Does All The Rimping Markets Have About The Same Amount Of Variety?

CecilEugene

I was wondering if i should go to different Rimpings in hopes of finding a more variety of imported goods. I usually go to Mee Chok plaza's Rimping. I find it a little small and the selections of cleaning supplies limited. I am particularly looking for IMPORTED (if i can find it) no scented hypoallergenic laundry detergent. I have found some locally made no scented stuff at Bann Suan Pak that still gives me the hee-bee jee-bees. Rimping Mee Chok also has local no scented stuff that I don't like. (makes me itch.) I was wondering if the other Rimpings are bigger and perhaps has more variety.

The individual store managers have discretion and can obtain items not stocked at the other stores. They'll also get something from another store brought to their store for you.

As much as I love Rim Ping, I've got to admit, though, that Tops has a better selection of cleaning supplies. Don't know about hypoalleric laundry detergent. Maybe there's something in the baby care section for laundering baby clothes.

Edited by NancyL

The individual store managers have discretion and can obtain items not stocked at the other stores. They'll also get something from another store brought to their store for you.

As much as I love Rim Ping, I've got to admit, though, that Tops has a better selection of cleaning supplies. Don't know about hypoalleric laundry detergent. Maybe there's something in the baby care section for laundering baby clothes.

I will check out Tops and in baby care. I have tried some baby detergent from big C. Amazingly I also have the itch with that. . In the States I just used All clear. No problems. I had no idea how sensitive to laundry detergent I am. Frustrating.

I will check out Tops and in baby care. I have tried some baby detergent from big C. Amazingly I also have the itch with that. . In the States I just used All clear. No problems. I had no idea how sensitive to laundry detergent I am. Frustrating.

Did you take a look at the Aden shop Nimmanhemin, already? Many natural detergents.

About Rimping, Nim city has the best bread and better meat department.

Edited by Joop50

Incidentally--to answer your question--I don't believe that ALL Rimping stores have the 'same variety'--just take a drive out towards Hang Dong, to Kad Farang, to see how poorly a Rimping store can, actually, be stocked.

There is a 'rumour' that this, low-end, Rimping is about to get a face-lift--we can't wait.{ It would be hard for it to have less 'variety' afterwards--Oh, No, am I gonna regret saying that???]

Now I know why my wife spends so much time in the cleaning supplies. Reminds me of my brother in a brand new gigantic hardware store testing tools to make sure they work as advertised and if they are the same as what he has.

Amway, the American company is in Thailand and there is an office on the highway that goes from the Airport Plaza to highway 11. They may have what you are looking for there.

I, too, recommend Amway's SA8 Premium Concentrated Laundry Detergent; it's what I use.

• Super-concentrated formula means less packaging.
  • Cleaning power supported by plants and minerals.
  • Safe for all washable fabrics.
  • Dermatologist- and allergy-tested.
  • No phosphates, chlorine, or other unpleasant ingredients that could harm the environment.
  • Safe and effective in all washers, even HE.
  • Recognized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Design for the Environment program (DfE).

One might consider it a bit pricy at 685 baht for 1 kilogram, but it will provide many washings if used as directed.

Although non-distributors cannot buy directly from the distribution center, if you ask any of the buyers you happen to see there, they should be willing to sell the product to you on the spot.

Here's a map: http://www.wikimapia...01&z=18&l=0&m=b

Edited by MrBrad

Amway, the American company is in Thailand and there is an office on the highway that goes from the Airport Plaza to highway 11. They may have what you are looking for there.

I, too, recommend Amway's SA8 Premium Concentrated Laundry Detergent; it's what I use.

• Super-concentrated formula means less packaging.
  • Cleaning power supported by plants and minerals.
  • Safe for all washable fabrics.
  • Dermatologist- and allergy-tested.
  • No phosphates, chlorine, or other unpleasant ingredients that could harm the environment.
  • Safe and effective in all washers, even HE.
  • Recognized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Design for the Environment program (DfE).

One might consider it a bit pricy at 685 baht for 1 kilogram, but it will provide many washings if used as directed.

Although non-distributors cannot buy directly from the distribution center, if you ask any of the buyers you happen to see there, they should be willing to sell the product to you on the spot.

Here's a map: http://www.wikimapia...01&z=18&l=0&m=b

About 1/2 of all Thais in Thailand sells Amway. The other 1/2 sell Allianz.wink.png

• Like 1

One should think that if all the 3 or 4 rinse cycles were used in a washing machine the soap and it's ingredients would be gone.

Personally I normally shop at RP in Nim Shopping. Their fish is excellent (except I believe all ocean fish is previously frozen and I don't eat "fresh" water fish), the meat selection is fine, although I don't eat much of that. Yesterday asked how old the whole chickens were and was told 2 days. And vegetables and fruit are very fresh and good quality. And as someone else mentioned, the bakery is fine, although I far prefer bread from Kasem Store. The help section is very accommodating and can probably lead you to the best soap as they have for many items I've wanted. For instance I complained a few times about the spinach/cheese pies being too salty, and now they are not. Last week I complained of their not having Tipco refrigerated juices for about a month and was forced to buy them at Tops and while there spent over 2,000Bt and yesterday they were in stock. Haven't purchased wine as I usually go to Wine Connection close by. And their selection of cheese is decent, although expensive as it is in Thailand -- I need to try some Thai cheeses.