How Much Do You Give To Your Girlfriend Each Month?

Renoir

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it all depends how much you trust your partner, and your views on "payment". When I read topics like this (even though it is not intentional by the OP in most cases) when this question comes up it sounds like you are refering to a rental agreement. Put another way, how much would you be willing to pay a woman/partner to live with you in your country of origin?

Again, it would also depend if you are living with them or if they are living in their own homes and just show up when you want. In my case (slightly off the OP as I am married) I give my wife 28,000 baht a month, and that is to cover the everyday costs of living together with enough left over for her to get what she wants; if it is anything major, I will give her the money for it. So I suppose I am leaning towards a "payment" scheme myself?

This is a relatively recent change as before she was using her income when she was running the business and I would pay all the bills, so in my view, circumstances dictate.

Even before I was married, with me it always came down to trust. I rented an apartment for 7 years in Pattaya (1992-1999), and up to 1997, every girl that was living with me (yes, BG's for the most part) was trusted to pay for the upkeep when i wasn't there.

Never had a problem in all that time (related to payments anyway)....................thumbsup.gif

I give mine 8,000 a month. That is for her personal stuff be it shampoo, face creams, clothes, phone or whatever. It is not a lot of money but she saves some of that each month.

She does not work but that was a joint decision. 12 hours a day working, coming home, sleeping 8 hours, time to travel to and from work left us with a couple of hours a day together. A couple of days off a month. If she is working I might as well live alone.

A part time job of work would suit her perfectly but they are few and far between.

We share the cooking and cleaning, the laundry and everything else, though she does prefer to do most of it herself. We have time to go out to different places during the day, to get out to the bar once a week - she is not one for going to the bar much.

This suits me and is a situation I am currently happy with.

No requests for money for family or anything else.

I felt the same way about my tgf working. She had a job for a while earning 250 baht a day. By the time she paid to travel to work, had a couple of meals there, uniform etc she hardly had anything to show for working 60 hours and i hardly ever saw her. She was too tired for boom boom etc. I can't see the point in your tgf working, you might as well just barfine when you need it. I presume you still pay for some of her living expenses over the 8,000 baht so it's difficult to say exactly what a live in costs you.

On my own or not I still have to pay rent, electric, water, food, internet so the extra on top of those is minimal with two people in the house. I actually save on the food bill as she does a lot of the food shopping.

As I said before, I give her the 8,000 and maybe take her out for a meal or a coffee or for a day out. Cannot really do that with one you barfine.

Barfines would cost me triple that and more per month. Barfine + her costs maybe 1,000 a night + ? You would be looking at 30K upwards for something someone else had a few hours earlier. No bareback riding either - unless you are a fool.

No, I'd much rather have it this way thanks :)

• Like 1

It's the idiotic dirty old middle aged men that take a girl in her late teens early twenties and completely ruin them with iphones, laptops, cars, motorbikes, cash so that they will be their girlfriend (sados).

Most of those girls will turn into nasty, self obsessed, selfish women in the end paying the young Thai Karaoke boy to go with them once or twice a week just to make them feel a bit normal and not so much as a freak by living with one.............seen it time and time again. rolleyes.gif

So many expectations :)

By girlfriend:

#1 Wife - nothing house money is house money

#2 girlfriend - about 5,000 baht a month

#3 girlfriend - about 2,500 CAD a month (she is canadian, so higher cost of living)

Average Thai worker works a 26 day/month schedule, average salary in NK was about 260/baht a day = average salary per month 6,760 - social assistance about 365 baht (depending on if the employer pays a part or none this figure can change slightly per worker) = 6,395 baht per month / give or take.

I gotta stop reading these threads ...... so many guys paying a woman to be their wife, then trying to justify it to strangers ...... unbelievable!

A new form of one-upmanship Tommo????..... didn't you say you have TWO wives???? That's bordering on some form of snobbery. wink.png

I gotta stop reading these threads ...... so many guys paying a woman to be their wife, then trying to justify it to strangers ...... unbelievable!

A new form of one-upmanship Tommo????..... didn't you say you have TWO wives???? That's bordering on some form of snobbery. wink.png

And as they are sisters, only one MIL to pay off ....... you can't beat that for value for money!

• Like 2

The average wage of a Thai who works in a factory or elsewere, not including the Sex industry. is about 6500baht a month, so you decide,

welcome to year 2013, its 9000thumbsup.gif

This will of course vary by region wink.png

And if the company employing is paying the 300B minimum wage......................rolleyes.gif

and if they are Burmese they will get half the amount a Thai gets,

Edited by Thongkorn

And as they are sisters, only one MIL to pay off ....... you can't beat that for value for money!

So this was a tesco-like BOGOFF deal, eh? tongue.png

20k for groceries and her personal shopping. over the 3 years she saved quite a amount which i didnt expected as i thought our meal expenses are quite big considering that we have lamb racks weekly, lots of beef stews and steaks, bbq on every weekends and nearly using duck fat exclusively

I like my women to be working if they enjoy so ...people with nothing to do and idle tends to be destructively boring after a while

Her working does not stop us from buying gifts to spoil them

I would give what she earns @ 50% for allowances as long as she keeps working this way she gets to save or buy the million things women need and men have zero need for

• Like 1

It's the idiotic dirty old middle aged men that take a girl in her late teens early twenties and completely ruin them with iphones, laptops, cars, motorbikes, cash so that they will be their girlfriend (sados).

Most of those girls will turn into nasty, self obsessed, selfish women in the end paying the young Thai Karaoke boy to go with them once or twice a week just to make them feel a bit normal and not so much as a freak by living with one.............seen it time and time again. rolleyes.gif

Not really so idiotic. I'm sure those saddos are still getting something out of the relationship.

All i have read is pay this, dont pay that.

you should give a girl this, you should not give her that.

good girls dont do this, bad girls take that.

no mention of love.

Love makes blind and a fool of many a guy. biggrin.png

I think you will find its lust that does that not love.

I give my wife half of everything I withdraw from the ATM, I always have, she gets the spouse payment from the Department of Veterans Affairs in Australia but that gets paid into our joint account back in Oz and is used to pay for the credit card, so we share what I get here.

i do not have a girlfriend but i did ,she is now my wife she is not and never was employed by me so i "give" her nothing ,we share our life , i had two relationships before i met her and never gave or was asked for "a wage" never understood the concept of giving a woman money to live and share her life with you.

I totally agree.

I never have and never will pay my wife who I live with in Thailand.

I know many men do and that is up to them, each to our own.

My wife has never asked for a 'wage'.

When we go out, as I am the driver, we go together and I pay for everything or give her money to pay.

I pay all the bills and thingslike medical insurance.

I do however ensure she always has some money in her purse and usually if she asks for something (within reason) then she gets it.

Though she does not technically go to work she has some income from rice and other sources which she then gives to me.

Her contribution. She has never asked if she can keep what she earns.

• Like 1

All the holier than thou posters who look down on farangs that give their wives and gf an allowance.

If you are contributing more to the budget because you pay all the bills etc.

I suggest that you try to give your other half an amount of money equivalent to her income and tell her that she is responsible for paying for everything out of the total.

I think that you may find that your relationship may go downhill and you will then know that you are paying her after all.

Not sure why you need to give her any money at all. Bit of an odd question unless you asked her to stop work. But the answer is that it's up to you. Every situation is different.

That pretty much sums up what I believe. If someone is given too much then they are likely to ACT like a kept woman. I feel that all adults should work at something, for no other reason than self respect. How much to give would depend entirely on the circumstances and where they might live. I would imagine that living in Issan would cost far less than living in Bangkok or Phuket.