Good Thai Worker Been With Me For 2 Years Now

WilliamCave

Its good to have someone like that, i live quite near you 4km past big king on your left hand. I usually let one my gf's brothers do work for me, but even according to her they are not good at precision work. I am still looking for someone who can do some good tiling in my home. I find it hard to look for people who can work for me as you never know what you get. I am not good at doing things myself so i can't correct them much either.

Its good to see something good on here about a conscietious Thai worker, as this account proves they do exist, and I would like to believe there are many, but as always the good ones keep thier heads down and get on with the task at hand while the not so good ones get noticed.

The restaurant where I have eaten lunch at least once a week for 4 years has almost the same excellent staff for 4 years. The fruit stand where I buy fruit the same, the bakery where I buy bread the same, the vet, the doctor, the pharmacist all excellent and all the same staff for 4 years. smile.png

• Like 1

Good post WC. I too am lucky to have some good workers in our village that we can call on to do some work. Unfortunately they are always busy, for the simple reason that everyone knows how good they are....so there is always a waiting period.

But this does not just apply to Thais......in my former life, I came across many workers who just weren't up to scratch, and then there were others that were like a breath of fresh air.

It's a human trait to be lazy or conscientious, some of us can be changed, many can't.

Cheers.

Good post WC. I too am lucky to have some good workers in our village that we can call on to do some work. Unfortunately they are always busy, for the simple reason that everyone knows how good they are....so there is always a waiting period.

But this does not just apply to Thais......in my former life, I came across many workers who just weren't up to scratch, and then there were others that were like a breath of fresh air.

It's a human trait to be lazy or conscientious, some of us can be changed, many can't.

Cheers.

This attempt to universalise won't wash. Just contrast almost all japanese with almost all thais.

If your education system is a trained incapacity then you will be useless.

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

Cheers.

This attempt to universalise won't wash. Just contrast almost all japanese with almost all thais.

What happens if I compare almost all Mongolians with almost all Thais?

Cheers.

What is your problem....de-railing a feel good thread with a universal comeback, trying to rubbish a simple statement showing that we have two basic traits regardless of education.

Some people!

To ad to my topic about good workers, the reason they are hard to find is because they already have jobs, same as in Canada the good workers are working , I read another post today about contractors , they are the same thing hard to find because they are booked up all the time. Had a blocked pipe in the wall from the 2 nd floor bathroom for about 4 weeks. I waited for a contractor I know to come open up the brick wall on the first floor and repair it, he put a really nice access door on for future problems and repaired the ceiling drywall and the bricks on the wall, it was ok to be with out the bathroom because I have 2 other bathrooms He didn't ask for money until he was done and I was happy. I wanted him to come back in a few days for another little job but he was booked for the next 6 weeks. So I will wait until he if free again.

Something I learnt long time ago in Canada and here to so I am not picking on Thais only . As soon as some one tells me here I have a friend can do that I run the other direction the worst are friends of friends

The gardener i hired over 7 years ago now lives on the same premises and he has become a good friend and i trust him with everything!Good worker and i know his family as well.

Now he is working part time and he is starting his own business with my support,he will make it and i wish him well!

• Like 2

Cheers.

What happens if I compare almost all Mongolians with almost all Thais?

My experience of Mongolians is somewhat limited, but on the basis I would take a Thai.

how much are you paying your great workers OP and Naam?

We brought one of our Filipina Maids to Bangkok a year ago. She now earns 8.500 Baht a month plus a good health insurance of around 1.000 Baht a month. As far as I have learned from anyone here around, no one pays so less...

In Manila she earned around 3.800 to 4.000 Baht at max.

She is with us since 6 years and I could not imagine having someone better with us. In our area there is only one family with a Thai maid. All other maids are from Burma or the Philippines.

Since December last year we also have our second Filipina maid with us, she has been working for almost 3 years with us in Manila and is as great as the other one. Salary 7.000 Baht, no insurance yet, but she will get one as well. In Manila she earned around 3.000 to 3.200 Baht.

Both of them are very happy here. They both stay in our guest room as long as we do not have guests. (Maids room is a stock room lol) We eat together and often go out together. They are part of the family. Both of them have a free laptop to use with WLAN and can watch their Filipino movies over the Internet.

They both know exactly how I want everything cleaned, cloth washed and folded, how I want the food and so on. No need to advise them whatsoever. Both are working hard all day. And our daughter loves their ate's (Ate = older sister, cousin etc.). They do call me kuya (Kuya = older brother, cousin etc.)

I treat them well and I think the complete package of salary, insurance, laptop, internet, the room and the free food and drinks as well as free toilettries they are very satisfied and I personally think we have a good deal.

The communication is good, they do speak passable English aside from Tagalog and Cebuano.

Everyone is happy...

Edited by yannic