Refused Non-Imm "o" In Kuala Lumpur

KL only issues a multiple non-O if you show at least 100,000 baht in a bank account. Did you submitted evidence of having money in the bank?

Will they issue without proof of marriage? Just 100k in my Thai bank account? I'm on a non-O now issued in the states.

You need to prove you are married if that is what you are applying for.

The non-O I am on, is based on a long term relationship, but not married. Are they the same?

KL only issues a multiple non-O if you show at least 100,000 baht in a bank account. Did you submitted evidence of having money in the bank?

Will they issue without proof of marriage? Just 100k in my Thai bank account? I'm on a non-O now issued in the states.

For a non-O based on marriage you must show proof of marriage.

So, no chance getting a non-O, not based on marriage in KL?

So, no chance getting a non-O, not based on marriage in KL?

You aren't 50(+)?

No!coffee1.gif

Edited by noob7

Ok, here is what i gathered from my research on the Savannakhet's consulate.

On their official website, they are currently stating as follow (in thai but translated automatically by Chrome):

"3. This type was discontinued. (Non-Immigrant. Visa).

, for holders of ordinary passports. Who wish to travel to Thailand to perform various activities, including (1) business (2) and (3) the reason for the family to obtain a visa. The cost varies depending on the amount of time it will take - to THAILAND (Single Entry or Multiple Entries). "

Then officially it seems they are looking to see at least 20k on your bank account but when applying people are doing without this.

I have 2 questions.

Given that the information on the Savannakhet consulate's website it's wrong (showing type "O" visas as discontinued), i suppose that both photos on the form to submit should show the applicant only, or do they want a photo for the thai spouse too?

And secondly, do all these copies of id's, house's book, etc, have to be signed out by the thai spouse as required from the consulate in KL or it's not required??? I couldn't find out from the infos i found, thanks.

Chrome can not translate Thai effectively and what you have provided has nothing to do with non immigrant O visas in any case as they are not issued for business. The 20k requirement is for any non immigrant visa entry and is normally not checked unless there is a reason to suspect applicant can not support there stay.

Chrome can not translate Thai effectively and what you have provided has nothing to do with non immigrant O visas in any case as they are not issued for business. The 20k requirement is for any non immigrant visa entry and is normally not checked unless there is a reason to suspect applicant can not support there stay.

I forgot to include the source (Official Thai consulate in Savannakhet), it's their page stating this, not me, i am only doing a copy and paste: http://www.thaisavannakhet.com/savannakhet/th/consulate-service/inspect/I still don't know if those photocopies have to be signed by your thai spouse or not, does anybody knows? Thanks

The photos you submit on the form are passport photo's of you. Naturaly they only portrait you, nobody else.

I did ask this, because the wording on the informations i found, could well means the photo of the partner as well, so thanks for have clarified this point.I know how embarassing can be the local authorities requests in fact of personal pictures, as i still remember when, one year, they insisted on getting a picture of me and her together on our bed, no jokes!....so just a passport photo of her on a form would surely be a more discreet request...

The above link is invalid. The copies of her ID card and home register she should sign and date. The photos together are immigration requirements for extensions of stay and have never seen any request for such photos for a visa application.

I applied for and received a multiple entry, 12 month, non immigrant o visa based on visiting my wife and child a week ago. I am over 50 and my business is outside of Thailand. I supplied marriage cert, tabien baan, copy of wife's id card, copy and original of bank book with 400k plus passport copy and copy of my sons passport (can be birth cert)

Received the visa next day no problem, but what was interesting was that they told me I wont be able to do this again. In future all non O multiple entry visa's must be extended inside Thailand. i.e. get a 3 month single entry outide Thailand and then extend at your local immigration office.(or if you have a 12 month O visa extend that in Thailand) They did ask me why I hadn't done this and I truthfully said I was in KL on business, I think my answer to this question was crucial to their decision.

Reason I hadn't applied for the extension inside Thailandbefore is that I have read of people having hassles and it was easy to get at the embassy.

Hope this helps someone

Reason I hadn't applied for the extension inside Thailandbefore is that I have read of people having hassles and it was easy to get at the embassy.

Thank you for your info Arrytheippo, yes i can confirm what you wrote.The attitudes for some of the local offices we are now obliged to refer to, it's just unbearable, typical mafia's style "peaceful bullying" that suggest they want to get something extra from you or you'll get to sustain whatever games they like to play at that particular time, as even if you have all your paperwork in place and meet all the requirements, they can simply break some of the most elementary human rights by denying your application, it's still up to them to let you stay or not.Personally, i very much prefer to spend some extra cash and to apply as far as possible from similar creatures, but KL apparently doesn't want to give us this chance any longer, we got to find a new place.To conclude, even if when i contacted personally the KL consulate the girl on the phone was not helpful, denying any mistakes and challenging almost in an aggressive way, on why i could not do that in Thailand (as if the requirements or staff's attitudes were the same!!!) or why i would not be prepared to pay again to them without any guaranties i would get what i apply for..., the department of consular affairs in Bangkok rectified the "mistake", free of charge.Remember that if you happen to go there, many people working on that building are not aware of the window 107 on the last floor (the one you have to go to), and try to direct you at the big immigration building far away, so don't trust them and go ahead on your way upstairs.

. . . the department of consular affairs in Bangkok rectified the "mistake", free of charge.Remember that if you happen to go there, many people working on that building are not aware of the window 107 on the last floor (the one you have to go to), and try to direct you at the big immigration building far away, so don't trust them and go ahead on your way upstairs.

By "last" floor, do you mean top floor. Thanks and good work!

Yesterday, here in Penang, I enquired about that kind of visa on behalf of a friend who will apply in April. The agent - Banana Guest House in Chulia Street, assured me a 12 month visa can be obtained for an inclusive fee of RM610.

Hope this helps.

I can confirm this. as I use the Banana GH service, and I got my 12 months

Congratulations on getting it corrected.

Not many people know this procedure, so little reports about it are available.

Thanks. As all the information i got from this procedure originated from the help of the many contributors on this forum, i felt it was my duty and the barely minimum i could do to reciprocate the favour by writing a report about my particular experience here, thanks.

By "last" floor, do you mean top floor. Thanks and good work!

Sorry i should have been more specific.I wrote that assuming that a person would make his entrance by using the main door at ground's level, so the "last" floor you will get access to would be the one at the top of the building, in my consideration i didn't take into account the many "special corp" veterans on the forum, which would perhaps make their point of entry the roof of the building, after all, getting a ride on one of the many helicopters is a cheap affair nowadays and it's so hi-so quality tourist. If you plan to go without a chute and opt for a teletrasporter (like the one on the Enterprise,Star Trek's style or Dr Who police's box), just select "107" on the targeted building. Nano nano.

Long term relationship does not count as marriage.

Some honorary consulates might under circumstances issue, but not in Asia.

True, I tried this a couple of years (3-4) ago (before I got married to the same girl) with a Consulate in Europe.

They where very bitchy about it and said something like: "You can't prove that you are in a relationship with this Girl",

so I left it at that and went to Hull and got a Non-O on basis of Visiting Friends. (Note: Hull don't issue these anymore)

Edited by MJCM

Yesterday, here in Penang, I enquired about that kind of visa on behalf of a friend who will apply in April. The agent - Banana Guest House in Chulia Street, assured me a 12 month visa can be obtained for an inclusive fee of RM610.

Hope this helps.

I can confirm this. as I use the Banana GH service, and I got my 12 months

It sounds as a reasonable alternative, thanks.