Herpes

h90

since I am in Thailand I get often Herpes. Would say all 2 month, always inside the nose.

Normaly I am 2(3) days tired and than the bubbles come, than after maybe 1 more day I feel well but have the itching bubbles inside the nose (great place).

So any cream does not work, because when the bubbles are here my immuno system is already taking care of it. Interesting would be something which helps me to not get it at all. But beside a diet I don't think there is something, or?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that form of herpes is pretty common. i have never heard of someone getting it in the nose though, i suppose it can happen... anyway there is no cure, you will probably get it a few times a year for the rest of your life. but you can use a cream called zovirax to minimize the symptoms when you get them. also there are tablets called valtrex that help prevent outbreaks, but they are very expensive, even in thailand. beware that technically you can transmit genital herpes to yourself if you have an outbreak and touch your infected mouth/nose and then touch your genitals. also you can transmit it to others so be sure to let them know and abstain from oral sex at the time of an outbreak.

thanks, that are bad news but I thought so.....

I don't care the itching much, but the 2-3 days before I am unable to work. I have a pretty foggy (spelling???) mind and only want to sleep, sometimes every bone/muscle is hurting. Than I get that in the nose and all the other symptomes are gone.

I don't know how to thank :D you for the info about my genitals, never thought about that!! -->Better having it in the nose than somewhere else.....

Oral Sex.... I work that much, that I have no Sex at all :o:D:D

No way to stimulate my immuno system to attack this virus faster??

Boosting the anti-body level or something like that?

thanks

Michael

that form of herpes is pretty common. i have never heard of someone getting it in the nose though, i suppose it can happen... anyway there is no cure, you will probably get it a few times a year for the rest of your life. but you can use a cream called zovirax to minimize the symptoms when you get them. also there are tablets called valtrex that help prevent outbreaks, but they are very expensive, even in thailand. beware that technically you can transmit genital herpes to yourself if you have an outbreak and touch your infected mouth/nose and then touch your genitals. also you can transmit it to others so be sure to let them know and abstain from oral sex at the time of an outbreak.

paper tissues should (hopefully) be steril or very close to it, due to the technical process of making it (there is the old trick you teach children, if you need something steril what can you do? Take a new newspaper/toilette (thailand--> multipurpose)paper, it is steril (not guaranteed but nearly).

Actually it should be a virus not bacteria, which stays all the time inside the body and waits till the immuno system is not that active and than it comes out.....

Try Vaseline up your nose to alleviate any itching during the bubble period.

Could it be the brand of tissues you are using that cause the bacteria to be introduced up into your moist noise?

There is a lot of info about Herpes on Google.

Immuno system is very important.

If you work so hard...try to rest more.

Stress is a real 'killer' to your immuno system and 'it' will be coming back than.

Have a look here (amongst many other sites on Google):

http://www.herpes.com/Treatment.shtml

Good luck....RELAX MORE!

Question: do you take enough Multi-Vitamins, because you should, especially if you work (stress!) so hard.

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Isopropyl alcohol 70% is a dissenfectant. It will kill just about anything. Dip a cotton swab in isopropyl alcohol and stick it up your nose to kill the infectious crud. I'd say it's in the public interest that you keep your skin outbreak dissenfected.

Edited by aughie

Isopropyl alcohol 70% is a dissenfectant. I'd say it would kill just about anything. Dip a cotton swab in isopropyl alcohol and stick it up your nose to kill the infectious crud. It's in the public interest that you keep your skin outbreak dissenfected.

I'm not an expert but doubt if it will 'kill' the virus itself.

LaoPo

it will not "kill" the virus, because a virus is not living at all, it is just a container for DNA or RNA, but it might damage it structure that much that it will not active anymore (I think/hope).

Isopropyl alcohol 70% is a dissenfectant. I'd say it would kill just about anything. Dip a cotton swab in isopropyl alcohol and stick it up your nose to kill the infectious crud. It's in the public interest that you keep your skin outbreak dissenfected.

LaoPo

Rest more is not an option at the momen,,,,

Multi-vitamins: obvious but i did not get this idea myself..... I eat not enough fruits (specialy at the moment), will supply tablets+fruits.....Very obvious, thanks for that hint..... :o I'll try that, at least it will reduce it....

thanks

There is a lot of info about Herpes on Google.

Immuno system is very important.

If you work so hard...try to rest more.

Stress is a real 'killer' to your immuno system and 'it' will be coming back than.

Have a look here (amongst many other sites on Google):

http://www.herpes.com/Treatment.shtml

Good luck....RELAX MORE!

Question: do you take enough Multi-Vitamins, because you should, especially if you work (stress!) so hard.

LaoPo

it will not "kill" the virus, because a virus is not living at all, it is just a container for DNA or RNA, but it might damage it structure that much that it will not active anymore (I think/hope).

LaoPo

:o That's called 'wishful thinking'. Herpes is there to stay...forever. Sorry!

Your personal health and immuno system (keeping it at order) is the only way. Yes it will most likely stay away than. But the herpes will always be there. But...it's not so dramatic as it sounds.

Good sleep, avoid stress (!!!), vitamins, sport, and a kind and sweet partner...helps :D

If anybody can correct me, please do so.

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Use a cotton bud covered in low-grade peroxide and swab frequently to the reachable areas. Of course do not breathe through your nose or stick the cotton bud too far in, but peroxide gets rid of the bubbles in two days. Much better than creams but you do have to be hygenic and careful to ensure that the peroxide and cotton bud doesn't touch anywhere else.

LaoPo

:o That's called 'wishful thinking'. Herpes is there to stay...forever. Sorry!

Your personal health and immuno system (keeping it at order) is the only way. Yes it will most likely stay away than. But the herpes will always be there. But...it's not so dramatic as it sounds.

Good sleep, avoid stress (!!!), vitamins, sport, and a kind and sweet partner...helps :D

If anybody can correct me, please do so.

LaoPo

Perhaps what he is saying is the virus won't be active/contagious during the skin eruption if the alcohol damages its structure.

Edited by aughie

Went to see a dermatologist (samitivej hospital in bangkok) last week for a herpes problem, not in the nose though.

To clean it, a solution of salted water. Avoid alcool, i don't remember why, think it dries it too much.

Then a cream, but won't be easy in your nose.

And most important some antibiotics, so that it won't spread. Used antibiotics during 5 days, the traces are not completely gone yet, but it did not appear at any other place.

Antibiotics are to decrease the power of the virus, it won't kill it completely, it's a life sentence.

As it seems to be a real situation for u, go to see a dermatologist, who will give you the treatment that will be adapted to the place and reasons u get it (antibiotics, maybe vitamins or another booster when you are tired, something instead of the cream, or tell you to rub the cream outside your nose, ...).

Yeti: If it was not a language problem or you have something different than herpes, than the doc told you absolut bullsh***.

The Antibiotics does not do anything to the virus.

fungizide for fungis

antiviral for virus

antibiotica for bacteria

herpes is a virus. There are just 2 effects that the antibiotica may have;

a) if you have a secondar bacteria infection they may help

b*) they may slow down your immuno system and even help the virus

So either you have something different/it was a language problem, or if both is not the case, the dermatologist did not study medicin, he took the doctor-licence from the copy shop, because he got to old for his job in the gay bar......

Go and see a different doc.

beside I found out that alcohol helps, put it on the lip and than swollow (sorry if the english is wrong) it down in hugh amounts, after 30-90 min you will not care to much about the herpes anymore :-)

Went to see a dermatologist (samitivej hospital in bangkok) last week for a herpes problem, not in the nose though.

To clean it, a solution of salted water. Avoid alcool, i don't remember why, think it dries it too much.

Then a cream, but won't be easy in your nose.

And most important some antibiotics, so that it won't spread. Used antibiotics during 5 days, the traces are not completely gone yet, but it did not appear at any other place.

Antibiotics are to decrease the power of the virus, it won't kill it completely, it's a life sentence.

As it seems to be a real situation for u, go to see a dermatologist, who will give you the treatment that will be adapted to the place and reasons u get it (antibiotics, maybe vitamins or another booster when you are tired, something instead of the cream, or tell you to rub the cream outside your nose, ...).

Edited by h90

hi'

herpes is complex but involved the nervous system too, if I were you I would go consult a Chinese doctor to help you out of this :o

the virus can't be eradicate but contain to a minimal action and eruption.

it's manly a question of good balance inside your body that will do the job,

look at your diet too, might be something in there culprit of disturbing your balance and doing so, launch a response, and the weakest part is for now this herpes outgoing ...

it's necessary to look at the root of it, not only look for something that smooth it temporarly.

francois

ps; antibiotic are useless in this case!

and alcohol 60% isn't a bad idea :D

or even some peroxyde water would do ...

i think AIDS medicin does help because it blocks this virus as well, but that an absolut overkill, so thats more theoretical.

Alcohol I would prefer arround 5 % in form of chang/singha/cheers, if the Herpes is on the upper lip it perfectly cools it :-)

funny enough, i got it that often after I stopped smoking, as well I got a lot more allergic. But maybe that has nothing to do with it....

hi'

herpes is complex but involved the nervous system too, if I were you I would go consult a Chinese doctor to help you out of this :o

the virus can't be eradicate but contain to a minimal action and eruption.

it's manly a question of good balance inside your body that will do the job,

look at your diet too, might be something in there culprit of disturbing your balance and doing so, launch a response, and the weakest part is for now this herpes outgoing ...

it's necessary to look at the root of it, not only look for something that smooth it temporarly.

francois

ps; antibiotic are useless in this case!

and alcohol 60% isn't a bad idea :D

or even some peroxyde water would do ...

Acyclovir 4% creme on as soon as it starts itching.

Vilerm is a Thai brand, cost ~100 baht for 10g tube.

If you're hit badly you can supplement with tablets. Same product same brand, but you need to take one tab every 4 hours for 5 days, i.e. a packet of ~250 baht.

These products don't even solve the problem but just elleviate it a little.

I can stay the itches I am pretty hard on that, but the 2 days before I am so tired that I am nearly unable to work :o

It seems there I am extrem sensitiv...

Acyclovir 4% creme on as soon as it starts itching.

Vilerm is a Thai brand, cost ~100 baht for 10g tube.

If you're hit badly you can supplement with tablets. Same product same brand, but you need to take one tab every 4 hours for 5 days, i.e. a packet of ~250 baht.

These products don't even solve the problem but just elleviate it a little.

I read somewhere that only a third of the infected population show visible signs of herpes..The other two thirds with who have can only transmit the virus to other people...

Is this true?

Ive also heard figures like-half the general population actually have herpes...

That sounds a bit much,but Im only going by what i read..

I would try accupunture. I have had amazing results for allergies and arthritis. I don't know why it works, but it does. Or I should say sometimes it works. Sometimes it does no good. Give it a try and see if it helps you.

Yeti: If it was not a language problem or you have something different than herpes, than the doc told you absolut bullsh***.

The Antibiotics does not do anything to the virus.

fungizide for fungis

antiviral for virus

antibiotica for bacteria

herpes is a virus. There are just 2 effects that the antibiotica may have;

a) if you have a secondar bacteria infection they may help

b*) they may slow down your immuno system and even help the virus

So either you have something different/it was a language problem, or if both is not the case, the dermatologist did not study medicin, he took the doctor-licence from the copy shop, because he got to old for his job in the gay bar......

Go and see a different doc.

beside I found out that alcohol helps, put it on the lip and than swollow (sorry if the english is wrong) it down in hugh amounts, after 30-90 min you will not care to much about the herpes anymore :-)

Probably a language problem: I was not the one concerned, and the doctor just summarized for me.

And looking to the prescription won't help, has it's written in Thai.

Anyway the medicine helped, so u can try antivirus :o

I can stay the itches I am pretty hard on that, but the 2 days before I am so tired that I am nearly unable to work :o It seems there I am extrem sensitiv...

It seems to me that there is something more....why don't you have your blood tested in a first class Hospital?....

LaoPo

i;m with lao po, if u are getting outbreak and also tired etc.... the tired etc is causing the outbreak ( i know i have the OTHER kind thanks to my first boyfriend 27 years ago)) so if you are run down or ill from something else, then u will have an outbreak (my youngest gets cold sores which is herpes, every time she is slightly ill, or upset, or in the sun too much), acyclovir works well, anti stress vitamins (b1, b12, b6, etc)... meditation, u should check out if u have an underlying infection (or allergies which also strain the body); flushing your nose with saline solution is best to prevent secondary infection etc...

the amount of people w/non active herpes is very high (i was one of the original statistics in 1980+) and mananged to give regular birth three times (no c section); i wrote the flow chart for pregnant women that israeli doctors now use to decide when to ahve a c section birth ...

men seem to know they have it less often (no internal or sensitive plumbing).... which is probably how my first boyfriend (a bangkok thai guy studing in america by the way... how ironic no?) gave it to me...

i am allergic and I do basically nothing against my allergic. So that might be a reason.

I try now to eat vitamins frequently and maybe that improves the situation, because I think I really don't eat enough....

i;m with lao po, if u are getting outbreak and also tired etc.... the tired etc is causing the outbreak ( i know i have the OTHER kind thanks to my first boyfriend 27 years ago)) so if you are run down or ill from something else, then u will have an outbreak (my youngest gets cold sores which is herpes, every time she is slightly ill, or upset, or in the sun too much), acyclovir works well, anti stress vitamins (b1, b12, b6, etc)... meditation, u should check out if u have an underlying infection (or allergies which also strain the body); flushing your nose with saline solution is best to prevent secondary infection etc...

the amount of people w/non active herpes is very high (i was one of the original statistics in 1980+) and mananged to give regular birth three times (no c section); i wrote the flow chart for pregnant women that israeli doctors now use to decide when to ahve a c section birth ...

men seem to know they have it less often (no internal or sensitive plumbing).... which is probably how my first boyfriend (a bangkok thai guy studing in america by the way... how ironic no?) gave it to me...

GOOD NEWS!!

I never had herpes but an old flatmate of mine had it on the genitals really regularly. The good news is, and I'm sure I've heard this elsewhere, I believe that after a few years it really eases up and is much less regular.

Anyone else confirm?

for me it gets worse with the years, but when I read about the herpes on the genitals I am pretty happy with mine in the nose....

GOOD NEWS!!

I never had herpes but an old flatmate of mine had it on the genitals really regularly. The good news is, and I'm sure I've heard this elsewhere, I believe that after a few years it really eases up and is much less regular.

Anyone else confirm?

read my previous post...

does reappear after going to swimming pool (chemicals in water?), ocean has no affect; menstruation hormone changes also trigger; psychological triggers (stress) so i'm pretty laid back and believe me my life is pretty stress filled right now, but, no outbreak...

and i notice mine, as a female it hurts more htan with men (our plumbing is more sensitive)

no tight jeans (skirts are good)

thai type toiletts (washing w/water, bidet etc) excellent

no deoderant feminine hygiene things, no soap 'down there' (water cleans very well, no scent, etc... or ligenia feminine soap only),

polidine wash (iodine soap) during outbreaks to prevent secondary infection

good healthy living habits (condoms make me itch so colourless, tasteless spermicide ad diaphragm did it for a while ; after three kids, iud)...

pregnant women to advise doctor to decide birthing method (canal or c section ); follow up for baby (all three of mine followed the canal birth w/post birth blood titre checks on my kids... no probs... i could write the book for this ....

be honest with partners ;

any other questions??

Hi, I have herpes to. From the age off 19 & I am 46 now. I do not have eruption any more now (last one was in beginning of 2005 when I got many gob & financial problems…). First what you need to do is to boost your Immune system. For me 2 gr. of vitamin C (1 in the morning & 1 late afternoon) + 1 good multi vitamin helps a lot. Second avoid stress (as much as possible). Third, do some physical activities…