Toilets At All Bangkok Bus-Stops, Pongsapat Says

webfact

Incinerators would produce smoke and pollute the air more in the City.

Toilets would have to be cleaned, who is gonna clean them?

Wasn't one of Chalerm's sons given the job ??

Low but not a good idea no body should be given a job they do not have the education for. Results in sloppy workmanship. Besides it would take more than one person perhaps many crews to clean that many. They would sure create work putting them in. All that work to connect to sewer systems would help increase the grid lock unless they are going to use those little blue buildings. They would then need several pumper trucks.

A formidable noble ambition on a road fraught with many obstacles and slush funds.clap2.gif

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe you guys are actually debating some of the promises as if they may actually happen.

They are all lies. Empty promises for the masses created purely with intention to get their vote. None of them will happen....but what does that matter once he's elected?

He definitely stole the PTP playbook and has taken it to a whole new level.

Empty promises? All lies to get the vote of the masses? Looks like someone has been learning from the two main British parties, particularly the Labour liars and hypocrites.

The promises made by politicians in the Bangkok governor's elections are just one big joke. cheesy.gif When are the Thai people going to realize that these campaign promises are just smoking mirrows? Just look at what Yingluck promised during her election and how many programs have been successfully implemented.

Until Thailand can hold their politicians accountable for their promises, it will continue to be more of the same. So Sad!

Yes. Just like the British, and before I get accused of British bashing, I am referring to the politicians, particularly Labour.

Public toilets and small incinerators would be even more usefull, around the spots where the motorbike taxi guys hang out when waiting for customers.

Edited by Xonax

What !!!!! 4900 toilets at every bus stop ! Isn't there enough crap on the pavements now ? Who the

hell will clean and empty them ? Would you want to stand next to the fly infested stinky little crap

trap while waiting for a bus ?? What a dumb idea. Second thoughts..... it will give some homeless

people somewhere to sleep at night !

They will all end up being storage units for Bangkok's street market vendors like all the others. Maybe he's trying to get their votes with this scam - there are enough of them.

This reminds me. As far as I remember South Korea or Japan donated a few dozen emergency toilet units at the haydays of a flooding well done in October/November 2011. If so, what happened with them ?wai.gif

More lip service and the last thing Thailand needs is 4,900 'Thai' toilets in Bangkok as stinking eyesores in the streets. Where will they fit them? Amongst the illegal street vendors? You can't walk down any footpath in Thailand without being forced on the roadway already. Add a "hong naam" and you would need a traffic cop to monitor the queues. I wonder who comes up with these blind ideas?

Add 4900 public toilets and you have 4900 less people sleeping on the streets.......NOT!

Seems everyone is so caught up wiyh the wonderful idea of tiolets at bus stops they missed:

Pongsapat said the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration under his leadership would not suffer from floods.

Toilets should be simple for someone who can stop the rain.

Ah but hang on thats not the city thats only the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration.

The rest will be flooded as usual.

• Like 2

The good co-operation between BMA and government. Before, now, after.

Nothing really new wink.png

"Locals vow to fight proposed project; state agency says nothing finalised

The Stage 3 N1 expressway will be 19.2 kilometres long and part of the Laem Chabang Port-Bangkok-Dawei deep-sea port highway system. Up to Bt100 billion is being spent on the N1-N3 project.

The immediate impacts reported include dust and smoke affecting nearby communities and schools, a greater risk of accidents and the expressway blocking the view and light."

"He said he would build small incinerators for all communities to reduce the build-up of garbage.

"

oh no, more garbage burning everywhere...

why not starting to : compost or recycle

oh my god (or buddah or whoever in charge)

I can't believe you guys are actually debating some of the promises as if they may actually happen.

They are all lies. Empty promises for the masses created purely with intention to get their vote. None of them will happen....but what does that matter once he's elected?

Give him some credit. The man has reached the rank of Police General in Bangkok. Surely you cannot reach the rank of Police General in Bangkok without being totally honest and committed to the cause. It would be impossible for such an upstanding character to tell lies.

Give him some credit. The man has reached the rank of Police General in Bangkok. Surely you cannot reach the rank of Police General in Bangkok without being totally honest and committed to the cause. It would be impossible for such an upstanding character to tell lies.

And any rumors of him stealing a handbag whilst he studied in Texas are completely false and unsubstantiated!

• Like 1

I did not know he was a police general. So it it costs around 1 million baht to be a regular policeman, what would it cost to become

a police general ????? Anyway back to topic, these bizarre promises only serve to obfuscate real issues, such as corruption.

I would LOVE to see someone run an anti - corruption platform, and then actually do something about it once in office.

One time I was walking behind a bus stop (the ones people can sit down at) to avoid the crowd of people in front and I came across a homeless man taking a crap. Literally he had his pants pulled down and was crapping just a few feet away from where people were waiting for the bus. Of course I immediately turned around and walked in front of the bus stop instead. But yeah, I guess that homeless man would have appreciated a nice public toilet he could have relieved himself at, although knowing the BMA they would probably charge 3 baht to use a disgusting squat toilet with no toilet paper, water hose, soap, and most likely clogged and overflowing with piss and poo (like at the majority of bus stations).

Edited by mcnad

"He said he would build small incinerators for all communities to reduce the build-up of garbage.

"

oh no, more garbage burning everywhere...

why not starting to : compost or recycle

oh my god (or buddah or whoever in charge)

Are you nuts?

We need our 6 plastic bags for 5 items!

thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

One time I was walking behind a bus stop (the ones people can sit down at) to avoid the crowd of people in front and I came across a homeless man taking a crap. Literally he had his pants pulled down and was crapping just a few feet away from where people were waiting for the bus. Of course I immediately turned around and walked in front of the bus stop instead. But yeah, I guess that homeless man would have appreciated a nice public toilet he could have relieved himself at, although knowing the BMA they would probably charge 3 baht to use a disgusting squat toilet with no toilet paper, water hose, soap, and most likely clogged and overflowing with piss and poo (like at the majority of bus stations).

No can do any more they recently passed a law saying they would have use western toilets in new buildings. Not sure but I think all government toilets have to be changed.

All of these promises raise lots of questions. For instance, why are the more important projects, like traffic alleviation, not already being planned and worked on? The point is that you don't wait for elections to do this stuff....unless you are not really going to do it. I mean, where is the accountability for politicians both making such promises and for not keeping them if they don't do what they promise?

This shows the lack of an effective or meaningful civil society or real government oversight by the public. Is the public asking for that many toilets? And, as others have said, where will they be placed and who will keep them clean? And, as is typical for countries where personal freedoms come second to government and it's big business cronies, it is glaring that there are record auto sales in Thailand (good for the economy, right?) but nothing being done about the public infrastructure that is already way over its limit with autos. Doesn't anybody see the obvious transparent pandering by the current Bangkok mayor with his plans for congestion management? This is the type of planning the belongs anywhere but in the hands of politicians.

I like your point about where will they be placed, and remembering that the promise is all 4,900 bus stops.

A large % of the 4,900 are located where footpaths are very narrow, so are they going to buy piecs of land (e.g. shophouse and land), in prime locations this would mean millions of Baht per bus stop which cannot possibly be justified, or rent the shophouse, the cost of which would be way beyond what could be justified for a toilet, and it's a recuring cost every month. Plus establishment costs and manning costs and cleaning costs and maintenance costs.

Also on many road the bus stops are jsut 200 / 250 metres apart. How can anybody justify a toilet at every one of these stops?

But hey maybe a good prospect for someone to own and run 4,900 condom vending machines.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1