Does anyone know what a truckload of dirt costs these days.

Last time I bought it was circa 4 to 5 years ago and recall about 700baht, but different area.

We are being quoted 1700b for a 10 wheel truck currently.

At first I was thinking the obvious and dismissed their prices. But today, a quote over the phone to the missus was the same at 1700b for ordinary fill dirt and 2000b for good topsoil.

We need good topsoil for garden and vegetables.

To add weight to the price possibly being correct, we got a price for their Makro at 1500b an hour and this was the same price we paid a few years ago in another area.

2k a truckload seems a tad expensive.

I just bought some dirt fill (not top soil) in up country Ubon, I was quoted for a 10wheeler (siplo truck) = about 5 cubic was 1,300 baht

the pricing was strange, for a smaller truck i.e. Isuzu elf, Hino ranger; the dirt about 2-3 cubic cost 300 baht a load so we ordered

dirt from the smaller trucker.

Just to get some additional info about the dirt pricing, my wife called a dirt trader we used to order 100 truck loads about a 1.1/2 year

ago and he mentioned that the going price (net) was about 270 baht per small truck load, unfortunately, this trader was in a different

province so we couldn't buy from him this time.

• Like 1

I'm not sure the extra "top soil" price is worth it. We just got "regular fill" which was a clay type of mud and it's amazing how fast plants grow on it. ie 3 meter papaya trees in less than a year. We left it for a year before building, and it was totally overgrown, took a heck of an effort to clear it all. I'm no gardener, but that seems fine to me?

I'm not sure the extra "top soil" price is worth it. We just got "regular fill" which was a clay type of mud and it's amazing how fast plants grow on it. ie 3 meter papaya trees in less than a year. We left it for a year before building, and it was totally overgrown, took a heck of an effort to clear it all. I'm no gardener, but that seems fine to me?

Put a stick in the ground here and it will grow. If you want to grow veges get soil from around a charcoal maker. Then you can grow almost anything. Jim