Which Isp Should I Choose For Jomtien Area

balo

I have a new condo ready , recently been build in Jomtien , Paradise Park. It will be rented out and I am looking for an Internet provider .

I know that TOT is not reliable so any other suggestions ?

I use 3BB myself in Bangkok , but I dont think they have anything in the Jomtien area.

Edited by balo

Hit 3BB's office at Theprasit Rd ( where the night market is) Paradise was on Chaiapruek or on Wat Boon? Regardless, you have the choice between TOT,3BB,CAT,SOPHON,True and BTV out there

Edited by JakeBKK

Had tot next door in park lane and was fine.

In condos your choices are very often limited by the building so thats the first check.

And you wont get btv over that way. Sophon maybe, not sure, which is the same provider under a different name (for internet, not tv)

Hit 3BB's office at Theprasit Rd ( where the night market is) Paradise was on Chaiapruek or on Wat Boon? Regardless, you have the choice between TOT,3BB,CAT,SOPHON,True and BTV out there

Yes its Soi Watboon .

Thanks I will talk to 3BB , been very satisfied with my 10mb line in BKK and only 627 baht .

But location means everything so need to talk to the neighbours before I decide. .

Sophon cable internet (assuming that it goes to your building) will probably be much more reliable than any ADSL connection especially during bad weather. If your building has a fibre connection then it will be even better.

Sophon and Banglamung Cable both are reselling for CAT. So you don't have direct control over your modem. If you need to open ports for your favourite client, they're a not-so-good choice.

Sophon cable internet (assuming that it goes to your building) will probably be much more reliable than any ADSL connection especially during bad weather. If your building has a fibre connection then it will be even better.

Sophon and Banglamung Cable both are reselling for CAT. So you don't have direct control over your modem. If you need to open ports for your favourite client, they're a not-so-good choice.

I need to open ports for VPN and Skype. So this is bad news if I am not allowed to change the port settings.

Edited by balo

I need to open ports for VPN and Skype. So this is bad news if I am not allowed to change the port settings.

I use Sophon with a VPN and Skype, also works with Torrents

There is no need

I think your information is out of date.

Everything I do works just fine with Sophon, and I do a lot.

You do a lot? Good for you. besides, there is no need to open ports for skype. You may have noticed, that skype does not rely on dns and such things.

Did sophon enable UPnP? that would be in fact news to me.

Edited by JakeBKK