Best Ideas For A Dinner Date In Bangkok?

PaulKemp

Hey there ladies!

I need your help! My lady and I are getting a bit lazy and have not been going out much for a (very) long time. I don't spend much time downtown, or anywhere inside the city for that matter, so I have been losing touch with what is going on in the city - which is where you come in!

I would really appreciate if someone could give me a few suggestions on where to go for a great dinner date in bangkok. We are both farang, so would not mind going out to an expensive place, given that the food and atmosphere are great (in that order...).

Thanks for your help!

... or maybe some Cocktails at the 'Long Table'.

Near the junction of Asoke and Sukhumvit Rd's

Romantic, great atmosphere, not crazy prices.

EDIT ... they also do food ... but I've never tried it there.

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

Antonio's on Soi 31, just off the Sukhumvhit, is pretty perfect for date night. The food is incredible, the restaurant itself (its a converted home) is pristine/modern yet cozy, and the owner/chef is an excellent host who will gladly guide you through the menu if need be. Its good and its nice, but it isn't pretentious in the slightest - its just very good, comforting, authentic Italian fare.

I recommend reservations, though: +66 (0)2 662-1001

• 2 weeks later...

... or maybe some Cocktails at the 'Long Table'.

Near the junction of Asoke and Sukhumvit Rd's

Romantic, great atmosphere, not crazy prices.

EDIT ... they also do food ... but I've never tried it there.

I did not think that the food was that great, but as you say, the atmosphere is great and that made up for it.

• 3 weeks later...

We are both farang, so would not mind going out to an expensive place.....

Hope i am not quoting you out of context...Anyway, you can try the french restaurant (forget the name) on the top floor of Dusit Thani Silom. Nice place, good food, excellent service and very exoensive. Went there recently, almost all of the guests were affluent thais. Too expensive for me.

DiVino on Thong Lor is a great italian restaurant, fantastic food, lively atmosphere, one of my favorites. Its located opposite J Avenue, next to HOBS (House of Beers). O

Scarlett restaurant, located on the top floor of the Pullman hotel on Silom, bit pricy, but great food and a fantastic selection of wine.

River Boat Cruise, okay not so romantic as many others onboard, but a nice evening, but make sure you get the good quiet boat and not the loud on.

Grand Pearl is the good one.

Except that the food is f'ing awful.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...