Govt Plans War On Drugs 'round Five'

george

Actually, looking at trends is far more important than at government propaganda:

Prices are coming down again, and amphetamines are everything else than scarce anymore.

Pre drug war street level price in Bangkok was around 40 baht a pill in Klong Toey, 50 to 100 outside. During the height of the drugwar pills went for up to 500 baht. The price has been steadily decreasing. Today you get a pill easily for around 200 baht. And you get it again almost anywhere.

Upcountry is still a bit slower, but just wait and see.

During the killings and the following rounds of the drugwar top and mid level dealers have hardly been touched, and finding some street level folks is always easy.

I don't have access information on how easy it is to procure in many markets (interesting that some folks around here apparently do... in their own imagination perhaps), but for the gals at Long Beach, Colonze, Amsterdam, Utopia, and a few other places, along RCA (at least in the crowds I run with), in the private party circuit with revolve around along Ratchada, Thonglor, and Ekkamai, and with a few mamasans and papasans on Soi BJ and Walking Street in Pattaya, I've heard the prices of 200-250-300 Baht for years (no I don't do regular surveys, but we all know how limited pillow talk/bathtub/bar talk with these folks goes, it usually revolves around the same few dozen topics regarding nightlife and partying..... at least for locals isn't limited to... "you like spicy? I like spicy... you so handsome! you buy me Fortuner?"). I haven't heard of anyone mentioning the price for less than 200 since the first major crackdown. Also the former heir to the drug kingdom that was Soi Yensabai in Pattaya is still a garbage/plastic/aluminum collector as of this week and has yet to return to his former more lucrative profession. Just a few streetside examples from someone without the luxury of an all seeing crystal ball, but the trends of prices spiralling downwards isn't there as I see it.

:o

Just a few streetside examples from someone without the luxury of an all seeing crystal ball, but the trends of prices spiralling downwards isn't there as I see it.

You might see it though if you would do regular surveys.

Mine are in performed since years in the same selected slum locations in Bangkok and the suburbs, as well as confirming numbers with plainclothes police officers.

I am a bit too old now for the party circuit, and a bit too married for meaningful relationships in massage parlours.

Again, my regular surveys are within my own lifestyle and areas. Your regular surveys are more extensive, eh? Are you part of an NGO doing work in this field of work?

No, I am not part of an NGO. I am not particularly fond of most NGOs.

But please stop asking me my what my work is, where i live, where my wife's village is, as i prefer to keep a certain amount of privacy.