Chargeback For Credit Card

The story is, I've used Paypal as a seller in the past, experienced fraud, and Paypal doesnt help. I then quit being a seller as there was no other options to receive payments.

I've always used Paypal for personal expenses with friends, hardly for purchases.

Recent months, purchased stuff from Etsy.com and a few trusted sellers.

Everything was fine, until 2 days ago, I need to find payment method to buy from Shenzhen Huowang Trading Co.,Ltd. for their B2B iPhone cases.

The amount wasnt much, a few hundreds bucks, and as I'm buying from Chinese seller, I had to find suitable payment method that the seller accepts. Out of WU, MG, T/T, Paypal, etc. Paypal was the best choice.

Anyways, seller told me he will do a next day shipping according to our 3 hours discussion. I need him to ship out before the Chinese New Year or the package will be stuck for half a month, he agreed. Yesterday, after much pester, he told me the package is shipped out though tracking will be provided on Monday. (I know DHL must provide tracking code instantly after package is shipped, so why Monday?)

I know I'm a paranoid about this, but considering Paypal's (unstable) policy and Chinese sellers, I have to find the best bet to safe myself. Just in case my future dispute via Paypal is not on my favor, I'd like to know what are the procedure for credit card chargeback (MasterCard) in Thailand?

I'd like to know my right in case I'm screwed.

PS: I did research on their company via http://www.aliexpress.com and alibaba.com, the company seems ok, they sell tons of staff with multiple feedbacks. About 85% positive feedbacks, I just hope I dont fall in the 15% category.

I've no faith in settling disputes in alibaba.com, and I only have little faith in Paypal's customer service. I can only hope my credit card issuer protects me or I'll feel virtually unprotected for online purchases.

Edited by Seizhin

You will most likely find that the shipper is using a freight forwarding company, which is why the tracking number is not available instantly. We do a lot of shipping out of China and it is the same when we use a freight forwarding company rather than our own account.

Andy

You will most likely find that the shipper is using a freight forwarding company, which is why the tracking number is not available instantly. We do a lot of shipping out of China and it is the same when we use a freight forwarding company rather than our own account.

Andy

That's a great relieved. Thank you for your reply.

I forgot to mention that one thing that got me agitated is that it's going to be Chinese New Year and I dont want to afford waiting until the 19th before the shipping process was handled (hence why I was in a hurry to pay and hope he will ship it instantly.)

Thanks!

I can't comment on Thai C/C, but in the few cases when I had to use C/C charge back in association with Paypal inability to recover my money, I had no problem in doing that. One case was with US C/C, another one offshore issued one.

The funny part was when paypal contacted me again after their dispused was closed to see if I had recovered the money anyway, before refunding the C/C company.

I think it's actually much easier to "win" a C/C dispute with paypal and their deep pockets, rather than against an individual merchant, that can always oppose their reasons, e.g. the infamous Thai C/C receipt that says "good and services received to total satisfaction - no refunds".

I do realize that Paypal always lose if you make a C/C, though the problem is, last time I was scammed and I called SCB call center their customer service was completely ignorant about C/C, she told me no such thing exists.

It's always safest if the Credit card provider cares for this.

I've done research that other people had done C/C for Bangkok Bank card and I'm curious of the procedure.