Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Liquor Ban Proposal On Hold In Phuket

webfact

This ruling is as contentious as a recent Pattaya thread in which the local council said they owned or had responsibility for the pavements.

Now we have ownership and police compliance maybe we can sue someone for pavement accidents, you know the ones, when you fall in a hole or get run over avoiding street vendors or get stabbed in the head by a street vendors awning.

Actually I never drink at VW bars, noodle stalls etc etc so I am happy if they disappear, unfortunately their absence will leave a vacuum to be filled by something worse ( freelance ladyboy hookers for example)

Dreams of flying pigs ( woops, no reference to our honorable incorruptible police)

Muratremix, it is not me who is wrong, it is Frozen. I agree with you, all the way, every single word you say. Buddhists don't go into other countries and blow people up, nor do they refuse to integrate into their societies. Muslims are the --------- of this earth.

• Like 1

"So this regulation comes under that same law, and we will enforce it strictly,” Dr Saman said.

"has been delayed while details are sorted and because the cabinet committee is so busy, he said."

"Really, really -- we WILL enforce it STRICTLY when we are NOT BUSY."

Edited by theajarn

If they really want to go this route, just follow the example of Muslim countries and only allow liquor sales in hotels. Problem solved.

Problem is, this is not a Muslim country. I don't care if 30 percent of Phuket is muslim. They have more mosques (Temples that are visited 5 times a day) than all other Temples combined (Buddhist, Chinese etc) despite the fact that they are only 30% minority.

Why we always have to change our way of life for their beliefs? Do you know that no matter how good person you are, if you are non-muslim, they will believe you are going to hell -- which makes you a bad friend, worthless piece of ##### --

Its funny, yesterday a muslim couple came to talk my mother in law. First, they talk real nice. After learning that she is not from south of Thailand, hence not a muslim, they flee away real quick! What a bummer!

What a great world this would be if somehow we could force the Muslims out of non Muslim countries, and back to their own countries, and their offspring as well.

And please follow this by non-Buddhist being forced out of Buddhist countries, and so on...

...unbelievable...

You are the one who is unbelievable.

Muratremix, it is not me who is wrong, it is Frozen. I agree with you, all the way, every single word you say. Buddhists don't go into other countries and blow people up, nor do they refuse to integrate into their societies. Muslims are the --------- of this earth.

Sorry, it must get mixed up while sending reply via mobile phone.

No wonder they want to ban alcohol in Phuket. 30 percent Muslims (I saw 2 year old baby-girl with complete scarf) seems lobbying quite well. Whats next? Complete ban of selling tobacco and alcohol? Oh, I forgot, muslims also smoke too!

Can't remember the name of island, but in one of the islands near Phi Phi, you can't disrecpect the religious views of Muslims hence you can't drink alcohol.

That must be a Very VERY boring place. I mean not getting drunk but just some liqour or beer to enjoy the sights and weather

Problem is, this is not a Muslim country. I don't care if 30 percent of Phuket is muslim. They have more mosques (Temples that are visited 5 times a day) than all other Temples combined (Buddhist, Chinese etc) despite the fact that they are only 30% minority.

Why we always have to change our way of life for their beliefs? Do you know that no matter how good person you are, if you are non-muslim, they will believe you are going to hell -- which makes you a bad friend, worthless piece of ##### --

Its funny, yesterday a muslim couple came to talk my mother in law. First, they talk real nice. After learning that she is not from south of Thailand, hence not a muslim, they flee away real quick! What a bummer!

What a great world this would be if somehow we could force the Muslims out of non Muslim countries, and back to their own countries, and their offspring as well.

And please follow this by non-Buddhist being forced out of Buddhist countries, and so on...

...unbelievable...

You are the one who is unbelievable.

Well, I'm sure that Muslim countries such as Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Yemen, & so on would be happy to kick out the warmongering westerners given half a chance.

This is a racist cum Islamophobic mob who have infected this thread which is nothing to do with Muslims. It's about a Thai Doctor who knows what is best for everyone else (i.e. a petty dictator) & whose ideas would drive tourists away. Maybe that's not such a bad idea as there seems to be too many in some of the resorts. wink.png

Easiest solution, very easy to control and enforce by BIB, not subject to any form of corruption (because everybody will know about the "tea"-money (double pun intended wink.png as I have drunk a lot of alcohol in tea cups, during 'dry' days), clear for everybody, no mis-understandings or confusion and I can go on for a while more.....

Added advantages, as we are talking about a HARD drug with the most addicts in the world (except for smoking), no more new alcohol addicts in Thailand and many more....

Just forbid alcohol completely in Thailand! Every drunk goes to jail! End of Discussion

I know this is never going to happen, because no tax (from alcohol) to government, BIB looses out big, few tourists will come to Thailand (the country where drinking is illegal) and most expats will leave Thailand and Thai Visa goes broke whistling.gif , but just think about it for a second....... A lot less traffic accidents, less stupid fights and killings, more relaxed people all over Thailand, hospitals have an easier time, BIB can concentrate on more important things (don't know though whistling.gif ) and more and more good things!

It is just a thought....tongue.pngtongue.pngtongue.png

Easiest solution, very easy to control and enforce by BIB, not subject to any form of corruption (because everybody will know about the "tea"-money (double pun intended wink.png as I have drunk a lot of alcohol in tea cups, during 'dry' days), clear for everybody, no mis-understandings or confusion and I can go on for a while more.....

Added advantages, as we are talking about a HARD drug with the most addicts in the world (except for smoking), no more new alcohol addicts in Thailand and many more....

Just forbid alcohol completely in Thailand! Every drunk goes to jail! End of Discussion

I know this is never going to happen, because no tax (from alcohol) to government, BIB looses out big, few tourists will come to Thailand (the country where drinking is illegal) and most expats will leave Thailand and Thai Visa goes broke whistling.gif , but just think about it for a second....... A lot less traffic accidents, less stupid fights and killings, more relaxed people all over Thailand, hospitals have an easier time, BIB can concentrate on more important things (don't know though whistling.gif ) and more and more good things!

It is just a thought....tongue.pngtongue.pngtongue.png

The US tried that in the 20's & look what happened. I realise that you're joking but banning alcohol would only make it more attractive & it's not that difficult to make. Speaking as an ex- brewer, fermenter & distiller.

If they really want to go this route, just follow the example of Muslim countries and only allow liquor sales in hotels. Problem solved.

Yeah. Perhaps there could be some sort of forced repatriation and mass transport on trains to Muslim ghettoes.

Can you see what it is that you're suggesting here? Do you need to have this pointed out to you? I want you to confirm that you entirely understand the implications of what you're saying, and that you're not just making lazy attempts at seeking attention.

I would be delighted to live in a country where no religion is respected, but forced repatriation on the grounds of religion is actual historical fascism.

Edited by RogueLeader