Septic Tank Needs Emptying, Mabprachan

113johnn

• 6 months later...

Not too sure about where you are but we contact City Hall on 1337 and they send a wagon. 250 Baht, considerably cheaper than some of the freelance guys.

I just had Mrs Conners call them, and they said they actually send a private company out to do it. The price of 250 baht is per (and here she was a little unclear, but she thought it was) cubic meter, so if your tank holds two m3 you're paying 500, same as most other companies charge.

Not too sure about where you are but we contact City Hall on 1337 and they send a wagon. 250 Baht, considerably cheaper than some of the freelance guys.

I just had Mrs Conners call them, and they said they actually send a private company out to do it. The price of 250 baht is per (and here she was a little unclear, but she thought it was) cubic meter, so if your tank holds two m3 you're paying 500, same as most other companies charge.

I am not sure about the Darkside but certainly on this side there are quite a few "Sharks" charging in excess on 1000 baht which is why I said use city hall.

• Like 1

Hi John

We had ours emptied a month ago. They were very clean and tidy and made no mess at all, very professional which is a pleasant change Baht 500 to empty the tank.

They do not speak English Tel: 081-8656094, 081-9483910

How will I know when our septic tank needs emptying? When it back-flows I suppose.

Our toilets just stop emptying

Actually it's a good question. Septic tanks are designed to more or less take care of themselves. When the toilets stop emptying is in my experince usually a problem with the plumbing from the toilet to the tank, not the tank itself. Before calling the suckers it's probably worth using a plunger to see if it's just a blockage somewhere.

I know someone who will do it so cheap!

Where exactly do you live nr Mabprachan and when do you need it done by?

Some one doing it on the cheap worries me...

Where will they empty it?

I doubt the amount you pay has any bearing where they will empty it in Thailand.

• Like 1