Phuket To Canada

petercallen

I know there are quite a few Canadian expats living in Phuket

What i would like to know is what airline they use when returning to there home country and the length of the flight and approx cost for return flights

We are interested in going to Vancouver in British Columbia about the mild of the year

The land package i have got a Quote from Jetset in Australia for but they do not arrange the airfares from Thailand

Try Cathay Pacific's web site, you'll need typically need to fly from Bangkok. Should be 1200-1400 CDN (3 months advance). BKK-HKG-YVR or BKK-HKG-YYZ would be about 20 hours with a short layover in Hong Kong. I'm flying from Toronto (YYZ) in early February, paid 1450 CDN...

try jetabroad dot com dot au..best prices and great service...we are off to Van in March ...via Seoul...can't remember exact price but about A$1200+

oh and turn off your tracker if you have one as the web site won't let you proceed with booking..

Edited by David006

EVA Air is an excellent airline.......you won't be treated as cargo.

I agree. They use 777 aircraft for passengers.

fair enough mate its about the same as other discount fares in dollars and much cheaper than some arlines

just waiting for a reply from the Canadian embassy in bangkok about applying for a visa for my wife there as i have no idea how to send the necessary documents over the Internet

China Airlines..........

Not a very safe airline............if you follow stuff like that.

Yes, and more expensive, with not as much leg room on older 747's.

I would not agree with that. I flew China Airlines from Phuket to San Francisco (via Tawain/Tapei) quite a few years ago. Booked a business class at a very good price. At Phuket I was given a seat in the first class section of a very early 747 (seems they had no business class, so placed in 1st). One of the best flights (there and back) I have ever experienced.

China Airlines..........

Not a very safe airline............if you follow stuff like that.

Yes, and more expensive, with not as much leg room on older 747's.

I would not agree with that. I flew China Airlines from Phuket to San Francisco (via Tawain/Tapei) quite a few years ago. Booked a business class at a very good price. At Phuket I was given a seat in the first class section of a very early 747 (seems they had no business class, so placed in 1st). One of the best flights (there and back) I have ever experienced.

Well you weren't in economy... And I guess you do agree they fly older 747s. They did upgrade me to business class for free on a BKK to Taipei leg, which was nice. They no longer fly out of Phuket it seems either. Haven't for about 3 years.

Well you weren't in economy... And I guess you do agree they fly older 747s. They did upgrade me to business class for free on a BKK to Taipei leg, which was nice. They no longer fly out of Phuket it seems either. Haven't for about 3 years.

Agreed. And more like 13 years since they flew out of Phuket. But this is way off topic.

Agreed. And more like 13 years since they flew out of Phuket. But this is way off topic.

Actually I caught one about three years ago. I do that trip once or twice a year (BKK to SFO). China Airlines was cheaper when I went in the spring and EVA was cheaper this fall.

fair enough mate its about the same as other discount fares in dollars and much cheaper than some arlines

just waiting for a reply from the Canadian embassy in bangkok about applying for a visa for my wife there as i have no idea how to send the necessary documents over the Internet

Peter, you use a digital scanner attached to your computer or a digital camera may work to send documents. But a scanner is the preferred way. Save the file as a .pdf document.

Peter, you use a digital scanner attached to your computer or a digital camera may work to send documents. But a scanner is the preferred way. Save the file as a .pdf document.

Duuu Thanks

i did Phuket-MTL through Qatar. about 850~ (1150~ return) one way. 26hrs 1 stop in Qatar. Food was good.

Im sure theres a way to buy airline points and getting huge discounts for families. Looking at this right now.

Edited by bearpolar

Thanks for the replies, just waiting for a reply from the Canadian embassy in Bangkok before i proceed any further

I had a problem getting a visa for my wife in Zimbabwe in Africa of all places and had to change to Zambia where she got a visa on arrival

the same as me

i will change destinations for our next holiday to somewhere we can both get visas on arrival if i do not hear back from the embassy soon

Vancouver is a beautiful city. Lots to do and great restaurants. Don’t know their visa policy (I think tough though). How about central or south America?

Thinking about South Korea,my wife wants to see snow even though if it rains here and its still 28C she wraps herself in a blanket

Visa on entery there for both of us, should be snow on the mountains and a pleasant tempurature elsewhere in the summer

I have sent 3 emails to the Canadian Embassy in Bangkok and had 2 in return

All i want to know is if we take the necessary paperwork to the embassy can we apply for a visa for my wife at the embassy

All they have to do is send a email in return saying yes or no, which they have not done

I have had a quote for the land package of $22K AUD which i will not book and pay unless we have a visa for my wife

There are plenty of other holiday destinations where both of us will have no problems getting visas for

I am rapidly losing interest in having a holiday in Canada

I have sent 3 emails to the Canadian Embassy in Bangkok and had 2 in return

All i want to know is if we take the necessary paperwork to the embassy can we apply for a visa for my wife at the embassy

All they have to do is send a email in return saying yes or no, which they have not done

I have had a quote for the land package of $22K AUD which i will not book and pay unless we have a visa for my wife

There are plenty of other holiday destinations where both of us will have no problems getting visas for

I am rapidly losing interest in having a holiday in Canada

Looks like 8 days...about http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/visitors.asp#asia

I go from Phuket to Vancouver every year for a Salmon & Halibut Trip to Port Hardy on the North Of Vancouver Island with a bunch of retired Calgary Oilmen. My preferred route although not the cheapest but quickest is. Phuket-Hongkong-Vancouver-Souel-Phuket 18 hrs Total There and about 22 hrs back Dragonair-AirCanada-Air Canada-Asiana. Around $5,000 Return Biz Class the longest part is the Air Canada HK to Vancouver and back to Souel and they have 777 fully flat beds so pretty comfortable. Good thing is apart from Phuket -Hong Kong its all Star Alliance which just adds airmiles onto my Thai Airways Gold Card. Enjoy Vancouver and the surrounding wonderful scenery.