Do U Fear?

BambinA

Thai society is based around the family unit, within a village life. I would imagine that noone who is part of a Thai family, living in a Thai village, would be alone, in life or in death.

However, it might be a different story for an expatriate. In Hong Kong there is a charity called the "South China Coast Community" which provides accommodation for lonely old expatriates. I do not know of anything similar in Thailand.

It would be really terrible to end up broke, sick, and dying in Thailand, wouldn't it? What's the solution?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai society is based around the family unit, within a village life. I would imagine that noone who is part of a Thai family, living in a Thai village, would be alone, in life or in death.

However, it might be a different story for an expatriate. In Hong Kong there is a charity called the "South China Coast Community" which provides accommodation for lonely old expatriates. I do not know of anything similar in Thailand.

It would be really terrible to end up broke, sick, and dying in Thailand, wouldn't it? What's the solution?

my 2 cents...

everybody will die someday. many will die unhappily with regrets. others will die without knowing they died as with alzheimer's disease.

..those few who die happily with a group of family surrounding them. well, it's a movie scene.

so, the best thing you can do for yourself is to forge forward and find those happy memories whereever they might be. don't forget your budget, mind you. but do the best you can to make yourself happy.

don't always expect long-term relations with someone because the chances are they won't be there.

if you are lucky, you will accumulate enough happy memories to keep you going until you leave this world.

my greatest fear is to live those last 10 minutes of my life without any treasured happy memories to ponder on. ..think about it.

good luck in the quest.

...to happy memories.

thanks everybody for encourage me

it just happend, coz i was sick , i stayed alone in apartment ..and i could not even move out of bed

anyway .. thanks god to have you guys TV members here .. i feel happy to have friends like you guys .. even net friends (and yes , some are my real friend in real life)

thank you :o

Bambina, any man would be lucky to spend his time with you. From your postings and your picture it's obvious you are intelligent, funny, sweet, beautiful, and *sexy*! :D

At the risk of being very unpopular, I think you've got to be where the prospects are, which might mean less time on this board. Since it's hard to meet someone on these boards, more time out and about increases the odds a lot.

I don't know what works for Thailand, but in the US, it pays to be involved with non-profit organizations, charities, etc. Things that you can give as much or little time to as you want, but where you meet a lot of people. Granted, that works better for men since there are generally more single women in these things, but there has to be something in Thailand that would work.

I have a friend who used to go to golf driving ranges by herself. Not surprisingly, guys were always willing to give her advice if she wanted. Museums are nice too, since there's something to talk about without the normal small talk. These 2 places also offer some pre-screening, by who goes there, which may or may not match what you're looking for. Maybe other forum members have ideas for Thailand.

More negativity. Pathetic

I will make this brief

You come on here and start slating members left right and centre, calling us all a bunch of negative, alcholic, drug abusing pedos then do you really expect any serious response to anything you post? Dont bother answering me here if you have something constructive to say, feel free to pm me.

Apologies to Bambina for taking this off topic.

By the way Bambina you are a special lady and you really dont need to worry about being on your own, i am sure there is someone out there for you. :o

Sorry to say this, but men in general don't like to marry a "too smart" woman.

I disagree with the above. There are some, and this just shows how insecure they are. I have always found intelligent women attractive. Some men do, some men don't...

There is someone for everyone out there, it just has to 'click'.

When meeting someone for the first time, resist asking what they do for a living. Enjoy their company without attaching any labels, so there's nothing to fear. Accept pain and disappointment as part of life. :o Remember that a successful relationship depends on two things:

(1) finding the right person and (2) being the right person.

Bambina,

It's hard to imagine someone with you sense of humour being alone. Have no idea of your true age, but suspect that you are not too ancient. Along the road of life, I am convinced that there is someone special for everyone. After more than one failed marriages, have now been happily married for several years to my Thai wife, who apart from anything else happens to be my best friend, and I could simply not imagine life without her!

well

i dont want that .. i fear

even i know my family love me

but ..i dont wanna be single till i die

so..what do u manage your life..rare to find someone who love u the way u are

Hi BambinA

I do not know if this is a cry for help or a lonely hearts column advert. However your time to find someone is always round the corner. A little advice would be to stay off thaivisa.com then you will have time to meet someone, but then you may meet someone on here! Thats the beauty of life.

Stay cool and smile daily x :o

Edited by lopburiguy

Lonely - Akon

Lonely I'm Mr Lonely,

I have nobody,

For my owwnnn

I'm so lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely

I have nobody,

For my owwnnn

I'm so lonely,

Yo this one here goes out to all my playas out there ya kno got that one good girl whose always been there like ya Know took all the bullshit then one day she cant take it no more and decides to leave

I woke up in the middle of the night and I noticed my girl wasn't by my side, coulda sworn I was dreamin, for her I was Feenin, so I hadda take a little ride, back tracking ova these few years, tryna figure out wat I do to make it go bad, cuz Ever since my girl left me, my whole life came crashin

I'm so lonely (so lonely),

I'm Mr. Lonely (Mr. Lonely)

I have nobody (I have nobody)

To call my own (to call my own) girl

I'm so lonely (so lonely)

Cant belive I hadda girl like you and I just let you walk right outta my life, after all I put u thru u still stuck Around and stayed by my side, what really hurt me is I broke ur heart, baby you were a good girl and I had no right, I Really wanna make things right, cuz without u in my life girl

Been all about the world ain't neva met a girl that can take the things that you been through

Never thought the day would come where you would get up and run and I would be out chasing u

Cuz aint nowhere in the globe id rather be, aint noone in the globe id rather see then the girl of my dreams that made me Be so happy but now so lonely

So lonely (so lonely)

To call my own (to call my own)

To call my own (to call my own) girrll

Never thought that id be alone, I didnt hope you'd be gone this long, I jus want u to call my phone, so stop playing girl and Come on home (come on home), baby girl I didn't mean to shout, I want me and you to work it out, I never wished Id ever Hurt my baby, and its drivin me crazy cuz...

To call my own (to call my own)

To call my own (to call my own) girll

Lonely, so lonely

So lonely, (so lonely),

Mr. Lonely, so lonely

So lonely, so lonely, (so lonely), Mr. Lonely

[/quote

Don't know who wrote the song, but believe Bobby Vinton recorded it. I notice a verse I remember missing I think its

Lonely I'm Mister Lonely

Now I'm a soldier

A lonely soldier, away from home

Through no wish of my own

Lonely I'm mister lonely

I wish I had someone to call on the phone

Bambina,

It's hard to imagine someone with you sense of humour being alone. Have no idea of your true age, but suspect that you are not too ancient. Along the road of life, I am convinced that there is someone special for everyone. After more than one failed marriages, have now been happily married for several years to my Thai wife, who apart from anything else happens to be my best friend, and I could simply not imagine life without her!

I too feel the same about my beautiful wonderful kindspirited sweet non nagging Thai wife, who laughs with me and at me and herself. She hasn't as much education as I but make no mistake about her intelligence, her drive, or her capacity for love and life. I only hope I can live forever as that in itself wouldn't be enough to bask in the warmth of her love.

But when the inevitable end comes, she'll be at the side of my bed comforting me with her presence and love.

I miss my intelligent inspired girlfriends.

I miss that. I miss it a lot. No joke.

But I make do cos I am alone at the end. As long as i'm healthy, I don't mind too too much, but yeah, I miss having htat other half around.

I guess at the end we are born by ourselves, and we die by ourselves.

But I make do cos I am alone at the end. As long as i'm healthy, I don't mind too too much, but yeah, I miss having htat other half around.

Very profound statement. Perhaps one should be okay being alone first before placing so much in another person?

Girlfriends? Thats why they left...two is company, three is a crowd.

I think what Bambina was trying to say is that she wants to meet someone she can love. Not a passing phase. Correct me if I am wrong, but you have girlfriends? Land of plenty does not mean that you have to take all.... I love my wife and my child. I am lucky and I hope that people, including Bambina can be as lucky as me.

:o

Chokdee Khap x

ps. to write that GFssss thing really pished me off. I hopr tour mobile rings forever with all your great GFsss loving you so much, cos your the Daddy,,,

Edited by lopburiguy

Unfortunately even if you're a guy and older than your partner there's no guarantee that you won't die 'alone' as I'm sure has happened to people you know (happened to my parents). Used to fear this but have got amazing family and friends and have learned instead to be alone and not lonely. Doesn't mean it wouldn't be nice to have the 'love of my life' by my side when I'm going though...

Honestly I didn't want to offend anybody, especially our friend Bambina. But I used to know many female friends scientists or holding PhDs, who told me that it was very difficult for them to date men. They think the reason is because men fear their intelligence and therefore can't control them if they get married. These women are now in their mid-40s and still singles.

I think you would also find a lot of male scientists and non-medical doctors who find it difficult to date, if you looked closely. You will also find them concocting all sorts of theories as to why this is the case, fixating on how the world cannot handle their wonderful traits rather than analyzing their own faults... :o

Bear in mind, being a scientist or holding a PhD is not just an indicator of intelligence but of many other social traits and predispositions. I've met some very intelligent people who have occupations not placing high demands on their intellect, and often these people seem much more sociable and socialized. I know scientists who are happily married or happily single and dating, as well as those who are bitterly alone (or even bitterly married!). The latter often have many obvious social faults which they are frantically denying and which others are too polite to mention.

This is equally true of both men and woman, and in either case I think these folks need to learn to be happy before they can learn to be happy with a partner.

well

i dont want that .. i fear

even i know my family love me

but ..i dont wanna be single till i die

so..what do u manage your life..rare to find someone who love u the way u are

I'm in pretty good company when I'm alone these days :o

It wasn't always that way, however.

My fears have decreased as I've put more days behind me. I just don't get lonely anymore.

What's worse than being alone? Being in a relationship and STILL being alone. I lived alone for many years. Maybe I tried too hard for that elusive dream. When I finally did give up and resigned myself to being alone my perfect match came along. There was nothing planned and everything just fell into place. Life is good! :o

Edited by Gary A

"Last year, I left my old boyfriend behind because I thought I didn't need a support person. Then I wrecked my shoulder, moved away, and have missed him. I'm tempted to call him up and ....who knows?"

You're willing to trade your independence, and reenter a bad relationship because you shoulder hurts? Sounds like something else is bothering you...

"Last year, I left my old boyfriend behind because I thought I didn't need a support person. Then I wrecked my shoulder, moved away, and have missed him. I'm tempted to call him up and ....who knows?"

You're willing to trade your independence, and reenter a bad relationship because you shoulder hurts? Sounds like something else is bothering you...

And people still wonder why we prefer Thai or Asian women... :o