Taxi From Hotel To Airport In Bangkok

AzarovDmitriy

Dear friends,

I am in Novotel Hotel (Silom) in Bangkok now.

We are going to fly to my home country tomorrow.

Please, could someone help me with an advice?

What is the best way to take a taxi from hotel to airport?

Thank in advance.

With best regards

Dmitrii.

In truth the answer is to walk out to the road and hail a taxi rather than allow the concierge to book one. However if you can afford to stay in the Novotel then the advice above of using the hotel's service is probably best. They'll ask your flight time and then factor in everything for you.

• Like 1

walk outside of hotel wait for taxi (free taxis have lit up green light in corner windscreen (wang) ) you wont wai long, before getting in say *suvarnibum, ME-TAHH!" if he nods get in. make sure he puts it on.

May be more charges if use toll way etc.

walk outside of hotel wait for taxi (free taxis have lit up green light in corner windscreen (wang) ) you wont wai long, before getting in say *suvarnibum, ME-TAHH!" if he nods get in. make sure he puts it on.

The light in the corner of a free taxi is red!!!!!

I find the best way is to just get in the Taxi and sit down, standing inside a taxi can be complex especially if it doesn't have a sunroof. That's of course unless your only 2ft tall. Are you over 2 ft tall? If so please be seated. When the driver says "Where you go?" and listen carefully now... that is known as a question the nice driver will be expecting an answer. Your two choices yes two; are "Don Muang" pronounced "Don-Moo-Ang" or "Suvarnabhumi" pronounced "Swam-pee".

By now the fear ought to have subsided and you'll be on your way. How you'll manage to check in god only knows, but perhaps that's a question for another thread. I wouldn't want to go off topic that just isn't on.

You may wish to utter the words moto way. Otherwise he might manages to circumnavigate the most direct route.

Seriously, what does the OP mean with best, cheapest - use a meter taxi, most pleasant - ask the concierge for a limo service.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Posts have been removed. No need to hack on the OP just because he is asking a basic question that the answer to you seems obvious. Not everybody's travel experience is the same.

Thanks.

Something doesn't sound right. Just leaving and never taken a taxi before,here or at home.

No need to walk outside, ask the concierge, relax, have a seat, he will call a taxi for you, tell the driver your destination and make sure the meter is used, put your lugagge in the trunk and close the door, ,give him 20 baht. I do it all the time leaving hotels.

Ask at the Concierge.

Good advice.

Which Airport do you fly out of?

Get a meter taxi.

Expect to pay Tolls.

Come back to us with more information.

Either airport from there is no more then 300 Baht by Taxi

If anyone is interested, this web site will calculate taxi fares across a wide area of Bangkok. Not sure how accurate it is for downtown trips but for Minburi area and to/from city center it seems to be pretty close.

http://www.taxiautofare.com/