Marriage Extenion And Exit Permit

I know you guys get tired of answering these questions but I need some advice. I an here on a one year multi-O issued Mar.20; last. My current stamp is good to Apr, 20. I am going for an marriage extension. I have the money in bank and paper work ready. The problem is I would like to meet some friends of mine that will be in Laos in Apr.. Would it better ti try for a 30 day extension first and then go for the marriage extension? or go ahead and get the marriage extension and then get a exit permit. Can I get the marriage extension early, or do I have to wait for the last month of my visa?

The extension is 60 days and you can apply for it during the last 30 days of your current permission to stay, The cost is 1900 baht. If you get the extension, you will also need to purchase a re-entry permit to keep your extension when you return. Cost is 1000 baht for a single.

Edited by wayned

If you apply for the one year extension (up to 30 days early) you will have a 30 day under consideration period that starts at most immigration offices on the date your current permit to stay ends. If you get a re-entry permit it would only be valid until the date you have to report back after the 30 days.

You also could get a re-entry permit for your current permit to stay (April 20).

Or make another exit and return before your visa expires on March 20th and get another 90 day entry and get a re-entry permit for that entry.

Or get the 60 day extension (1900 baht) to visit your wife and a re-entry permit for that extension.

Edited by ubonjoe

If you apply for the one year extension (up to 30 days early) you will have a 30 day under consideration period that starts at most immigration offices on the date your current permit to stay ends. If you get a re-entry permit it would only be valid until the date you have to report back after the 30 days.

You also could get a re-entry permit for your current permit to stay (April 20).

Or make another exit and return before your visa expires on March 20th and get another 90 day entry and get a re-entry permit for that entry.

Or get the 60 day extension (1900 baht) to visit your wife and a re-entry permit for that extension.

I think that is the best idea for me (getting another 90 day stamp) and the cheapest, What I was trying to do was get the marriage extension so I could start using the money in the bank as my income is going to be a bit lean until the beginning of next year. But I guess I can eat lessrolleyes.gif