Employer Issue, Please Help

Hi

I had an argument with my boss yesterday regarding unpaid commission due. This access to my email has be refused and I think he wants me out.

I have had a Visa and WP since September last year. What protection do I have against someone terminating my contract without notice? Can I go somewhere to claim unpaid monies? What do I need to do regarding my Visa?

All help will be appreciated

You need to be at the labor department. They are on the side of the employee and will do whatever they can to get you what your employer owns you.

Check here: http://www.labour.go.th/en/

If your employment is terminated, and you are currently in Thailand using an extension of stay (issued at an immigration office) based on your work permit/employment, then you will need to leave Thailand on the same day your work permit is canceled (which should be done immediately on your last day of work), or get a 7 day extension at a cost of 1900 Baht.

If you are in Thailand based on a visa alone, i.e. you have a "permit to stay until" received at a border/airport when entering Thailand, then you can stay until that stamp indicates you can stay.

We had a blazing row over the phone and some very nasty things were said by both of us. I've not received anything official to say I'm fired but access to my email and the customer database has been blocked. Is there a way to see if your WP has been cancelled?

You should have your WP yourself.

Normally when you (or your employer) cancels your WP, you will receive a document which you then bring to immigration for cancelation of your extension.

The permit to stay does not get canceled automatically, however if you do it at a later day then the date your employment ended you will be liable for overstay fines @ 500 B/day.

And no, they should not be able to cancel your WP on a weekend.