City Pledges Better Maintenance Of Road Lines, Traffic Lights

Rimmer

City pledges better maintenance of road lines, traffic lights

PATTAYA:--City engineers will repaint traffic lines throughout Pattaya yearly and fix broken traffic lights within 30 minutes as the city moves to comply with new national guidelines.

Following a Jan. 21 meeting in Bangkok to evaluate local government’s management of public facilities and newsjsinfrastructure, Pattaya’s Department of Strategy and Budget Planning met at city hall Jan. 25 to review how city departments can better maintain bridges, roads and traffic signals.

Surasak Janthrasombun, head of Technology and Information for the office, called representatives of city departments to evaluate the criteria and determine minimum goals in managing public infrastructure.

Full story:http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/city-pledges-better-maintenance-of-road-lines-traffic-lights-21540

pattayamaillogo.png

-- Pattaya Mail 2013-02-01 footer_n.gif

When will they ever get round to resurfacing South Pattaya Road,its been left in a terrible state ever since they dug up the entire left lane and put the water main in..years ago now ( didn't help with the lack of water )....Second road in places is like rididng a jetski on a choppy day,then how about Jomtien second road..still not complete and the dangerous cattle grates on Sukumvit. etc. etc.....

photo from 2006

post-2109-0-43208700-1359705310_thumb.jp

1. They should employ someone who knows about traffic flow to set the traffic light timings.

2. Either use all of the pedestrian lights all of the time (and enforce their use by cars) or scrap them all.

3. Enforce the no parking regulations. Use more wheel clamps and tow trucks.

And that's just for starters!

Wast of paint...

What is the point of pedestrian crossings and traffic lights, when drivers ignore them because the BiB are to lazy to enforce traffic law...

Couldn't agree more - those pedestrian crossing lighting systems are a disgrace to City Hall.

• 2 months later...

Replace those very confusing "Turn left waiting light" signs.

Unblock Soi Khopai to Soi Bongkot crossing over South Pattaya Road and Soi Khopai 4 crossing over 3rd road. I'll wait my turn to cross but the main flow hardly ever obeys the yellow crossed box making crossing next to impossible. Just because it becomes almost impossible to cross at these junctions due to idiots not following the rules, getting 10 meters closer to their destination, only to come to a standstill, is that any reason to block them off completely.

Fix and use 24/7 the pedestrian lights.

Stop motorbikes parking on footpaths.

Oh the list is endless. I wonder what Pattaya City Hall do all day. Play with themselves?

How can traffic lights be broken, if they are not turned on?

Was wondering the same thing. Living on the darkside I ask myself everyday why they don't just turn on the traffic lights at the railroad crossing since that is the cause of all the traffic out here.

Was wondering the same thing. Living on the darkside I ask myself everyday why they don't just turn on the traffic lights at the railroad crossing since that is the cause of all the traffic out here.

The lights don't cause the traffic the vehicles do. The lights or lack of them may cause the traffic to jam. There is a saying I've heard about traffic lights. "Red light don't give ticket, policeman do". Turn them on, yes, but unless their also manned with a visible policeman they have little effect. Training, policing, awareness and consideration for others is what is really needed to alleviate Thailand's traffic woes. Edited by Keesters

Why paint the lines, the Thais are, am afraid to say it, clueless as to what they mean.

Teach them then.

If we all took your attitude about everything there would be total anarchy.

Oh come on there is no law on the roads, apart from when they (BiB) want some tea money, and then we (fralang) get targeted

Them lights really do need to be turned ON, they do work, and have just flashed orange or red (depending on your direction) for about 4 years. There always seems to be fresh white paint on the road at the said junctions. You would think that the insurance would have something to say about it?

• 5 months later...

And it never happened. A walk down beach road the other day and NOT ONE SINGLE panda crossing was working. I stood at many crossings trying to cross the road but the traffic ignored me and continued on its way.

Should any pedestrian be injured while crossing the road at a crossing point, with or without working lights, I'd hold Pattaya mayor partially responsible for his failure to properly maintain the panda crossings. What a total waste of PUBLIC money that was in installing the pandas in the first place.

lines are good but only if drivers to stay inside them

yes but is it the drivers fault if the lanes are painted in the wrong place ?

2 lanes painted = in real = 3 lanes, 3 lanes painted = 4 or if possible 5 lanes...