Cmu Commencement Day 24Th Jan But Already Worst Traffic Congestion

ARISTIDE

Drivers from all over the country is visiting CM to join the Comemmencement Day. So Nimmanhaemin is a no go zone already as I witnessed it this morning trying to get home. BKK plates seem to be the hot head type but the Lamphun plates are still the deadliest.

Suthep and Huay Kaew Roads are gridlocked most days. With the new convention centre that can accommodate 70,000 people opening just a km away, I think it's time to give up on that side of Chiang Mai.

They won't be able to get there they will be stuck in traffic.

1512040.gif

• Like 1

actually most of them have to get there around 5 in the morning or something

70,000 people at 5:00 in the morning. Why so early. I never heard of a convention starting that early. Is it in the city bylaws?smile.png

Obvious- to miss the traffic. 1508946.GIF

That might explain the plug up of extra vehicles parked along lower Loi Kroh road last night. They were blocking traffic everywhere from the night bazaar to the one way iron bridge. I'm sure glad I only ride a narrow motorbike.

True, or as early as 4 am! I guess they have to organize thousands of people to get ready for the ceremony as royal princess will present the degrees.

actually most of them have to get there around 5 in the morning or something

70,000 people at 5:00 in the morning. Why so early. I never heard of a convention starting that early. Is it in the city bylaws?smile.png

Edited by ARISTIDE