I Will Move From Samui To Prasat, Surin Soon - Do You Need Some Coffee Or Else?

thaicook

Hello,

I would like to introduce myself briefly. I am Dominic, German, 38 years old, life and work since 8 years at Koh Samui. I am a dive instructor and quite passionate about scuba diving and free diving.

A few years ago when the financial crisis hit the news I started thinking where this will go in the future. As the problems are just covered instead of being solved it seems to me it will hit harder the next time. So I started thinking what one could do to provide for the future. This is when I first had the idea about farming. My wife, from Prasat, Surin was quite excited about that. She is working in real estate at Koh Samui since 10 years. So we decided to move from Koh Samui to Prasat and start a farm. In my life before Samui I was a banker and after that studied psychology. Means I have no experience about farming. I love where life leads me just be going it. I am very looking forward to plant something and see it grow.

I like this forum a lot as the members are so polite and very helpful. When I read through many of the threads I felt like out there are quite a few guys who think and feel like me. Some of you I feel like I know you already. I also like that here is no colonial racism you find so much amongst westerners in Thailand.

Well I hope to meet some of you guys in the future. For sure I will have thousands of questions. But for now I would like to ask if anyone of in Surin area would like to order something from Samui. We have good coffee here: 500g Douwe Egberts for 130 Baht and quite a few different kinds of coffee from Boncafe (espresso, dark mocha...). We also have a lot of other stuff here. If you need something you cant get in Surin but miss it, let me know I will bring it. We will move in about 1 week. So dont think or hesitate to long :o)

Maybe you could help me with one thing already. Is it possible to get decent internet in Prasat and where do I have to go to get it?

Thank you very much

If you would like to have a look at the under water world of Koh Tao check out my youtube channel. There are quite a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/OceansVideo/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Enjoy

Dominic

• Like 1

Hi Dominic – welcome to Farming in Thailand. That’s a nice gesture re. coffee. I’m too far to take you up on your offer or to advise on Internet in Surin but I wish you luck in your transition.

Rgds

Khonwan