True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

Yes, that is the cost of the box. There may be a small additional payment for installation, but I'm not sure on that. Everything will be much clearer around 16th-20th June.

TIT. Wanna bet BB?laugh.png

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that is the cost of the box. There may be a small additional payment for installation, but I'm not sure on that. Everything will be much clearer around 16th-20th June.

Ha ha ha... oh you are so funny and original. A genius, pherhaps.

Edited by hotandhumid

To be fair, looking at how all the other services work he is probaly correct smile.png

Err... yes, willing to take bets, how much? New service will be active from 21st June. I've been told two dates when service details are to be announced 16th and 20th.

I know they are launching channels via satellite for Laos and Cambodia, as yet there is no cable infrastructure there. Only makes sense that those unable to access CTH service via TOT fiber optic cable can do so via a dish.

• Like 1

Err... yes, willing to take bets, how much? New service will be active from 21st June. I've been told two dates when service details are to be announced 16th and 20th.

I know they are launching channels via satellite for Laos and Cambodia, as yet there is no cable infrastructure there. Only makes sense that those unable to access CTH service via TOT fiber optic cable can do so via a dish.

C.T.H. are already broadcasting some of their channels on the Vinasat network
  • Like 1

To be fair, looking at how all the other services work he is probaly correct smile.png

Don't be stupid, they have spent millions of dollars on it.

It appears that CTH will have Fox sports and Fox sports plus HD as well as Fox sports news. 500 bht for minimum package which gives you one match a month apparently! 899 bht for all 380, as I previously mentioned

Sounds good if true. Thanks for the updates.

Just as a further report on the CTH boxes, went into Home Cable in Udonthani and they gave me a brochure stating that if you are an existing cable customer the first box is free and any other you want is 1800 baht. As far as I could make out talking to the staff via my wife, you can't buy the receivers yet and it should ? be available for out of towners via satellite, all will be revealed by June 21st if they are true (sorry for the pun) to their word..

Edited by nbm47

I just got a letter from True thanking me for my support and they hope that I will continue. They state that EPL will run until until this coming May and then they will offer.Free of charge.

Over 19 channels of International channels.+ 10 HD channels.

9 additional std definition channels

8 standard definition channels upgraded to HD

Most of which I have now and the rest I am not interested.

They are completely missing the point for many of us as we want to watch EPL and this package in no way compensates for the loss of this.

I guess others have also received this letter so sorry if I duplicated.

• Like 1

I just got a letter from True thanking me for my support and they hope that I will continue. They state that EPL will run until until this coming May and then they will offer.Free of charge.

They are completely missing the point for many of us as we want to watch EPL and this package in no way compensates for the loss of this.

They are going to be losing a huge amount of customers and maybe they underestimated this....the thing also with CTH is apart from the PL they are going to have lots of other stuff they true have now, so even if you didn't like football it would still be worth switching over just to save some money...

They are going to be losing a huge amount of customers and maybe they underestimated this....the thing also with CTH is apart from the PL they are going to have lots of other stuff they true have now, so even if you didn't like football it would still be worth switching over just to save some money...

Precisely. I've downgraded to Gold on True for the time being as I don't want to give them a baht more than I need to. The more I read about CTH, the more it looks like they could screw True (sorry for the rhyme!). I don't hate True, but I don't like them either. I welcome the competition from CTH, and it looks as though they really might have something to offer. Fingers crossed.

Agreed, whichever way I will be leaving True because I want the Football. CTH sounds pretty good according to some of the previous posts.

Indeed. And it's not only that they lost it, it's that they really seem to have made no effort to keep it, right from the way they went about their bidding, to the way when CTH won the bid, they almost immediately ruled out some sort of partnership or some sort of deal with CTH to buy games off them. Just seems like they really don't care. I think the only sort of compensation that would mean anything to Premier League fans at this point would be a rather substantial slashing of their monthly charges.

Indeed. And it's not only that they lost it, it's that they really seem to have made no effort to keep it, right from the way they went about their bidding, to the way when CTH won the bid, they almost immediately ruled out some sort of partnership or some sort of deal with CTH to buy games off them. Just seems like they really don't care. I think the only sort of compensation that would mean anything to Premier League fans at this point would be a rather substantial slashing of their monthly charges.

The letter says that if we don't want to accept the freebie as described in my earlier post they will give a 100 baht discount on the current subscription for the next 12 months. They really do seem to want to keep subscribers hey!

Does anyone have a contact for CTH in the Pattaya area. I can find nothing on the Internet and they do not seem to be advertising locally, which is a bit of a concern as time is running out if they are going to sell their proposed number of cable/satellite systems before August.

Dropped down from Gold package to the 499 package I wanted to drop to the 299 package but was told that this is not possible.The lady in the shop in Buriram said that many farang have done this.

Does anyone have a contact for CTH in the Pattaya area. I can find nothing on the Internet and they do not seem to be advertising locally, which is a bit of a concern as time is running out if they are going to sell their proposed number of cable/satellite systems before August.

Blimey, talk about knicker wetting, we aint even out of May yet!

Can you not see the posts above, talk to sophon in Pattaya.

I leave for the uk suinday,but back 20th June,so i will go to Sophon office to check.Also CTH will announce their plans in June.At the moment i cant find anything yet, but i will be going from platinum to gold when i am back,then pay for epl with sophon if in english commentary.We all know that Sophon coverage of football is awful,need to check first.

I leave for the uk suinday,but back 20th June,so i will go to Sophon office to check.Also CTH will announce their plans in June.At the moment i cant find anything yet, but i will be going from platinum to gold when i am back,then pay for epl with sophon if in english commentary.We all know that Sophon coverage of football is awful,need to check first.

Mark Hughes should be Stokes new manager by the time you get back!!

Have a good trip. Where is the Sophon cable in Pattaya, please?

I'm certain it will be English commentary. It isn't Sophon as such who have the product, they are just riding off the back of CTH as a partner. I think that is right anyway?

Dropped down from Gold package to the 499 package I wanted to drop to the 299 package but was told that this is not possible.The lady in the shop in Buriram said that many farang have done this.

What is the 499 package called?

The package listing i have has the Knowledge package at 299, and then there seems to be quite a bit leap up to the Entertainment package at about a thousand.

Blimey, talk about knicker wetting, we aint even out of May yet!

Can you not see the posts above, talk to sophon in Pattaya.

No knicker wetting as you so nicely put it. I will have to cancel my existing contract with True and then get the new installation done. I also do not want to be without TV for any length of time. I possibly unlike you work for a living and am constantly in and out of Thailand, so would like to be prepared for the change. I do not want to use Sophon as i have heard bad reports. They talk about a million installations in the reports and the speed that Thais work it won't be done within the next decade.