The Movie - Goal

britmaveric

Goal!

Like millions of kids around the world, Santiago harbors the dream of being a professional footballer. However, living in the Barrios section of Los Angeles, he thinks it is only that--a dream. Until, one day an extraordinary turn of events has him trying out for Premiership club Newcastle United.

I finally got around to watching Goal! and it was fairely good, but seemed rather short. Now for those that watched it, did it end after the match between New Castle and Liverpool (last match of the season)? It just seemed like the film was over before it really started. Ok I realize next part will be UEFA Cup and then last part will be World Cup.

The main actor was crap :D Obviously the guy never played footy before in his life! No elegance or body balance when on the ball :D I'd have preferred to a have a real world footballer, such Robinho or Ronaldino, as actors instead :o The Newcastle general scene wasn't too bad though.

The main actor was crap :D Obviously the guy never played footy before in his life! No elegance or body balance when on the ball :D I'd have preferred to a have a real world footballer, such Robinho or Ronaldino, as actors instead :o The Newcastle general scene wasn't too bad though.

Did it end where I thought it ended? (knockoff dvd, so can't be certain)

Did it end where I thought it ended? (knockoff dvd, so can't be certain)

Yep...

Bit crap I thought but good fun. Unfortunately it does end there with the terrible last line something like 'hey you know that game against FOOOOLHAAAM (strange American pronunciation), my dad saw it'. Too cheesy for me I almost had to throw up.