Permission For Int'l Travel With Tgf & Daughter

BuddhaChile

I am planning a visa run trip to Bali for three weeks with my TGF and her daughter. The daughter's father is Thai - registered as the father but never married to the mother. The daughter's surname is the same as the father's (different than the mother's). The daughter is 5 years old and already does have her passport. Does anybody know if we would need letter from the father to travel internationally?

Sometimes immigration wants to see some documents ,sometimes not,so you will be safe if u have something from her father,I always take a handwritten letter,with copy of passport,certified by local amper from my daughters mother

Thanks, punisher, that sounds like sound thinking to me. We're not really sure where the father is at right now but we have talked about getting a letter from the mother's mother and from the village boss stating that this little girl is the daughter of the mother. thumbsup.gif

You should be fine with mom an daughter travelling together as long as the daughter has the same last name as her mom on her passport, if not i suggest u get paperwork to back her up ( taam bien baan, note from grnadmother, copy of id's etc, just to be on the safe side, always best to overdo it than for them to say no

Ahh Bali; be prepared for really really bad traffic. I have friends that own resorts there an they say it is worse than anywhere in Asia.

Bets bet if u wnat to see the island is do what my duaghter and i do, Taxi to Ubid for a few days, then rent a 2 wd suzki an drive around, gas is really cheap. and u see the real Bali.

also spend a few days near the end of ur trip in Kuta, close to airport, GREAT water park in center of town.

Bird park is worth a stop as well

Edited by phuketrichard

You should be fine with mom an daughter travelling together as long as the daughter has the same last name as her mom on her passport, if not i suggest u get paperwork to back her up ( taam bien baan, note from grnadmother, copy of id's etc, just to be on the safe side, always best to overdo it than for them to say no

Ahh Bali; be prepared for really really bad traffic. I have friends that own resorts there an they say it is worse than anywhere in Asia.

Bets bet if u wnat to see the island is do what my duaghter and i do, Taxi to Ubid for a few days, then rent a 2 wd suzki an drive around, gas is really cheap. and u see the real Bali.

also spend a few days near the end of ur trip in Kuta, close to airport, GREAT water park in center of town.

Bird park is worth a stop as well

Hey "phuketrichard", we're on the same page, my friend. You are so right about the traffic. I used to live in Bali 6 months of the year before I came to Thailand. Lived in and around Ubud/Mas/Lotunduh as a matter of fact. I bought a nice big Kymco Dink 250cc scooter (which I still have there) to putt around the island. She's comfy for my large western ass and quick but when I go with family I too rent a Suzuki 2WD which we use when we go north - Balian, Lovina, Amed - where the traffic is a little less congested.

Thank you so much for the tour advise. I've been to the waterside .... fabulous! Perhaps the Bird Park is worth a look. Great seafood in Jimbaran also. What resorts do your friends own?

I say best to get something or the kid will be very upset at the airport if turned away and you don't want to have to go away and come back.

Better for all to get the permission even if you are then not asked.

A 5 yo will be excited to go on holiday and you don't want any upset.

Thank you all for your input. We now have documents from hometown village, registration and guarantees - same paper used to get her passport. Should be good to go.

Now, Thai GF and I are getting married in Bangkok (before we go to Bali) so now I want to talk about getting her a temporary resident visa (TRV) for Canada. But, I guess that's another forum.

Thanks again, ThaiVisa buddies, from one very happy BuddhaChile clap2.gif

With registered as the father I presume you mean he is on the birth certificate, not that he legitimised the child through the court. That mean that legally he is not the fahter.

Immirgation normally doesn't check children, unless they have a different lastname than the adult they are traveling with. If mother and child have the same lastname, normally no questions are asked. If they have a different lastname, questions can be asked. Normally one than shows the birth certificate, which shows the name of the mother. If they persist, the mother can show that she has sole custody over the child with a form from the amphur. She needed the same form (Khor rhor 13 if I recall) to get the passport for the child.

With the papers you take she will have no problems leaving with the child.

• 2 weeks later...

I will recommed to marry with TGF and file a Sponsorship application befoew lodge TRV application for Canada. There are many refusals cases coming to my office by Thai ladies who are married to Canadians but when TRV filed, got rejected.