Buying A Condo In Bkk And Around

HI,

Could you tell for how much are the cheapest condo available in Bangkok?

Somebody told me you can find some for 400 000 baht around Ladprao (maybe deep in a soi?) but it seems a lot more expensive in central BKK.

Thanks for any information.

Hi French,

I also have no idea BUT I am interested in any replies from those in the know. I am also looking for a Condo to buy.

It maybe this posting in the wrong forum. :D

BT :o

JUST STICKING A LITTLE TOE IN FOR NOW.

There are dozens of forum threads regarding the price of real estate. There are hundreds of real estate firms located on the WWW. There are thousands of condos available through virtually any real estate agent in BKK. It's up to you to get off your fanny...

There are dozens of forum threads regarding the price of real estate. There are hundreds of real estate firms located on the WWW. There are thousands of condos available through virtually any real estate agent in BKK. It's up to you to get off your fanny...

Hi Flip,

You are well named and your reply less than useful, AS an Advanced member You should Know better than post a message to 2 NEW newbies that if anything would put them off posting in the future.

Your use of language also shows that a complete lack of thought went into your posting and is just plain rude.

A helpful post would have been to post these numerous sites =you know =about and give any recommendations or words of warning re others in YOUR experience OR otherwise.

I know where I WOULD LIKE TO PUT MY OTHER TWO BIG TOES.

BT

do unto others etc :o

Looking at websites to find a cheap appartment to buy is i my opinion not possible. Unless 5 million is considered cheap.

If you want to find cheap and i mean really cheap then you have to do a lot of footwork. Preferable with a Thai speaking friend.

When you walk from sukhumvit soi 40 to higher numbers you can find many appartments for sale and rent. You have to go into the soi of course,sometimes more than a few 100 meters. Appartment for 2-3000 baht a month can be found. For buying it starts as low as 150.000 baht.

But don't expect too much of it. It will just be a 25 square meter appartement consisting of 1 room and a bathroom. If you lucky it is in a reasonable liveable condition. But those criteria are different for everybody.

Happy hunting.

In the Theparak area condos can be had for between 400k-800k depending on location and condition.

I origionally bought mine because i liked the swimming pool...of an evening with abeer...but only actually stay in the place a couple of days a year but its a handy little bolt hole.(bide in K.W House...she got a bigger TV.)

Lots of bars aroung (thai) and very few foreigners and its only 6 bt on the 116 bus all the way to Silom. :o

The new ring (ling) road is taking shape a couple of minutes away so will be very handy for Suwana-pon.

Plenty Tescos,Car 4s,Makros and eating places (69 bt all you can munch)

• 3 weeks later...
Looking at websites to find a cheap appartment to buy is i my opinion not possible. Unless 5 million is considered cheap.

If you want to find cheap and i mean really cheap then you have to do a lot of footwork. Preferable with a Thai speaking friend.

When you walk from sukhumvit soi 40 to higher numbers you can find many appartments for sale and rent. You have to go into the soi of course,sometimes more than a few 100 meters. Appartment for 2-3000 baht a month can be found. For buying it starts as low as 150.000 baht.

But don't expect too much of it. It will just be a 25 square meter appartement consisting of 1 room and a bathroom. If you lucky it is in a reasonable liveable condition. But those criteria are different for everybody.

Happy hunting.

Hi Khun Jean,

I think you are right but can you maybe list a few web sites to look at with a 3 to 5 m limit for example.

I am in BKK 7th and would like to do some checking first ( like a previous poster stated) but can not find the sites /

Any help appreciated.

Bt :o

I totally agree.

All the nice websites, in english, have only one target : farang and wealthy thais who can afford overpriced appartments.

Not really what is looking our new friend.

Just a detail : Lad Prao is a nice aera (Central Lad Prao). In taxi, a 8 PM, by the highway, it take only 11 minutes and 30 seconds to go to, for instance, Sukhumvit.

:o

We have MRT and BTS (mot chit). Plus a new mall (Union Mall), just 200 meters from Central Lad Prao.

Anyway, don't forget something : at 400 000 THB the room, you will have a.... "thai comfort"...

Rinrada
its only 6 bt on the 116 bus all the way to Silom.
bet you can't get anywhere for 6bht now :o

wOT...Has the fares gone up AGAIN.......dear-dear...we got a -5k..rental car for the month so getting driven everwhere....house to secon..house to central....house to makro...house to tesco..house to homemark....think a sequence here somewhere.......and tonight...eh... :D

yes, i know maybe that's not what he is looking for in the first place but it give an idea about the prices these days that swing out really crazy :D

Sometimes i do not understand how most people wanna pay so much money for a condo in central bkk, ba jing jing :o

Last time in december i was in Pin khlao shopping mall walking and they were promoting a new project on sathorn road, prices for a condo starting at 4.9 milj Baht and the brochures also in thai so i guess it was not ment to sell for falang but for thai, how many thais can pay for that ???????

Prices in central bkk are almost higher then in most european cities these days, ok its bkk but anyway, it still stays just a condo or studio........

But i guess its the way of thinking and culture gap that makes a difference about that also just like the rest of Los.... :D

For those who can read thai here is another website: http://www.easyhorpak.com/

And for those who really want to find something cheap in bkk just walk around with a thai friend and ask ask ask......... :D

Good luck with it

yes, i know maybe that's not what he is looking for in the first place but it give an idea about the prices these days that swing out really crazy :D

Sometimes i do not understand how most people wanna pay so much money for a condo in central bkk, ba jing jing :o

Last time in december i was in Pin khlao shopping mall walking and they were promoting a new project on sathorn road, prices for a condo starting at 4.9 milj Baht and the brochures also in thai so i guess it was not ment to sell for falang but for thai, how many thais can pay for that ???????

Prices in central bkk are almost higher then in most european cities these days, ok its bkk but anyway, it still stays just a condo or studio........

But i guess its the way of thinking and culture gap that makes a difference about that also just like the rest of Los.... :D

And for those who really want to find something cheap in bkk just walk around with a thai friend and ask ask ask......... :D

Good luck with it

THere are around 1 million people and 300,000 households with incomes of 70,000b or more a month; easily enough to afford a 5 million baht house on the drip. And that's just BKK and official numbers; dig deeper and I think you'll find the target market for a 5mil house in BKK is probably somewhere around double that many people (even taking into account little kiddies and so on).

Despite the rampant inflation of prices from the tourists and expats coming into the market and driving up demand within the CBD, the likes of Land and House are very focused on the Thai market and are making serious money doing so.

I believe that LPN and the Prueksa have the next wave right, the 2-3 million people earning a rung below this with 500k - 2m baht for a house.

Everyone has to live somewhere :-)

Good luck with it

THere are around 1 million people and 300,000 households with incomes of 70,000b or more a month; easily enough to afford a 5 million baht house on the drip. And that's just BKK and official numbers; dig deeper and I think you'll find the target market for a 5mil house in BKK is probably somewhere around double that many people (even taking into account little kiddies and so on).

Despite the rampant inflation of prices from the tourists and expats coming into the market and driving up demand within the CBD, the likes of Land and House are very focused on the Thai market and are making serious money doing so.

I believe that LPN and the Prueksa have the next wave right, the 2-3 million people earning a rung below this with 500k - 2m baht for a house.

Everyone has to live somewhere :-)

should it not be 10 million people instead of 1 million ?

Rinrada

its only 6 bt on the 116 bus all the way to Silom.
bet you can't get anywhere for 6bht now :o

wOT...Has the fares gone up AGAIN.......dear-dear...we got a -5k..rental car for the month so getting driven everwhere....house to secon..house to central....house to makro...house to tesco..house to homemark....think a sequence here somewhere.......and tonight...eh... :D

hi

you can buy HOME BUYER'S GUIDE magazine which print in thai , let's someone can read thai traslate for you , It tell you all the new condo, house , hometown in bangkok and around.And also tell you the new road and new BTS extention line, I found one condo name BANG-YAI Square .which is near future purple line at BangBuaThoang , this condo start at 450000 for 27sqm but i have to warn you about buying condo now , think about assosiation fee too , that thing will kill slowly.

hi

you can buy HOME BUYER'S GUIDE magazine which print in thai , let's someone can read thai traslate for you , It tell you all the new condo, house , hometown in bangkok and around.And also tell you the new road and new BTS extention line, I found one condo name BANG-YAI Square .which is near future purple line at BangBuaThoang , this condo start at 450000 for 27sqm but i have to warn you about buying condo now , think about assosiation fee too , that thing will kill slowly.

Association fee?

And thank you for advice about HOME BUYER'S GUIDE, I didn't know it.

assosiation fee in thai call KA SAUN KANG it's for maintain the overall facility . if your condo has swimming pool , fitness , yard .or luxury things the fee will double than simple condo. I am not too sure about my info i think it's 20-50bath per sqm. and it can increse. Good luck hunting :o

Web sites would not bother with really cheap places.

If they do, and cheap is 1-2 mil, then it is probably overpriced again.

Last week I went to inspect one place with asking price of 1.2 mil, just to see that in very front of the building there was a 1x1m signpost on the pole where someone was selling twice the size of the original place for the same money, one floor down from the unit I went to inspect.

So, the original place's price of 660US$ per sqm was reduced to 330US$ psqm outright, without even calling the seller.

Probably could go down under 300US$ psqm after some huggling (it was a 90sqm 2 bed 2 bath + security parking 100m from a well known shopping mall, 7yrs old building with ammenities).

However, if you liked the price and the place, if you were to inspect it on Saturday or Sunday, you would not notice that a slum like shed/hangar below the window hides a factory that bangs and clonks all day long. So loud that in front of the building you can't converese with anyone who's standing more than 2m away.

So, for me, no purchase, not at any price, in that building.

However, someone might like it. For a hear-impaired person the noise would not be a big problem.