Where Can Expat Female Have Fun?

AFlair

Go to Narz on sukhumvit or route66 on RCA. Slim/flixx on RCA is fine too for your kind of partying. Clubs on thonglor soi 10 are filled with hi-so kids but you'll be fine if you're farang. The other typical party places, such as scratch dog, wip and insomnia are for the late night whore mongers.

• Like 1

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to mention, if you're looking for a beer and a nonpretentious vibe with foreigners and thais, go to the old school backpacker dive bar, Wongs. It's on sathorn. Google it.

Sent from my MB855 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Go to Narz on sukhumvit or route66 on RCA. Slim/flixx on RCA is fine too for your kind of partying. Clubs on thonglor soi 10 are filled with hi-so kids but you'll be fine if you're farang. The other typical party places, such as scratch dog, wip and insomnia are for the late night whore mongers.

have you been to any of the clubs you mentioned? by the sound of it only read about them.

For your own security sake, and also that your behavior reflects on all other falangpeople, maybe you should try to respect the culture over here. If your kind of "having fun" is to flash boobs maybe it is better to do it on your own turf...... Thai can get the idea that all falang are like you guys, and that is not a good thing...

Stay home and do whatever... please do not imbarrass the rest of us..

Glegolo

I have to agree. You should respect the values of the country you are in. I'm sure you don't want a bunch of muslims coming to your country and trying to impose sharia law on you?

Not exactly a safe thing to be doing in Thailand.

Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan is probably the best bet. I wouldn't suggest doing it anywhere else. Still got to be careful there though. A lot of girls get raped at the full moon party..

Edited by Metapod

Yes. What's your point? Have you? I lived on RCA for 6 months. Care to chime in with better advice?

learn to read, already did. All clubs you mentioned are VERY VERY VERY unsuitable for the OP, not to mention the ones in Thonglor DO NOT welcome foreigners, while they tolerate some,the clubs are not for us.

RCA clubs cater for uni students NOT for foreigners.

Wow the whole 6 months??? whats your address? will send you a 6 months awardw00t.gif

All correct apart from saying that Wip is for whoremongers... lol. And, I dont think you can go "completely wild" in RCA, let's be honest route is table to table, Slim is live music table to table and flix is table to table electronic.. Ive never seen anyone actually get ON any of those tables.. and I fully expect I never will.

Wip is 99% Thai and is not cheap. Bottle of whiskey the norm.

Yes. What's your point? Have you? I lived on RCA for 6 months. Care to chime in with better advice?

learn to read, already did. All clubs you mentioned are VERY VERY VERY unsuitable for the OP, not to mention the ones in Thonglor DO NOT welcome foreigners, while they tolerate some,the clubs are not for us.

Wow the whole 6 months??? whats your address? will send you a 6 months awardw00t.gif

Lemoncake, sorry you are also quite wrong.. sad.png

RCA welcomes foreigners (you may need to pay a surchagre for Flix and Slim these days, but still very welcome.)

Thong lo clubs welcome foreigners, there is not a single one I have not been in and I visit a handful on a weekly basis as do many other foreigners. smile.png

Edited by OxfordWill
  • Like 1

All correct apart from saying that Wip is for whoremongers... lol. And, I dont think you can go "completely wild" in RCA, let's be honest route is table to table, Slim is live music table to table and flix is table to table electronic.. Ive never seen anyone actually get ON any of those tables.. and I fully expect I never will.

RCA welcomes foreigners (you may need to pay a surchagre for Flix and Slim these days, but still very welcome.)

Thong lo clubs welcome foreigners, there is not a single one I have not been in and I visit a handful on a weekly basis as do many other foreigners. smile.png

I never said you get turned away, i did say tolerated but does not cater,Might be the reason for not advertising in foreign media or having english menu's

unless of course something has changed in the past 5 years

There is a difference between "welcoming foreigners" and "getting your ass and tits out" in the middle of a nightclub.

Yes, a lot of hostility towards ladies who just want to have a laugh. However, while you refer people to your OP, perhaps take a look yourself. The colourful language kind of sets the scene and while I'm neither, nor a mongerer, and it is no doubt off-the-cuff and indicative of those areas, I find it irksome that women say these things willy-nilly and are then bemused on the comeback. Hope you find what you're looking for, but. wink.png

• Like 2

Why does the spontaneous, usually half-drunken act of exhibiting one's bits n pieces need to be foreplanned?

To make sure that the spontaneous act of exhibiting ones bits would not offend people around.

In fact rather a considerate action to plan ahead

Oh behave yourself!! Tell your bird to grow up and secure her rack.

A girl getting her tits out at a mainstream nightclub while pissed isn't hip, it isn't trendy and it isn't the latest thing.

If you believe nothing else you read on this thread, believe this: neither you nor your girlfriend invented risque exhibitionism or shock value and, regardless of how hard you try, you're not gonna perfect it either. In almost every possible scenario, I can see your girl getting groped or worse if she does it here. The reason she was bounced off the podium at Insomnia is because 9 times out of 10, white women who get try to get up there and dance are pissed up and likely to hurt themselves or others if/when they fall off.

Your girl sounds like she desperately needs validation. The best place for that is in therapy, not three sheets to the wind in a Bangkok nightclub.

Ah yet another numpty throwing in his tuppence worth. But still isn't intelligent enough to grasp the initial request.

Try reading the original post.. I'll yet again try an spell this out in layman terms... LOOKING FOR SOMEWHERE THAT WESTERNERS GO TO HAVE FUN AND IS ACCEPTABLE.

Not interested in what you summise, and think happens or will happen.

Look, mate; I grasped the initial request perfectly. You're a couple of chavs who think that getting into or out of various states of undress while out of your minds on alcohol is in some way avant garde and you're looking for a club - exclusively for Westerners - where that type of peasant behaviour will be tolerated.

There aren't any.

I trust that answers your question.

Try a Club 18-30 holiday in Mykonos or something

Or go back to where they came from!

Is this not supposed to be a fun and enterainment thread? Why all these issues?

So where is a good place for girls to go out?

Exactly my question smile.png Its good to see several people now stayin on topic and understanding the question smile.png

Here is a question for you.

Do you act this way when you go out because you need some kind of validation in your life? From the way you write, it would seem so... sad.png

And before you judge.. I am 25 go out most nights... I would be disgusted if I saw any western girls acting the way you describe.. Its not something I have seen in Hollywood or Tiger, and I have seen much less get people booted.

Edited by Jigger

I wouldn't call RCA a place you can go and get wild - it's totally Thai - hanging around tables and no real dance floors. Same with Wip and Scratchdog.

If it helps, my Thai friend regularly gets wasted on KSR and has a habit of pulling her skirt up to give everyone a great view of her ass... and that's in the street outside! haha.

I cannot understand why you would need to flap your baps and your ass and somehow believe that you're having a good time. Do you seriously think you're giving everyone a treat? Go home and do it , or to one of the other low-life places that seem to attract similar souls.

The shorter answer would be Essex or one of the Mediterranean middens.

OP, you have brought up an interesting situation and I want to expand on my previous post. I to am a bit of a let loose type of partier myself. It was not uncommon for me and my friends to go out in the states, throw caution to the wind and do whatever gave us the best experience and let the cards fall where they may. Upon moving to BKK two years ago I have found the bar and club scene in BKK to be very tame compared to the US, Spain, South America, and other party scenes like Amsterdam and Germany. Thailand's cultural conservatism doesn't allow for complete and uninhibited self-expression especially anything in a sexual or physically revealing manner. Basic things that we take for granted in the west like public displays of affection and revealing clothing or fairly uncommon and generally reserved for bargirls and farangs but even then these things will draw negative comments and looks from the masses.

You would think that even in a private and secluded venue like a dimly lit night club these things would be a little more accepting but that's not the case. All of these places are monitored by CCTV's and local authorities just waiting from someone to cross the line so they can use that as leverage to extort money. Bar owners are always skating on thin ice as it is as they generally operate on the wrong side of the law and only are allowed to do business because they pay enough money to the right people to do so but even the smallest slip up can be costly so they also try to keep certain depravity at a bare minimum and as I stated previously public nudity is a big no no.

Taking the nudity out of the equation, you can still let loose but in a reserved way. You and your friend are foreigners so there will be some level of acceptance that a Thai women wouldn't be granted. Dancing your asses off, being overly flirty, getting wasted to the point of passing out isn't an uncommon sight for foreigners, men or women. You may not receive the same amount of positive responses that you are used to back home but if your main goal is to just have fun no harm will be done at least from a legal standpoint and any other caution will be the same as if you were in your home country and that is some men may try and take advantage of the situation or you may get kicked out of the bar. If you really want to party hard, I suggest meeting as many people as possible. There are always small parties going on and if you get in touch with the right people, invitations to these parties are easy to come by as they basically are open invitations to anyone who knows of the party. You can let loose a bit more at these gatherings then you can at clubs and bars.

People mentioned some bars and clubs and won't repeat the whole 'don't do it in a Thai club/odd looks/frowned' stuff that has been mentioned but everyone is focussing on the 'flashing the bits' aspect of the OP here. Is this entirely neccessary or is it just an end product of being out in such places? I mean, would you go out, get crazy and not flash?

Just wondering if the flashing bit is key to the night out or the potential for flashing is 'ok' if you felt the need.

I don't know of too many flash-friendly places (!) but I am not much of a clubber however the jist of it is crazy, western-orientated club type places and I can't believe no one mentioned Khao San Road yet. There's a fair few 'clubs' in KSR these days and it's not just hippies and soap dodgers like the old days. Some are ok. I think 'The Club' gets quite busy and crazy late on, a lot of westerners in there and maybe a more western feel to it and 'Lava Club' or something is another. Gullivers even but that place seems to have been overrun by hookers lately but there's certainly a western vibe late into the night.

I'd maybe try around that area, plenty of late night activity.

In terms of the actual flashing of the bits you definitely need to head to Haad Rin on Koh Pha-Ngan for the full moon!

First question is where in Thailand are you?

In BKK, i would not recommend flashing anything in a thai club as you may get more than you bargained for

Clubs like Insomnia, bed, q bar might be the places to have some fun.

In Pattaya, you also have Insomnia, Mixx(though if you flash, you might get loads of attention from certain group type, non thai)

Appreciate the response.

We are in Bangkok, and are very conscious of thta fact that we need to tame it down here. Thats why Im hoping someone can suggest some places that it is ok to let loose a little.

We went to Insomnia and my GF got up to dance in the podium, then the security told her to come down... We are finding things in Bangkok very boring with regards to nightlife!

Bored with nightlife in Bangkok!!!!......cheesy.gif

Must be a girl thing.

I cannot understand why you would need to flap your baps and your ass and somehow believe that you're having a good time. Do you seriously think you're giving everyone a treat? Go home and do it , or to one of the other low-life places that seem to attract similar souls.

The shorter answer would be Essex or one of the Mediterranean middens.

The bouncers usually only tell 1 type of lady to get off the podiums, the well fed ones.
  • Like 1

Is this not supposed to be a fun and enterainment thread? Why all these issues?

So where is a good place for girls to go out?

Exactly my question smile.png Its good to see several people now stayin on topic and understanding the question smile.png

Here is a question for you.

Do you act this way when you go out because you need some kind of validation in your life? From the way you write, it would seem so... sad.png

And before you judge.. I am 25 go out most nights... I would be disgusted if I saw any western girls acting the way you describe.. Its not something I have seen in Hollywood or Tiger, and I have seen much less get people booted.

OP, i respect that you are looking for places to go that certain behaviour would be ok..but i honestly do agree with members such as Jigger.

Yes i am also focusing on the t*ts and *ss comment, and granted im older than you and your gf, (but get mistaken for much younger).

Anyway, my point is I used to be a clubber, was also paid at one point to dance by one club (nothing dodgy. Just to get people in a dancing mood). and honestly, ive never seen what you are talking about in clubs..and ive been around Europe and UK. But maybe its a more recent thing. I know that kind of stuff was more for 18-30 Ibiza type people before. Just seems pretty uncoothe..

Ive also been ASKED to get ON the podium, not OFF.. so makes me wonder what your gf might have been doing that would result in her asking to get off.

Im not trying to berate or put you and your gf down, but i do wonder as others do too why anyone would want attention in that way.

But..hope you do find a place were its ok and that you dont find yourselves in any kind of trouble. Would hate to hear of something happening to either of you. SO please be safe.

http://notthenation.com/2010/12/bar-staff-sex-tourists-wait-patiently-for-white-woman-to-get-off-go-go-stage/

OP: Khao San Road is your best bet of finding a place that completely letting loose may be acceptable for the simple reason that it would be the place that is most forgiving to foreigners for excess (most of the time). I have seen some crazy sh** on that street, including western girls making out with each other and fondling and yes even flashing. I would recommend that you drink to the point where you are just starting to feel a buzz and then pop into several clubs/bars and judge the scene before drinking more. Are people sitting and talking? If yes, then get the F out of there. Are people jumping up and down dancing and grinding and making out? then bingo, and as dave chappelle would say

"c'mon titties!"

• Like 1

In charity to the spirit rather than the letter of your question, I would suggest you check out, in no particular order:

Bash club (suk soi 11)

Climax (suk soi 11)

Demo club (thong lo soi 10) ***

Wip (end of thong lo by bridge, inside liberty building) ***

Mixx nightclub (bottom floor of .. whatever that hotel is. Most taxi drivers know it)

Spoon club (ratchadaa, between soi 4/6) *** (!)

Narz club (sukhumvit soi 23, go past cowboy entrance, take first right, then as road begins to turn left, go right into carpark and you will see two clubs, one behind the first one is Narz (dont go into first one- not the kind of place you want)) (!)

Glow bar - suk 23, go past cowboy, take first right, then first left and 15 metres on the left

*** = Predominantly Thai and therefore less tolerant of non-Thai values

(!) = substances often in use

Theres are plenty more which would accept a more "liberated" kind of female night out, but frankly, none as liberated as you mention. Like many people have warned you, its really not safe to show your bum or breast in any thai club, including brothel bars, and speaking as a guy one year younger than you and from the same part of the world, I would find it really offputting (I realize, you are not out to impress me!)

Good input. Nice to know some people actually read the original post and understood it. Thank you smile.png

Using the bum/boob is an example, not saying we want to go out everynight and get the t*ts out. We are young, like to party, dont mind if things get raunchy or wild. Simply looking for places to go that this will not offend anyone if we get in thta frame of mind.

Good list of spots there Will.

Your 30's your not that young anymore. But follow wills list. Add Spazzo to it and you should be ok.

I don't really know what you mean when you say you need to tone it down a bit? What the hell were you like in the UK? Obviously you can go clubbing here and have a good time but don't start taking your top off and your gf getting her titties out etc cause that's not really acceptable. Haha.

I'm 25 and my boyfriend (from the UK like me) is 32 and we always go out clubbing. The best thing to do is keep your eyes peeled for events. Facebook events is a good way to do that. Check out events on at Q bar, BedSupper Club, RCA and Sonic and the likes... They have drum n bass, dubstep, electro house and funky house stuff happening all the time.

Also another option is check out the couchsurfing website forum. They have people posting events on there all the time and sometimes there are a few good ones which surprisingly are not full of KhaoSan Road backpacking hippies! However Khao San Road is also another option where you will meet many 'wild' westerners also getting wasted and dancing till the sun comes up.

• Like 1

There is tons of wild English people at the full moon party getting all wild and looking for that kind of attention... that's about it... it is really uncool in Thai culture to draw attention to yourself in such a way.. I could see some finding it a bore.. u find the opposite... I couldn't stand the nightlife in Europe... a bunch of kids living on the last of the excess of there culture as it goes down the toilet