Where To Buy Western Deli Meat / Cheese / Bacon In Cm?

STUDMEYER

I've been pretty happy with the selection of deli meats that Rimping carries, though I suspect you may have already checked them out.

For cheese, I usually buy the large block of Anchor cheddar at Macro. There's also a decent feta that's made here in Thailand, though the brand name escapes me right now. Dacheeso makes a wide assortment of cheeses, but I wouldn't recommend any of them as they all taste the same to me.

Thanks for the suggestions people.

I have been to Rimping and was satisfied, but I want to buy some serious quantity and avoid supermarket prices... Was hoping someone might know of a deli.

Will definitely check the cheeses out at Macro tomorrow.

There was a mail order deli meat shop from BKK I saw in an advertisement once (Think it was on Thaivisa actually) Anyone know what im talking about? Have you tried it?

Cheers

SM

Edited by STUDMEYER

Another place to try is JOK bakery supplies or the one in Nong Hoi past the overpass on the left.

Half the price of Rimping for a big 1Kg block of Philly.

They also have other cheese. Bloody sure you will get what you want here.

Macro prices for cheese are not far from Rim Ping prices.

Another place to try is JOK bakery supplies or the one in Nong Hoi past the overpass on the left.

YOK...

There's one just before the Hino garage after Nongphateep junction.

Edited by rawhod

The best bacon I've found is Makro's own brand called aro. Also worth checking out is Baker's Mart (http://cmbakermart.com/) which has not been mentioned in the Cheese stream and carries lots of Western foodstuffs. The owners speak English, know their products and are very helpful and friendly which is one of the reasons I go there unlike the aforementioned "JOK" where you get treated like a joker.

• Like 1

Yok main branch yes they're not my favorite but there's another Yok in Nim Plaza near JJ Market which is a little better and closer to my area. Still, I prefer cmbakermart as they carry more western grains like rye, malt flour, etc... for my sourdough and the owner has positive attitude.

aforementioned "JOK" where you get treated like a joker.
  • Like 1

I believe this one is cmbakermart not Yok

• Like 1

I don't understand the fuss about YOK. I went there twice. Both times they had ONE cheese available; a German mozzarella cut into wedges from a wheel. Price-wise it was no less than a comparable product from Rimping. Has something changed recently? Of course they had the crappy processed cheeses that I don't like.

Also can anyone comment on the place on the Super Highway, I think it is called Horeka or something like that. Went looking for it one day and could not find it. Any selection or bargain prices to be found?

Hoerka is a fun adventure, firstly finding it (40/7 Moo 4 Superhighway Rd., T. Tasala, A. Muang, Chiang Mai 50000) and then one just wanders around the walk-in refridgerators and see's what looks good. It seems to be more of a wholesale place that is set up for deliveries but they are very nice and don't seem to mind me buying just a little of this and that. They have a mailing list , sign up at: http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=001K8xwuOsUSHpED0KGPwVmhVGuR7xqbsnRY8qJYQqy. I've found some different imported stuff to get my culinary juices going.

When I think of my self as an expert Mr. know it all, here come Hoerka!! Clueless about this place. Did a little google found website is something horecachiangmai dot com

Open: Monday – Friday, 7am – 6pm

Tel: +66 (0) 53 262 980

Fax: +66 (0) 53 262 981

Email: care [at] horecachiangmai.co.th

18.758722, 99.032124

Horeca Chiangmai Co.,Ltd.

40/7 Moo 4 Superhighway Rd., T. Tasala, A. Muang, Chiang Mai 50000

Hoerka is a fun adventure, firstly finding it (40/7 Moo 4 Superhighway Rd., T. Tasala, A. Muang, Chiang Mai 50000) and then one just wanders around the walk-in refridgerators and see's what looks good. It seems to be more of a wholesale place that is set up for deliveries but they are very nice and don't seem to mind me buying just a little of this and that. They have a mailing list , sign up at: http://visitor.r20.c...xqbsnRY8qJYQqy. I've found some different imported stuff to get my culinary juices going.

Hoerka is a fun adventure, firstly finding it (40/7 Moo 4 Superhighway Rd., T. Tasala, A. Muang, Chiang Mai 50000) and then one just wanders around the walk-in refridgerators and see's what looks good. It seems to be more of a wholesale place that is set up for deliveries but they are very nice and don't seem to mind me buying just a little of this and that. They have a mailing list , sign up at: http://visitor.r20.c...xqbsnRY8qJYQqy. I've found some different imported stuff to get my culinary juices going.

If anyone can post directions on how to find this place that would be great. Google maps is not very helpful finding this one. I tried one day and after about 30 minutes of driving around I gave up!

Thanks for the suggestions people.

I have been to Rimping and was satisfied, but I want to buy some serious quantity and avoid supermarket prices... Was hoping someone might know of a deli.

Will definitely check the cheeses out at Macro tomorrow.

There was a mail order deli meat shop from BKK I saw in an advertisement once (Think it was on Thaivisa actually) Anyone know what im talking about? Have you tried it?

Cheers

SM

Macro has some deli meats at a drastically reduced price compared to Rimping or Tops still high compared to Canada.

690 baht for 1 kilo of various sausages as compared to 109 at other outlets.

Went to Hoerca today, The directions are on their website if you take the time to scroll down there is a google map.

ie stay left going south on super highway, drive under overpass for 1141, about 300 m, its your first left and there is even a sign to let you know.

Very easy to find. Not much flare in the show room because its a distribution warehouse/freezer, but there was lots there that got my taste buds watering.

They deliver for free in CM over 500 baht every day.

I will have an order of cheese, bacon, wine and beer coming tomorrow.

Thanks again for all the good information people.

Cheers

SM

Edited by STUDMEYER
  • Like 1