True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/CTH-to-offer-EPL-package-30207620.html

CTH to offer EPL package

Watchiranont Thongtep

The Nation June 5, 2013 1:00 am

CTH, the country's leading pay-TV operator, will
offer a package including 380 live English Premier League soccer
matches for upcoming seasons for Bt899 per month as part of its
one-price policy.

Chief executive officer Kittsanan Ngampathipong said yesterday that as
promised, the company would let subscribers view six EPL channels as
well as 140 standard channels.

Current customers with a Bt399 package for 120 standard channels can
pay extra to upgrade their membership to watch the EPL channels, he
said.

There are two kinds of media platforms to watch the 146 TV channels.
One is the company's own satellite-TV receiver, which includes turquoise
Ku-band dishes, and the other is a set-top box.

The company has leased transponders from Vinasat, the Vietnamese
satellite provider, to transmit its 146 channels to subscribers in the
Kingdom.

Customers of other cable-TV companies can buy CTH's digital set-top box
to connect to its cable network. The more than 200 local cable
operators under CTH, formerly known as Cable Thai Holdings, will act as
distributors and sellers of the receivers. The company also plans to
recruit 400 dealers across the country.

Total subscribers from both platforms are expected to exceed 3.5 million in the first year of operation.

CTH also provides promotional packages with financing from leading
banks such as Bangkok Bank and Bank of Ayudhya and financial
institutions such as KTC, First Choice and Tesco Lotus.

The nation reported a one price policy of 899 today.

Thanks for all your reporting bangers blue wai2.gif certainly put my mind at rest, if i ever bump into you i will buy you a drink, just a shame i don't frequent bars tongue.png

Does anyone on these forums go to bars?

Pretty clever marketing from CTH. Seems affordable for those without the lump sum in order to get one year free. Decent saving if you've got a spare 21k lying around. Other savings available too.

899 x 24 = 21,576 / 35 = 599.333333

Who pays for cable tv 3 years in advance though, anywhere? Completely unheard of? Mind you I know an American guy who paid 5 years advance rent on his bkk condo to get a good deal, paid around 2 mil and after 6 mts he had to go back to the US...the 5 years is almost up now and he's never been back cheesy.gif

Strikes me as more of a marketing ploy and a very good one. Watch from 599 per month and get a year's coverage free! That will get a lot of Thais attention. I'm not sure if I have read on their website correctly, but it looked like Tesco and one or two banks are offering 0% finance on this purchase!

Strikes me as more of a marketing ploy and a very good one. Watch from 599 per month and get a year's coverage free! That will get a lot of Thais attention. I'm not sure if I have read on their website correctly, but it looked like Tesco and one or two banks are offering 0% finance on this purchase!

Maybe CTH have been listening to what customers want and require, True just took it for granted that keep showing the same old crap and as long as you have the football people will pay, well they are getting one huge awakening.

The nation reported a one price policy of 899 today.

Thanks for all your reporting bangers blue wai2.gif certainly put my mind at rest, if i ever bump into you i will buy you a drink, just a shame i don't frequent bars tongue.png

Does anyone on these forums go to bars?

Yes, to watch the EPL cheesy.gif

Maybe CTH have been listening to what customers want and require, True just took it for granted that keep showing the same old crap and as long as you have the football people will pay, well they are getting one huge awakening.

Yea exactly, Nev.

My refunded deposit of 2,000 baht from True visions will pay for that. biggrin.png

Don't hold your breath waiting for that to come back. Took well over a year when we cancelled one of our connections.

My CTH dish is being fitted now as I write this its a different direction from true, sort of south east pointing im in Jomtien the box is being delivered on 20th June so fingers crosed but TIT so you never know but I will keep you informed>I cancelled my true last week and got receipt to prove but they havnt come for the box and dish yet but the CTH man took it down for me while they where here so all ready to go back when they come also the shop gave me paperwork to get signed when the come to take.Last week I took a free 1 week trial with Thai Expat TV it has itv bbc sky news channel 4 and a few others live(well about 5 mins behind live) or 7 days on demand.I know I can get this for free but I have problems with buffering on my connection and this is from in Thailand so no buffering.I thought when I subscribed for one month on windows pc format it would slow down but it hasn't so very happy and next season will be able to watch Campions Leage on ITV(if it stays on)its b600 month and you need 3mbps minimum but I would recommend it at least the trial and when I had a problem with set up I rang the helpline and a guy called Daryle was there to talk me through,all very helpful so goodbye true and if anyone needs a PVR I have one spare....

• Like 1

My refunded deposit of 2,000 baht from True visions will pay for that. biggrin.png

Don't hold your breath waiting for that to come back. Took well over a year when we cancelled one of our connections.

Have cancelled with True twice before, both times deposit refunded after 2 months.

Have cancelled with True twice before, both times deposit refunded after 2 months.

Ditto - I have also done this twice.

BTW A friend just tried to cancel and was offered 3 months at half price for the Gold package

BTW A friend just tried to cancel and was offered 3 months at half price for the Gold package

A bargain cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

No info anywhere yet ref if you have to pay double bubble for 2 boxes?

Website states it's an extra 200 baht per extra box.

Interesting. What about the monthly bill though?

That's what i meant. An extra 200 baht per month. About the same as what True charges i think.

My CTH dish is being fitted now as I write this its a different direction from true, sort of south east pointing im in Jomtien the box is being delivered on 20th June so fingers crosed but TIT so you never know but I will keep you informed>I cancelled my true last week and got receipt to prove but they havnt come for the box and dish yet but the CTH man took it down for me while they where here so all ready to go back when they come also the shop gave me paperwork to get signed when the come to take.Last week I took a free 1 week trial with Thai Expat TV it has itv bbc sky news channel 4 and a few others live(well about 5 mins behind live) or 7 days on demand.I know I can get this for free but I have problems with buffering on my connection and this is from in Thailand so no buffering.I thought when I subscribed for one month on windows pc format it would slow down but it hasn't so very happy and next season will be able to watch Campions Leage on ITV(if it stays on)its b600 month and you need 3mbps minimum but I would recommend it at least the trial and when I had a problem with set up I rang the helpline and a guy called Daryle was there to talk me through,all very helpful so goodbye true and if anyone needs a PVR I have one spare....

Do you talk without breathing as well?laugh.png [sorry we're all a bot bored in the off-season]

OK. Heres my dilemma. If you take a look at the rest of the channel lineup on "CTH", frankly, its rubbish, nowhere near as good as True, despite True not being very good. As far as I can see, no BBC Channels on CTH, four of which are available on True in different packages.

Also, whilst CTH will have the Premiership, it wont have the other important Sports Events currently, and remaining with True. For example, The Golf Majors, The Tennis Grand Slams, All Major Rugby Matches (Setanta, on True), and dont forget True carried last years Olympics and the last Winter Olympics too. Also, for the Americans amongst us, all the NBA, MLB, NFL, and Ice Hockey, all on True, nowhere else I think?

So, if you (as am I ) are really peed off about the loss from True of the English Premiership, do you resign and thus also run the risk of losing all the other main events listed here? For me, I love Golf, Wimbledon, The Lions Tour etc etc, so with some frustration and regret looks like I will have to stay with True.

As I mentioned previously I cancelled True a few days ago. The following day i got a call from True and they offered me a 900 Baht reduction over the next 3 months if I stay with them. Seems a bargain to me and will give the time to sort out a CTH provider.

You can subscribe to setanta online also. CTH will have fox sports and star sports so will get a lot of tennis and golf plus F1 too. Americans will have the baseball. Only loss will be NFL and NBA. I think TRUE have the rights for those still. The Olympics was available on youtube's Olympic channel too, which was great coverage.