Bts Longer Trains

Kananga

I already told you, it just about fitted.

And I have told you many times, "just about" isn't clear. As a couple of people have pointed out "just about" can mean it's too big or too small.

Well you'll just have to live in the torment of not knowing then won't you. There were still 6 cars. That much you do know, so try and take some comfort in that.

I already told you, it just about fitted.

And I have told you many times, "just about" isn't clear. As a couple of people have pointed out "just about" can mean it's too big or too small.

Well you'll just have to live in the torment of not knowing then won't you. There were still 6 cars. That much you do know, so try and take some comfort in that.

I think the clue is in his username. Don't worry, what you said was perfectly clear to any normal person who speaks and comprehends English.

I think the clue is in his username. Don't worry, what you said was perfectly clear to any normal person who speaks and comprehends English.

Thanks. It would seem that he and he alone is struggling to grasp this.

Edited by Kananga

Perfectly clear? 50-50 chance.

How can it be 50/50 when I have already told you on numerous occasions that it just about fitted. I think you're just causing trouble now. If I told you my car got stuck in traffic on the way to the airport and I just about made my flight, would you come to the conclusion I caught my flight or missed it?

Edited by Kananga

How can it be 50/50 when I have already told you on numerous occasions that it just about fitted. I think you're just causing trouble now. If I told you my car got stuck in traffic on the way to the airport and I just about made my flight, would you come to the conclusion I caught my flight or missed it?

There are a couple of people on this thread which shows that there is confusion with "just about".

If you just about made your flight, I would say that you didn't make it..

If you just about missed your flight, I would say that you didn't miss it.

If the train just about fit in the station, I would say that it didn't fit.

If you put something in a box, and it just about fit, I would say that it didn't fit.

There are a couple of people on this thread which shows that there is confusion with "just about".

If you just about made your flight, I would say that you didn't make it..

If you just about missed your flight, I would say that you didn't miss it.

If the train just about fit in the station, I would say that it didn't fit.

If you put something in a box, and it just about fit, I would say that it didn't fit.

Well, thankfully this post isn't about that you would say. Like I said. There were 6 cars and they just about fit on the platform.

Actually ... maybe it's been discussed before, or maybe in another thread ... but the trains that used to run on the Sukhumvit line now run on the Silom line ... and visa-versa.

Is that an accurate observation?

I'm sure Lakegeneve knows.

Actually ... maybe it's been discussed before, or maybe in another thread ... but the trains that used to run on the Sukhumvit line now run on the Silom line ... and visa-versa.

Is that an accurate observation?

I'm sure Lakegeneve knows.

I think LakeGeneve said something along those lines in post 34.

Chalerm's train: One long train stretched the entire length of the line. All you have to do to get to your station is change cars. What could be easier? Maybe put all of the displaced taechers from the south as attendants, armed with machine pistols, in each car to insure orderly movement from car to car.

Yes, in line with what LakeG noted above, these days, the most common train set running on the Suk line seems to be the 4-car CNR trains. The older 3 car sets seem to be being phased out on the Suk line... That's the good news.

The bad news, one one respect, is that the addition of the 4th car/longer trains, doesn't seem to be doing a lot for the overcrowding/capacity problems that arose when line extension from OnNut to Bearing opened.

Even with the 4 car sets, the Suk trains still seem to be regularly packed, and not just at rush hours. Perhaps the one thing that has lessened is the prior problem of the overcrowding being so bad that riders were having to wait for 1-3 trains before they could finally squeeze onboard. I'm not seeing so much of that lately.

Yes, in line with what LakeG noted above, these days, the most common train set running on the Suk line seems to be the 4-car CNR trains. The older 3 car sets seem to be being phased out on the Suk line... That's the good news.

The bad news, one one respect, is that the addition of the 4th car/longer trains, doesn't seem to be doing a lot for the overcrowding/capacity problems that arose when line extension from OnNut to Bearing opened.

Even with the 4 car sets, the Suk trains still seem to be regularly packed, and not just at rush hours. Perhaps the one thing that has lessened is the prior problem of the overcrowding being so bad that riders were having to wait for 1-3 trains before they could finally squeeze onboard. I'm not seeing so much of that lately.

It really wouldnt surprise me if they were running them at a lower frequency so capacity hasnt actually been increased.

Agree. I think they will need a price hike- i could easily imagine 300-500% price increases in the next 2-5 years as the only way to deal with the over crowding.

Just about. the 6 cars took up the full length of the platform.

"Just about" sounds like they didn't fit.

The platforms are designed for 6 carriages, so if there were only 6 carriages then the train DID fit in the station.

If the train was hanging out the end of the station (ie it did NOT fit) then it wasn't a 6 car train.

I can't believe I am arguing with someone who wasn't even there. There were six cars. End of story.

Perhaps it was a 6 and a half car train?

Sukhumvit line this morning at rush hour were running 3 car trains. I am sure there is some logic in running longer trains on off peak periods but I am yet to figure it out...

Not all of the 3 car trains have been converted to 4 car trains yet. Maybe the 4 car trains were elsewhere in the system.

Sukhumvit line this morning at rush hour were running 3 car trains. I am sure there is some logic in running longer trains on off peak periods but I am yet to figure it out...

I commute from Phra Khanong every morning. Usually one in every three trains is a 4-car train. But it doesn't make much difference to the over-crowding!

That said, despite being jam-packed into the trains, it's certainly no worse than commuting by tube in London. Thai commuters are invariably polite (if a little shy about moving) and the trains are delightfully cool.

Both last Friday and today (Monday) at 8:30 a.m. the frequency of the trains seemed to be much lower than normal. So perhaps, as pointed out by another poster, as they increase the number of four car trains, they are decreasing frequency. Can't see the logic in that though.

Both last Friday and today (Monday) at 8:30 a.m. the frequency of the trains seemed to be much lower than normal. So perhaps, as pointed out by another poster, as they increase the number of four car trains, they are decreasing frequency. Can't see the logic in that though.

Logic? That would be a first.

Wow, haven't seen one yet. It will sure be nice. They have already been adding the number of 4 car trains. I only see a few 3's left.

At 2 am? I thought the skytrain finshed at 12am and started at 6am. Maybe it was a trial run.

Over the past couple days on the Suk line, it seems I've been faring about 50%...

Half the time getting one of the newer 4-car CNR trains, and the other half of the time getting the older Siemens trains....

I estimate about the same, 50/50 on suk. No tally or anything though.