True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

Just had a message from one of the CTH commentators that we should still get PLTV in the next month or so. I've asked him to elaborate on how he knows this. I'm beginning to lose energy for this fight.

You've gone way beyond the call of duty. Relax, have a pint, and let's have fun with the mannequin. biggrin.png Honestly, some marketing genius should get that guy in movies or in a situation comedy. He'd never have to break character.

The Thai pundit who stands in the middle of the 2 young guys with the tablets is called Rangsiwut Chalopatum. According to my wife he used to play in the Thai Premier League. These guys must have a decent working knowledge of English. I'm sure they could through in a few English comments.

My wife is also annoyed by the absence of the EPL pundits.She translates what the Thai guys discuss into English for me. She is trying to find a facebook address for these guys.

On facebook many Thais complain about the 3 guys.

Is it really that important to you what the 3 wise men are saying?

Football analysis by three Thai men translated into English by a 3rd party Thai lady.......I bet there's some real interesting stuff there.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest from CTH:

We have not broadcasted Stadium 7 yet because when we add a channel in our platform, some of our set-top-box has not been updated the channel added because of software in its. All customer has to update the newest version of software by upgrading OTA of the set-top-box. Therefore, we would like to wait until all our customer upgrade the software, which we hope would be by mid of Nov. Then, once all customer update the software, we will broadcast Stadium 7, which would be Mid of Nov as well. And all customer will have Stadium 7 in our platform and won't have any annoying of channel loss.

Lastly, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. We're trying to serve you the best service to make you happy and joyful.

Makes sense to me. I had to update some software in my GMM box, as they changed the vertical frequency polarisation for some Thai channels. Looks like we'll get it soon.

Many of us cried out for competition to True, well we got and..what a mess !

Come back Truevision (with EPL as before), all is forgiven.

Mate i am glad to see the back of True, 2000 for platinum and charging extra for HD when HD should have been free, what a rip off they were, and not giving me and many others our 2000 baht deposits back, they can go and fkkk themselves.

For me CTH give me my live premier league for a fair price with no extra for HD yes they are a new company and for a year or two there will be problems, but i am sure they will upgrade and add newthings as time goes on.

• Like 1

Latest from CTH:

We have not broadcasted Stadium 7 yet because when we add a channel in our platform, some of our set-top-box has not been updated the channel added because of software in its. All customer has to update the newest version of software by upgrading OTA of the set-top-box. Therefore, we would like to wait until all our customer upgrade the software, which we hope would be by mid of Nov. Then, once all customer update the software, we will broadcast Stadium 7, which would be Mid of Nov as well. And all customer will have Stadium 7 in our platform and won't have any annoying of channel loss.

Lastly, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. We're trying to serve you the best service to make you happy and joyful.

Makes sense to me. I had to update some software in my GMM box, as they changed the vertical frequency polarisation for some Thai channels. Looks like we'll get it soon.

Sounds fairly encouraging that, Blue.

Have 365 announced if they are showing The Ashes, at all?

Many of us cried out for competition to True, well we got and..what a mess !

Come back Truevision (with EPL as before), all is forgiven.

Mate i am glad to see the back of True, 2000 for platinum and charging extra for HD when HD should have been free, what a rip off they were, and not giving me and many others our 2000 baht deposits back, they can go and fkkk themselves.

For me CTH give me my live premier league for a fair price with no extra for HD yes they are a new company and for a year or two there will be problems, but i am sure they will upgrade and add newthings as time goes on.

Yes. They also owe me 2,000 baht.

A really shoddy outfit.

CTH a vast improvement. There is little doubt about that.

• Like 1

I think I must be one of the exceptions that got more than their deposit back when I cancelled with True.

I originally paid a deposit of 500 baht when I had the IBC (pre-satellite) antennae installed in 1994, and expected a refund of 500 baht when I cancelled in July. When, in the True shop to top up my mobile in September, I asked why I had not received the refund. I was told to bring the original papers that I got when I had IBC installed. I returned the following week with the requested papers, and was told the cheque would be sent.

2 days later I received a cheque for 2,000 baht.

Latest from CTH:

facepalm.gif

Latest from CTH:

facepalm.gif

I've noticed you have an irritating habit of highlighting a certain part of a post. It makes you appear snidey. Just saying.

Latest from CTH:

facepalm.gif

I've noticed you have an irritating habit of highlighting a certain part of a post. It makes you appear snidey. Just saying.

Generally people highlight something as that is the part of the post they are responding too,i don't see why it would be irritating facepalm.gif

Why would it make me appear snidey ?

Edited by alfieconn

I just had CTH installed on Friday and am so far quite pleased with the EPL coverage. I am somewhat confused with the amount of HD channels that are included in the package though. On the CTH website they claim there are 31 channels however I seem to have only 18 and channel Gadget is not a channel I seem to have. I called the call center and was told that this was a problem that all CTH users were having and they were currently trying to fix it. Was just wondering if this is in fact the case as I find it strange how they continue to post football games on their facebook page with Gadget being one of the channels games are being shown on. I would be grateful for any feedback on this. Thanks to everyone that has posted on this thread it isa very informative thread

I just had CTH installed on Friday and am so far quite pleased with the EPL coverage. I am somewhat confused with the amount of HD channels that are included in the package though. On the CTH website they claim there are 31 channels however I seem to have only 18 and channel Gadget is not a channel I seem to have. I called the call center and was told that this was a problem that all CTH users were having and they were currently trying to fix it. Was just wondering if this is in fact the case as I find it strange how they continue to post football games on their facebook page with Gadget being one of the channels games are being shown on. I would be grateful for any feedback on this. Thanks to everyone that has posted on this thread it isa very informative thread

You will lose the satellite signal at some stage (i've lost mine 4 times in three months) so it would be a very good idea to speak to the local service provider to show you how to reprogram the top box. And change the language for that matter.

Gadget is Channel No.79. Last night they showed the West Brom v Palace on it. You should have been given a sheet of paper by the installer, with all the channels listed.

Gadget is Channel No.79. Last night they showed the West Brom v Palace on it. You should have been given a sheet of paper by the installer, with all the channels listed.

Now where did I put that sheet of paper whistling.gif

I'm in the boat as you Crill. I've only been able to get a handful of channels lately. I can't get Sky News for example....or Fox Sports or a whole host of channels that I could get before. I've done a search for them but I still end up with the same few channels.

Pressing the 'OK' button on the remote brings up the equivalent of that sheet of paper does it not? A scrollable list of channels with the advantage that pressing the OK button again brings the channel up on screen.

That said - can't see why CTH cannot produce a printable list of channels on the English language version of their website, together with a sensible TV guide. Their webshite is in the all-too usual and useless 'designed for kids/Facebook users' mangly multi-colours (to disguise the lack of actual content) style.

Pressing the 'OK' button on the remote brings up the equivalent of that sheet of paper does it not? A scrollable list of channels with the advantage that pressing the OK button again brings the channel up on screen.

That said - can't see why CTH cannot produce a printable list of channels on the English language version of their website, together with a sensible TV guide. Their webshite is in the all-too usual and useless 'designed for kids/Facebook users' mangly multi-colours (to disguise the lack of actual content) style.

Ned don't know if you have upgraded your set top box. This was the reason I was not getting the missing 13 HD Channels Gadget being one of them. I phoned the call center for help and they fobbed me off telling me that all CTH users were in the same boat which of course wasn't the case. It wasn't until I stumbled across the update option that the missing channels appeared pretty embarrassing that the guys that installed it and the call center couldn't have done or told me how to do this. Apart from the initial hiccup I have to say that I am pleasantly enjoying CTH especially the football channels. Hopefully the PLTV/ Stadium 7 will be added soon.

Whatever is sed about CTH is True.smile.png

However, I kept True but have not had the shrunk down magazine they used to send. Sad it let me know thbest pizza offers.

CTH has one purpose which is to show EPL. Unfortunately they are not doing this to a level that farangs are happy with. Unfortunately agen, Thais are thrilled that they can watch EPL cheaply.

I want decent analysis, post match comments and review shows. CTH offers this but in Thai.

Sensible, as who are their main customers?

• Like 2

However, I kept True but have not had the shrunk down magazine they used to send. Sad it let me know thbest pizza offers.

CTH has one purpose which is to show EPL. Unfortunately they are not doing this to a level that farangs are happy with. Unfortunately agen, Thais are thrilled that they can watch EPL cheaply.

I want decent analysis, post match comments and review shows. CTH offers this but in Thai.

Agree completely. If the majority target audience are satisfied with the current content, why should CTH pander to the whims of the TV elite? If PLTV comes along......fine. If not, I'm still enjoying watching all the games in HD...with English commentary, for less than half of what I paid True for lower quality pictures.wai.gif

And I suspect they are quite happy with the analysis.

I very much doubt CTH will bother with PLTV this season.

Crill....You say you stumbled across the update option. You obviously don't mean the search option, do you?

I can't find this update option. Been through everything on the menu but no way to update the system as far as I can see.

Can you help me here?

Thanks

I'm in the boat as you Crill. I've only been able to get a handful of channels lately. I can't get Sky News for example....or Fox Sports or a whole host of channels that I could get before. I've done a search for them but I still end up with the same few channels.

I bet you are stil singing their praises though.

Crill....You say you stumbled across the update option. You obviously don't mean the search option, do you?

I can't find this update option. Been through everything on the menu but no way to update the system as far as I can see.

Can you help me here?

Thanks

it's under OTA on one of the menu options. I tried to do it but it wouldn't update the box. Maybe the update isn't available as yet.

The upgrade was made available on the 29th of October I got CTH installed on the 1st of November and both the installers and CTH themselves did not tell me to upgrade I stumbled across it. The upgrade is under the information bar its the last option I think its under OTA upgrade. Liking the Nat Geo Music channel at the moment its a nice change from listening to constant pop and K pop garbage.