Fedora 18 Installation And Upgrade

Richard-BKK

One week with Fedora 18, I upgraded one of my computers to Fedora 18 about a week ago and I'm still pretty happy. Okay, Nautilus 3.6.2 needs some getting used to but I think I can get over the it.

Currently I use kernel 3.7.2 and the memory management and video performance has improved a good amount. The computer I upgraded is not my regular machine so the hardware is a bit dated, but for a quad-core Intel Core2Quad Q6600 with 8GM DDR 1333 it works pretty well... even the VGA, is a bit old, being a Nvidia GTS450 with 2GB memory... still video performance is pretty good....

Probably this weekend I will upgrade our main systems to Fedora 18, this systems are equipped with Intel i7 processors and Nvidia 660 graphic cards...anybody have any experience with Fedora 18 and modern hardware?

I am using the latest bodhi (64bit, linux core 3.7) and it runs sweet on my machine. Samsung i7 3610QM, 8Gb RAM on 120 GB ssd.

I see that Fedora 18 has core 3.6+,

but just out today (distrowatch.com, check R side of screen with 'popularity' of listings putting Fedora @ #4)

Fedora 'rawhide' core 3.8!

I'll unetbootin rawhide to a stick and let you know how it runs.

Cheers, AA

I am using the latest bodhi (64bit, linux core 3.7) and it runs sweet on my machine. Samsung i7 3610QM, 8Gb RAM on 120 GB ssd.

I see that Fedora 18 has core 3.6+,

but just out today (distrowatch.com, check R side of screen with 'popularity' of listings putting Fedora @ #4)

Fedora 'rawhide' core 3.8!

I'll unetbootin rawhide to a stick and let you know how it runs.

Cheers, AA

The kernel 3.7.2 with Fedora 18 x86_64 comes direct with the first update.