Kl Thai Embassy Visa Run With Family. Suggestions Please.

Shot

Can't remember the hotel across from KL tower (easy google search on agoda) but an easy walk to bukit bintang ( the tourist and shopping area) and a perfect view of the Pretronas towers. 15 minute walk to everything, very nice pool up on the top floor staring at the towers. Maybe 3K Thai baht per night.

Go to Penang direct with Firefly Airlines. Cheap and Penang is better that KL for a stay.

PS. They have a Thai embassy there. Go to an agent. Cheap and efficient. See Jimmy in Chulia street.

I agree. Could also go over to Langkawi for a day or two.

How could you compare KUL with Penang? Why someone need an agent to get a visa i will never understand.....

Why someone need an agent to get a visa i will never understand.....

Because it's so cheap and you don't have to wake up early, go to the embassy and queue. Then go again for collection.

For the grand sum of 35 ringgit I wouldn't dream of getting my own visa and wasting a morning.

• Like 1

We have been to Penang, so we picked KL for this trip. Although, I do like the agent idea. That beats the hell out of running around myself. I'll have a look at Lanfkawi. Is there something wrong with KL....I mean...is it a pit or something?

Thanks for the input so far.

We have been to Penang, so we picked KL for this trip. Although, I do like the agent idea. That beats the hell out of running around myself. I'll have a look at Lanfkawi. Is there something wrong with KL....I mean...is it a pit or something?

How are you going to go and have a look at Langkawi if your passport has been lodged at the Thai Embassy in KL?

How will you board the plane?

A relaxing couple of days on Langkawi was something I suggested, only if you lodged your passport at the Thai Embassy in Penang. You could have got the boat over from Penang. See below link.

http://www.langkawi-ferry.com/Home/Home.aspx

Definately use the agent. I haven't done a visa run to the KL Thai Embassy before, but as KL is Airasia's hub, and the city is well connected by bus trom the airport, I could imaging it being like most other Thai Embassies in the region and nothing more than a "visa factory."

How are you going to go and have a look at Langkawi if your passport has been lodged at the Thai Embassy in KL?

A relaxing couple of days on Langkawi was something I suggested, only if you lodged your passport at the Thai Embassy in Penang. You could have got the boat over from Penang. See below link.

http://www.langkawi-ferry.com/Home/Home.aspx

Definately use the agent. I haven't done a visa run to the KL Thai Embassy before, but as KL is Airasia's hub, and the city is well connected by bus trom the airport, I could imaging it being like most other Thai Embassies in the region and nothing more than a "visa factory."

I plan ahead. Passport/visa not connected anywhere at this time. Looking at late march or early May. Thanks for the link.

http://www.langkawi-.../Home/Home.aspx

I plan ahead. Passport/visa not connected anywhere at this time. Looking at late march or early May. Thanks for the link.

What do you mean by, "passport/visa not connected anywhere this time?"

I've done my fair share of visa runs over the years and I have no idea what you are talking about.

http://www.langkawi-.../Home/Home.aspx

What do you mean by, "passport/visa not connected anywhere this time?"

I've done my fair share of visa runs over the years and I have no idea what you are talking about.

I can go to anywhere I want prior to turning my passport over to Embassy.

Why someone need an agent to get a visa i will never understand.....

Because it's so cheap and you don't have to wake up early, go to the embassy and queue. Then go again for collection.

For the grand sum of 35 ringgit I wouldn't dream of getting my own visa and wasting a morning.

Good point.

I like wake up early so it is easy for me. Do some sports have breakfast buffet and go to the embassy. In the last years in KUL i dont need more then 10-15 min go inside embassy give my papers and exit. Pick up the next day 1 min. So easy going in KUL. I have no experience with Penang so now i know there the agent way is the way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the information. After a considerable amount of thinking too much, we have decided on Singapore.

Hotel suggestions please. I would like lots of food and shopping options within walking distance of the hotel. 4-5k Baht/night.

Anyone used a good agent in Singapore?

Thanks

Shot

In Singapore, you have to get the visa in person. There are no agents.

You will also need to show an onward ticket leaving Thailand.

OK, no problem about the agent. This will be a one year ED visa? Still need onward ticket?

In Singapore, you have to get the visa in person. There are no agents.

You will also need to show an onward ticket leaving Thailand.

OK, no problem about the agent. This will be a one year ED visa? Still need onward ticket?

The staff at the Singapore embassy seem to make any excuse to deny you a visa.

Not sure how they will react to a request for an ED visa.

Let us know how you get on.

Personally, Singapore would have been my last choice to do any business at all at a Thai embassy. They really aren't nice there at all.

• Like 1

Royal Plaza on Scotts. Perfect location and better then Marriott Hotel.

You should not be surprised if they only give you 3 month.

That is correct. I have to apply every 90 days for an extension in Phuket. Or, are you saying something else?

I'll look at Royal Plaza. Thanks

Edited by Shot

• 2 months later...

Royal Plaza on Scotts. Perfect location and better then Marriott Hotel.

You should not be surprised if they only give you 3 month.

That is correct. I have to apply every 90 days for an extension in Phuket. Or, are you saying something else?

I'll look at Royal Plaza. Thanks

Any updates on this topic?

I have heard in KUL actually they start to refuse multiple entry non 'o' visa. Can anyone here confirm this?

Go to Penang direct with Firefly Airlines. Cheap and Penang is better that KL for a stay.

PS. They have a Thai embassy there. Go to an agent. Cheap and efficient. See Jimmy in Chulia street.

not an emabssy but a consolute.

but i agree Penang is easier an u don't need bother doing the visa urself, Plenty of agents along Chula street an most hotels will do the visa for u. I was down there a few weeks ago for my gf's non immigrant, stayed at the Minigood hotel ( 100 MYR /night) an they did the visa for her. Took the bus to Key lok see temple and the peak,

Penang is cheaper, more friendly, more to do and see and more enjoyable.

Singapore is expensive,

no agents,'

make sure in advance you have all the correct paperwork, ed visa will get you a single non immigrant entry and you will need to extend at immigration in Phuket

look for hotels in little India area or China town but still with a family expect to spend at least $75 or more/night

IF you have the $$$ stay on Sentosa at the ShangraLa Rasta Resort, it will cost ya a couple of hundred $$ but the kids will love it My daughter always did

Edited by phuketrichard