Best Pizza In Town

swissie

I have always wondered why people from Europe these days are willing to sit for 9 to 10 hours in a cramped airplane to come to Thailand and then somehow end up in Pattaya. I think I know the answer.

It's for the food, definiteley!

- Where is the best Pizza?

- Where are the best croissants available in the morning?

- Where is the best Bacon and Eggs available, also in the morning.

- Where is the best steak/ Bar-B-Que available.

- Where are the best Belgian French-Fries available.

- Where is the best Borscht available.

No doubt, we are confronted with an army of culinary experts, that can not find those foods in their home-country ! So Pattaya comes in handy and beyond any doubt, city-hall will declare Pattaya as the culinary-center of the world come next tourist-season.

Funny, in the old days, Farangs came to Pattaya for other reasons. (Sorry, can't remember what it was). But I remember that it was a lot more fun and a lot cheaper.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Yes, foreigners should not be permitted to seek out their favourite foods from home (or elsewhere). After all, Thais visiting or residing abroad never seek out Thai food!

I eat Thai food (or Laos, or Cambodian etc.) most of the time but, sometimes, only a burger or pizza or fish and chips will 'hit the spot'

Same goes for beer. Now and again I have to dig deep and buy a few pints of Guinness.

• Like 1

I occasionally eat Thai food but it was not one of the reasons I decided to live here.

I often eat Thai food (ie at least once a day) and it was the principal reason that I chose Thailand over some other nearby countries as a retirement destination.

The only other nearby option was Vietnam, which of course isn't an option anyway.

after living here for 15 years I'm happy to eat something else than Somtam. And yes, this forum is an excellent place to exchange the latest news on where to get great food. If you like Thai food, good on you and share where you find the good stuff! B)

• Like 1

after living here for 15 years I'm happy to eat something else than Somtam. And yes, this forum is an excellent place to exchange the latest news on where to get great food. If you like Thai food, good on you and share where you find the good stuff! cool.png

Without divulging names of the bad places, I think most "Italian places" probably serve what Italians think is good pizza. I am from Native America :) So, I am biased in that direction. I do like some of the pizzas at the Pizza Company, mainly because they pile the ingredients on and use sausage on some pizzas. I miss, however, the old-style thin crust pizza that the Pizza Company used to serve. I would love to fina a good alternative to the Pizza Company--some place that makes pizza with thin crust, lots of toppings and uses Italian sausage (dream on).

• Like 1

Why two threads on the same subject: Best pizza?

Because it's a very important subject. smile.png

Agreed and it is a pity there is really a limited choice in such a big town. I personally always enjoyed the US style like Dominos, Little Ceasars and such, but

go for a good Italian one anytime too. There seems to be a Dominos in Bgk. now...??

My favorites one and mostly consistent quality still PIZZA BIG & a small place I discovered lately on third Rd. right hand side just before overpass to Bali High, CASA RIZZI, who does an excellent Marinara Italian style. Well seasoned and tasty, maybe an inch bigger would draw more people. Big disappointment the new place on Bouakao opp, LK Metro. Was so happy to see it open and so disappointed when we tried it out. So keep them coming... Thanks PF>

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Well, 6 years and not much substance here.

The best pizza is to be found in Italy.

Do you go to Italy seeking Thai food?

Try the Thai food when in Thailand. They really do it justice. Seeking good pizza in Asia is 'counter-intuitive' at best...

1 hour ago, StephanieM said:

I've never visited Thailand, but it's on my travel-list, so from what i understand, there are not so many pizza places? I am a huge fan, but i also understand the traditions of each zone, so can't wait for my visit there ❤️  ❤️ 

Shouldn't worry, there are many. 

26 minutes ago, Happystance said:

Well, 6 years and not much substance here.

The best pizza is to be found in Italy.

Do you go to Italy seeking Thai food?

Try the Thai food when in Thailand. They really do it justice. Seeking good pizza in Asia is 'counter-intuitive' at best...

Speaking of Italy, there is a restaurant out near the lake called Sicily and their pizza and pasta are pretty damn good.

https://www.facebook.com/Sicilypizzapattaya/

8 minutes ago, Happystance said:

While there are many, the OP is looking for good ones, which narrows it down considerably.

To close to zero.

This depends if the comparison is with places such as Italy and New York, or with other countries regionally. The best pizza I ever had was some very inexpensive street pizza, topped with the freshest tomatoes imaginable, near the train station in Naples. But as long as we're not making unrealistic comparisons, Thailand can certainly hold it's head up in Southeast Asia. Standards in Pattaya are largely driven by those in Bangkok, where there are many excellent expat chefs who pride themselves on importing the right ingredients. 

1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

This depends if the comparison is with places such as Italy and New York, or with other countries regionally. The best pizza I ever had was some very inexpensive street pizza, topped with the freshest tomatoes imaginable, near the train station in Naples. But as long as we're not making unrealistic comparisons, Thailand can certainly hold it's head up in Southeast Asia. Standards in Pattaya are largely driven by those in Bangkok, where there are many excellent expat chefs who pride themselves on importing the right ingredients.

Alright, since we are gonna be diplomatic about it, I'll admit I might have a tendency to make unrealistic comparisons regarding food... and I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to cuisine. 

I've had fabulous pizza in Chicago and NYC but my fav was in Boston (Reginas), until I got to Italy... 

I was disappointed twice in CM with pizza and gave up looking.

Next time I'm in BKK I'll take a look, thanks.

• Like 1