Proof Of Residence For Driving Licence From Immigration.

I can't get anything when I use the search function, so apologies if this is everywhere already.

Thought I read something on a thread that all was necessary to get proof of residence from immigration is a bill with my address, so when I went to C M immigration I was surprised when they wanted my house contract- don't have one as live in wife's house, ok copy of blue house book signed by my wife. Also 2 photos and 500 baht.

they also said on that thread that it takes 5 or 6 weeks and send police to house. Lady at CM said it takes one week and no mention of police checking up.

Letter from your gf or wife, saying you live with her.

Copy of the house book (or rental agreement) and a copy of her ID card.

2 passport photos of you and 500bht.

Done while you wait at CM, no checks as they don't give a toss, just want the 500bht.

Maybe you asked them for the wrong thing .... you want "Certificate of Residence"

Ask at the counter, no need to queue, they really want that 500bht.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

Letter from your gf or wife, saying you live with her.

Copy of the house book (or rental agreement) and a copy of her ID card.

2 passport photos of you and 500bht.

Done while you wait at CM, no checks as they don't give a toss, just want the 500bht.

Maybe you asked them for the wrong thing .... you want "Certificate of Residence"

Ask at the counter, no need to queue, they really want that 500bht.

Sorry, Certificate is what I wanted.

She didn't mention letter/ id from my wife, but I'm taking her with me next time. She always gets it sorted, so far.

Yes, no queue, but she did say one week.

They weren't that desperate for my 500 bht, unfortunately.

I paid ฿500.- also. I was then told that I could have got a certificate from the local police for ฿200.-. I can't see the licensing authorities refusing a police certificate. I didn't mind the ฿500.-, but the 2 hours drive down to Kap Choeng wasn't necessary?

I paid ฿500.- also. I was then told that I could have got a certificate from the local police for ฿200.-. I can't see the licensing authorities refusing a police certificate. I didn't mind the ฿500.-, but the 2 hours drive down to Kap Choeng wasn't necessary?

I specifically asked the local Land Transport official if I could get a local police certificate, and they said that I had to get it from immigration in C M.

• Like 1

I specifically asked the local Land Transport official if I could get a local police certificate, and they said that I had to get it from immigration in C M.

You can buy it from your embassy too, but more like 2000bht.

You can buy it from your embassy too, but more like 2000bht.

Plus the cost of travelling to and from Bkk.

However, is the service available from the British consulate in C M?

Anyway, I'm persevering with immigration. Combined with a necessary trip to C M 500B is way better price.

I went to changwattena the other day to do my 90 day report and to get a residence certificate. I had to fill a form in and give copies of main page of passport, last entry stamp, retirement visa, last arrival card, 90 day report and 200 Baht. They said it would take up to three weeks to arrive.

No mention of any proof where I lived, just asked if I lived in an apartment, condo or house.( I live with my good lady in her house).

Edited by williewolf

Yes, no queue, but she did say one week.

They weren't that desperate for my 500 bht, unfortunately.

There's a post in the Chiang Mai forum saying there's a delay issuing the certificates until 5th Feb, 'cos the main man who signs them is away. Guess he doesn't want his deputies pocketing the cash wink.png

Normally prepared while you wait.

I remember going to Phuket Imm office, after having checked the requirements and cost.

Found out the pricing somewhere, can't remember where now, was only 200 baht.

When they asked for 500, my wife told them it was listed as 200. He asked for 300 and we settled on that :)

Cert issued immediately..

On a different topic.. Went to get 60 day extension at Surat office this week and for once an officer (lady) actually bothered to find out the correct info, rather than just rely on what she thought. So just to clarify that one, 60 day extension available on any type of visa (even VE stamp) but limited to one time per entry. Not limited to one each year though as some have posted in other threads.

Happy days

So I have finally obtained my certificate from C M office.

Took my wife and the blue book with me. She gave them a copy of house blue book and her ID card. No need for letter saying I live with her, but perhaps if she hadn't been with me......................

I filled in the form and included photo copies of everything I thought relevant plus 2 passport photos.

I went back next day and handed over 500 baht.

Received certificate.

• 5 months later...

Is it possible to get a proof of residency on a visa exemption (the 15 days you get when passing a land border)?

I have a serviced apartment contract.

Just get it from your embassy. Much less hassle.

Unless if you're not living in Bangkok, because then it would be a lot more hassle. Plus it is always much more xpensive than the ones from Immigration.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to CM immigation last Monday,I have a Non Immigration O (Marriage) visa I took the completed form,2 passport photos,photocopies and origionals of all passport and visa's, my thai wife's home registration book and photocopies.500 baht and the Thai wife came along as well.

Upon questioning the staff at the usual address reporting building they told us to go to building number 1 across the carpark. At the far corner of the building was a lone officer sitting at a desk dripping water from the rain gutter, he was not inside any part of the main building but sort of located in the T intersection of the building layout, My wife spoke to him and advised me that this is the place to get the "paper for licence car" I gave him all the paperwork I had, he checked my origionals and copies and said something to my wife, She said to me "you can give him 200 baht now and he will send the paper in the post to you, or do you want to come back and pick it up?" we live in Lampang and I had already tried 2 times to get this certificate while doing the address notification and being told "You need proof of address,notification is no good bring your wife housebook" and then "we are too busy come back Monday" so I gave him the 200baht.

Not one week later and on Friday I recieved the one page document with my passport photo attached in the mail, took it with my doctors certificate to the Lampang transport office with as many photocopies of visa's and driving licences including my international driving licence,did the oblgutory tests paid the 360baht and walked out with a Thai driver licence and a seperate Thai motorcycle licence.

The thing that boggles me is that CM Immigation display a pricelist in the reporting office and on that pricelist it stated the residancy certifaicate cost 500 baht, but the last time I was there I thought I saw it was 1000 baht and I said to my wife,"just my luck it's gone up to 1000 baht".

Well this is Thailand and nothing is consistant, it cost me only the 200 baht i paid the officer and i didnt have to spend another 200 baht in fuel to come back from Lampang to pick it up.

I guess the thing is,is that while youre here just go with the flow and try not to get frustrated because in the end things may work out and as they say when in Rome.