Dog Survives Firecracker Explosion In Its Mouth: Nakhon Pathom

webfact

Dog survives firecracker explosion in its mouth

By Coconuts Bangkok

d.jpg

Snow's lower jaw was destroyed after kids shoved firecrackers in his mouth.

NAKHON PATHOM: -- Snow, a stray dog in Nakhon Pathom, has reportedly moved to a new shelter in Bangkok after suffering a serious wound to his mouth as the result of firecracker explosion.

newsjs

The dog’s injury occurred over New Year’s, when a group of kids forced the explosives onto him. The ensuing explosion blew off his lower jaw and destroyed all his lower teeth, forcing a veterinarian to perform an amputation in order to prevent him from falling victim to acute inflammation.

The cruelty Snow has faced has drawn massive attention from Thai internet commenters, bringing animal abuse once more to the forefront of the Thai national debate.

“I beg you,” a Pantip forum headline read, “please tell your kids not to put firecrackers in dogs’ mouth anymore” [more...]

Full story: http://www.coconutsb...n-in-its-mouth/

-- COCONUTS Bangkok 2013-01-30

footer_n.gif

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, too are sickened by the treatment this dog has received. it is cruelty in it's worst form.

I do not really know how to inquire about my next problem. My wife and I live in a nice little area, only 8 newish houses. Only 5 regularly occupied, the rest are investor properties. We are troubled by barking dogs. one of the 8 houses opposite our's has 5 dogs. Every time a person or another dog passes their property ,which has a large gate ,the dogs rush to the gate and all bark simultaneously. They cause the other two dogs to join in. The last few nights there is a band of soi dogs, maybe six or eight come around just after we have gone to bed. I am not sure if one of the 5 dogs is on use but all the soi dogs go barking madly and the others join in and then a fight is started between the soi dogs. Meanwhile one of the 5 dogs gets exited and beats up one of the other five digs. To cap this one of the houses opposite us ,the Thai lady has got a new boyfriend and he has brought along his three fighting cocks who wake me up at or before dawn. He keeps them in three type of baskets which upside down which are situated between their wall and the road, 25 metres from our house. We have approached the lady who has the 5 dogs with no avail. How do we combat this situation without moving house. I am not a cruel person towards animals but my patience is wearing thin as it has been going on three years now.

All suggestions will be will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

How doesn't that cross the mind of these kids what can be the consequences of those acts, seriously, it's not because it's not human that you have to treat animals that way, it is very upsetting to see that can of stuff, harmless dog that didn't ask for it.

Really sad, and upsetting sad.png

Edited by MaxPag

I, too are sickened by the treatment this dog has received. it is cruelty in it's worst form.

I do not really know how to inquire about my next problem. My wife and I live in a nice little area, only 8 newish houses. Only 5 regularly occupied, the rest are investor properties. We are troubled by barking dogs. one of the 8 houses opposite our's has 5 dogs. Every time a person or another dog passes their property ,which has a large gate ,the dogs rush to the gate and all bark simultaneously. They cause the other two dogs to join in. The last few nights there is a band of soi dogs, maybe six or eight come around just after we have gone to bed. I am not sure if one of the 5 dogs is on use but all the soi dogs go barking madly and the others join in and then a fight is started between the soi dogs. Meanwhile one of the 5 dogs gets exited and beats up one of the other five digs. To cap this one of the houses opposite us ,the Thai lady has got a new boyfriend and he has brought along his three fighting cocks who wake me up at or before dawn. He keeps them in three type of baskets which upside down which are situated between their wall and the road, 25 metres from our house. We have approached the lady who has the 5 dogs with no avail. How do we combat this situation without moving house. I am not a cruel person towards animals but my patience is wearing thin as it has been going on three years now.

Live with it or poisoned meat thrown over the wall at 3am.

Is there never any that think a injection is the best way ???

I not think this dog have a happy life !

Yes i agree, these kids should be given an injection of some sort to try and fix their behavioural issues!!

I think we have our opinions what the 'some sort' should be thumbsup.gif

You are suggesting that someone employ criminal behavior to solve this problem and, aside from the legal issue, poison tossed into someone's garden can easily find its way to an unintended target, including small children.

Edited by Suradit69

The sound will drive you mad, any action will not be tolerated if someone finds out it was you. I would consider moving again.

You are suggesting that someone employ criminal behavior to solve this problem and, aside from the legal issue, poison tossed into someone's garden can easily find its way to an unintended target, including small children.

Just provided suggestions, not condoning any of them. Just throwing them out there... (suggestions, not poisoned meat).

where's the Activist when you want them? have them parade around the houses where the kids live.

what Thailand needs is dog control to prevent things like this as well as the dog trade.

I think you are addressing the activists right here on this forum.

You have activists who have posted their creed. They think these kids should be given an injection of some sort, or they express a desire to inject a firecracker but not in their mouths, and who think these kids are sick, mentally crippled bastards who need a lot of mental help, but instead, they personally think it woud be better just to shoot them sick bastards. One of these fanatic activists wouldn't mind putting some fire crackers up their ass.

They are describing their desires to harm children of the human race, who were born into ignorance and poverty, and have no guidance, all on account of a dog.

Cruel, yes, but that is the collateral damage you pay for poor ignorant children being born into a ferel environment which compells the child organizations to plead their cause. It is as if you all are expecting poor ignorant children to be perfect and not harm things in their environment. They acted as typical little scavengers will act when they have no guidance.

This is the collateral damage which comes from poverty. These children are not perfect, and these things will happen. This was an opportunity to feel bad about the disgraceful state of child welfare or to sympathize for a poor creature but without placing its value above that of a human, rather than morally debased retribution against them.

Ghandi is not God. How nations treat their animals is not the issue in this case, but rather how nations do not treat their animals, and instead allow them to exist in an ungoverned state. Consequently, this is the collateral damage, but in no uncertain terms do you condemn children to the heinous deeds mentioned above.

It seems odd that it is acceptable to place the life of a mother over the life of an unborn baby, and abort the baby (as I also agree with), yet we humans contradict this ideology when we say it is acceptable to put the life of a dog over the life of a child and murder or abuse the child (as I emphatically disagree with).

Edited by cup-O-coffee
  • Like 1