Was Surprised - 90 Days Stamp At Imm.office

Was surprised.

Here in Nakhon si Thammarat doing Immigration little as they want, according to information from friends. Most bad rules.

But, I who have the Non-O multi-display got 3 months here in the office?? Without travelling to the border.

I was hospitalized acute when I would have stamped my 90 days. The doctor wrote a certificate of stay hospital and sickness and at home one month thereafter.

Two Thai friends and my wife more or less dragged me into the office and sat me down in an armchair. They discussed everything at the desk, I were incapable to hear or catch something. I have had a black out and suffered the consequences.

A week later I was completely healthy and remembered little, the doctors writing a certificate but not anything from immigration. Asked horrified my wife about what happened. They stamped three months, she said.

I checked and sure enough, 90 days in stamp from the date when I was released from the hospital.

Now I wonder: Is it possible now to have this stamp at immigration, 90 days, or was it just a one-off?

It was an emergency medical extension of stay for 90 days - it has nothing to do with your visa - just extending your previous stay for that period of time to allow you to recover. You can not obtain 90 day stamps from immigration on a multi entry visa. But you can extend for 60 days if you have a Thai spouse so if you ever need that it is available.