What Is The Best Wifi In Thailand?

teacher17

At the moment I am using true H 3G and it works ok. I have the montly 899 baht plan (or something like that...can't remember). In the beginning, it worked very well...VERY fast and then the last 2 days slowed down tremendously. I called them and it has something to do with the promotion...I didn't really understand. Anyway...I guess there's nothing I can do to make it faster....already paid for the plan.

Someone told me I should use TOT wifi. Is that any good? I want wifi that is fast enough to download English movies since I don't have TV here (I live in a rural area btw). I also tried AIS before and they said it was good and it was USELESS. Thanks!

i believe you are confused wifi is unlimited in time and data however 3G is unlimited in time but limited to 2 gb of data then speed is capped at 128k.

That all depends on the provider and the package you choose. Nowadays there are even 7GB + packages available and if you go over that you are reduced to EDGE (which is around 384 Kbps) (Again all dependent on the provider you choose)

This topic would be good place to look:

Maybe the OP has used up his bandwidth (check with provider) and is set back to the lower (EDGE instead of 3G) speed.

Ok, thanks. Sorry, I'm not very good with technology...as you probably realized haha! So...I guess what is the best land line to get then? How much to install plus per month? It is quite possible I did go over my bandwidth...I stopped paying for UBC TV since it's expensive (I am on a teacher's salary..)...but maybe it'd be worth it to get it again instead of having internet.

ADSL prices starts from 599 baht + 7% VAT. Installation is usually free. 3BB expects you sign a year contract as far as I know.

Just ask what options you have where you live. True Ultra (Cable internet) is best bang for the buck. Alternatively you can get True ADSL, TOT ADSL for this price level.

Hi.

Sorry to jump into this thread with a question, but your topic is somewhat related.

I am in the process of buying a new laptop (Sony Vario S 15” I7)within the next couple of days to be used for my trip to Pattaya.

In the past when I needed internet service in Pattaya, I would just walk over to 1 of many internet café.

This year I will be spending about 8 months in Thailand primarily in Pattaya.

The hotel I will be residing in has free WIFI available.

I will be using my new notebook for web surfing, email, reading/writing on social networks, viewing some live streams, and listening to music videos from Youtube.

On occasion, I would like to download a full-length movie to watch whether it be a torrent file or from another source.

A member stated to the Op, WIFI does not have enough bandwidth to download movies.

Are there any ISP packages or plans available on a short term basis in Thailand that would provide me with enough bandwidth to download movies?

A friend in Pattaya, mentioned I could purchase an Aircard as a backup, but not sure if this would solve my problem.

Since I will be a temporary resident in a hotel, installing a landline is not possible.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

TC.

Unless a person is a temporary resident or a tourist, 3G is basically useless as a primary IT provider. If you live in the Kingdom, then a direct line to your home is the proper solution.

yer well mot were we live in Isaan ,phone and Internet here dead for the last 4 days again ,same again a week or so ago .

Without 3G I would not be sending this .

Tot are shit and never works here .ps 40 ks east of KK.