Slingshots Anyone?

KRS1

its good hand eye coordination and back exercise.

hard to find the replacement surgical tube type band replacement though.

My wrist rocket is out of action until I find new bands ;-(

I seem to remember getting surgical tube at a lab supply place in CM.

I think it was west side of the old city, the road running along inside of moat.

I think she had to order it for me.

Alternatively try the med supply places out by Sri Pat Hospital.

I think it was west side of the old city, the road running along inside of moat.

Yes thanks.. The tubing is the easy part.. The really hard part is to get the leather pouch attached to the tubing. In my experience the pouch pop off at the worst time. I have had the best experience with the pre assembled tubes and pouch.

Perhaps I should change over to the local rubber band type sling shots.

In case anyone is wondering these make excellent aggressive dog repellent.

Yes thanks.. The tubing is the easy part.. The really hard part is to get the leather pouch attached to the tubing. In my experience the pouch pop off at the worst time. I have had the best experience with the pre assembled tubes and pouch.

In the past I have seen Wrist Rocket replacement kits online and at that time they would have shipped to Thailand.

By the way, did you buy the Wrist Rocket in Thailand?

MSPain

In the past I have seen Wrist Rocket replacement kits online and at that time they would have shipped to Thailand.

By the way, did you buy the Wrist Rocket in Thailand?

MSPain

Another TV member from BKK or somewhere had a wrist rocket and parts but I guess could not get it assembled and nicely mailed it to me for free.... After futzing around I could not get it put together so it sat until I visited the US and brought back some pre made band/pouches....

Thanks.

I saw a Wrist Rocket in Robinson's at Airport Plaza some years ago in the sports department. When I wanted to buy one I could not find them. That is when I searched online and found the kits to replace the power straps.

At the time they would have shipped to Thailand, but I did not complete the order.

MSPain

My father was a useless alcoholic who took off when I was a kid.

I have to dig deep to find any bit of useful advice or information that he left as his heritage...

But he did one day teach me to fire a slingshot. And his advice was that you always hold the vee of the handle horizontal...never vertical...

If you hold it horizontal and the rubber breaks...you have less chance of being blinded...

rats and pigeons make good targets also.

One technique I like for dogs is to aim at the ground just in front of me to skip or ricochet toward the dog... The pebble will take on a harmonic noise so the dog gets another que to beat it or risk a hurting.

When one gets good at selecting the right kind of pebble and angle of skipping then the noise is very similar to old west movie ricochet sound.

I guess you could label that animal cruelty but if a dog bites a person that dog might be put down so I look at it like training for a bad behavior.... And I don't aim at the head unless the dog is really aggressive.

• Like 1

I have been target shooting with a Thai slingshot every day at 4 PM for six years. Initially I was seeking a place to take my 150 pound German Shepherd dog to do his business in the 'back 40' of Banwangtan when I found a desolate area ideal for a target range. Currently I have a 180 foot range, a 220 and 250 foot range with 1' wide by 2' tall targets. I use lead shot similar in size to 00 buckshot that I buy at wororot market. I use Thai slingshots as rubbers and pouches are cheap and available at all Thai outdoor markets. Maintenance is quick and easy as rubber bands hold everything together.

I have a wrist rocket and a conventional marksman I brought from USA 10 years ago and would prefer using them however the surgical tubing available in Chiang Mai is not suitable as it is thick wall and not sufficiently elastic.

Slingshots are silent and can be deadly in the hands of someone who knows how to use them.

Jolly Roger

Slingshots are silent and can be deadly in the hands of someone who knows how to use them.

So are cucumbers.

uhh.. you might be a few cans short of a six pack.

you could hold up a cucumber and be used as a target I suppose.

Does anyone have recommendations of good local slingshot dealers?

I imagine the local wood and band type ones are not all equal.

Any pointers?

There is a thai slingshot club somewhere that make some nice stuff.

I'll be in town soon and would be glad to hook you up with some 'real' bands capable of over 300fps i'm bringing both flat bands and tubes. I think i'll have enough for about 14 sets, so if anyone else is needing just drop me a private message.

I'll also have some material to attach the pouches with cuffs that will not tear. Next time i access the Internet will be 3 days.

So are cucumbers.

Farts even morso.

I haven't used a slingshot since I was 10, made them myself with elastic bands sourced from the local dump. The pouch was made from the tongue of an old shoe. The fork was carefully selected after hours of searching to locate the perfect fork. The shaft needs to be kept short, with the thumb and index finger running up the arms of the fork. As a male,, I would be embarrassed to go into a shop and buy one. If would be similar to ringing a breakdown service to have a car puncture fixed.

i remember going to daret house one day and one of the owners was practicing at 10 m for a local competition

the target was a little pouch hanging infront of a blanket

I also rememer this. Khun See (the owner) and one of the waiters practicing for the contest. I was surprised at how often both of them were able to hit the small target!

You can buy the surgical tube at most pharmacies. Just take a piece of the old one with you to show them. It's usually under the counter on a bulk roll.

rats and pigeons make good targets also.

One technique I like for dogs is to aim at the ground just in front of me to skip or ricochet toward the dog... The pebble will take on a harmonic noise so the dog gets another que to beat it or risk a hurting.

When one gets good at selecting the right kind of pebble and angle of skipping then the noise is very similar to old west movie ricochet sound.

I guess you could label that animal cruelty but if a dog bites a person that dog might be put down so I look at it like training for a bad behavior.... And I don't aim at the head unless the dog is really aggressive.

For street dogs that accost me when I am walking I use chrome hex nuts about 1.25 CM in my slingshot... The hollow core makes a whistle - both audible and inaudible... gets the dogs attention for sure... After a few encounters they usually just run when they see me or at least when I raise my arms as if to shoot. :)