Security Window Film

PhayaoPete

Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing makes this security film for windows that is pretty amazing. I have seen test videos of it performance and would like to use it on my 1st story windows. Has anyone seen this product, here in Thailand? Does anyone know of a 3M store in TH? pp

3M is definitely here, it is hard to read their website though. They do free estimates. Just call them up and tell then to come to your place. Might take a while. I would call Lamina myself, might be frustrating lack of English, but check on what they have.

You'll have to browse yourself, I don't know if this is just what you are looking for.

http://www.3mbuildin...¸£/ultra_safety

A big hint: it is best to look at the films in the US catalogues, and try to match those up to the Thai version, which will be the same but with a slightly different name, like one letter different at the start. It's weird, I always wonder why they don't just keep the same exact model number.

Edited by utalkin2me

what security purpose - blast proof or stop breaking in ?

mine not prepared for explosion or blast, but reasonably good for break-in. but clever guy would break in through the weak window lock, they never come in from the multi-lock main door.

tell you what, I could un-lock the kitchen window when I forget the key :-)

I guess in reality...it would be to only slow them down and make a lot more noise trying to break in. Not too worried about bomb blasts...if I had to worry about that....well....I just wouldn't. It wouldn't matter. But to keep the majority of the honest people honest, and make the yaa-bah heads work a bit harder...I guess that is what I am after. Come on....even burglar bars can be breached. I would like to have a wee bit of reassurance that it wouldn't be a walk in the park to rip me off. I am in a very rural area and have the in-laws house in front...so it's not like living somewhere in a highly urbanized area. I have a music room/studio that I would especially like to secure...somewhat. Thanks for the input. pp

I guess in reality...it would be to only slow them down and make a lot more noise trying to break in. Not too worried about bomb blasts...if I had to worry about that....well....I just wouldn't. It wouldn't matter. But to keep the majority of the honest people honest, and make the yaa-bah heads work a bit harder...I guess that is what I am after. Come on....even burglar bars can be breached. I would like to have a wee bit of reassurance that it wouldn't be a walk in the park to rip me off. I am in a very rural area and have the in-laws house in front...so it's not like living somewhere in a highly urbanized area. I have a music room/studio that I would especially like to secure...somewhat. Thanks for the input. pp

OK, understood, everyone to choose what they prefer but ground floor we prefer the pretty burglar bars.biggrin.pngpost-87530-0-99851300-1358762493_thumb.j