Tom Armstrong Search: Thailand Trip For Missing Man's Father

Lite Beer

A man has contacted the family via Facebook and said he believes he bumped into Tom in Bangkok on Saturday. Helen Armstrong-Bland, Tom's mother said: "He said he'd then seen photos of our Tom and he's positive it's him."

Mr Armstrong's father had already flown to Thailand to liaise with the local authorities involved in the search.

Ms Armstrong-Bland said: "The private message was from a chap that lives in Bangkok and he said he spoke to a man who called himself Tom who was asking for directions out of town.

bbclogo.jpg

-- BBC 18 minutes ago

Read that, too. Still: we don't know if it's true, if it actually happened, if it really was him.

I find it difficult to help being in Bangkok and not having any further info locationwise.

Just drove past that soi yesterday after the football match - could be he only went there once, you could tell a lot from his withdrawals.

this speculation is worthless, there are cctv camera's situated all over the areas that these transactios took place, I don't understand why it is so difficult to confirm some very simple facts - was it him or was someone else using his atm card - am i missing something here

the police should be able to very quickly get on top of this unless for some reason they don't want too, as usual in thailand some weird shit going down here beyond belief

my gut feel is something bad is going on and it is being covered up - I hope I'm wrong

• 2 weeks later...

one can't help but begin to think that perhaps, for whatever personal reasons he may have, that he isn't truly missing, but that he simply doesn't wish to have contact.

No details were really provided but it's nice to know this tale had a happier ending than most threads like this.

http://www.eadt.co.u...iland_1_1938033

Seems for whatever personal reasons he may have had, that he wasn't truly missing, but that he simply didn't wish to have contact.

Seems for whatever personal reasons he may have had, that he wasn't truly missing, but that he simply didn't wish to have contact.

Yeah, all of the ATM usage and sightings indicated as much. I do wonder if his Dad gave him a big hug or a fat lip when he first saw him.

No details were really provided but it's nice to know this tale had a happier ending than most threads like this.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/kelsale_missing_man_tom_armstrong_found_alive_and_well_in_thailand_1_1938033

Maybe he was having to many happy endings, hence the reason he went to ground for so long. It's a pretty selfish thing to do though.

sorry but what a fcking <deleted> and disrespectfull idiot - anyone who think this man deserves anything but a good slap needs to really look very hard at what happened here

My sympathy is with the parents of this young idiot who put them through hell

<deleted>

• Like 1

sorry but what a fcking <deleted> and disrespectfull idiot - anyone who think this man deserves anything but a good slap needs to really look very hard at what happened here

<deleted>

me too

<deleted>

me too

Me three....This kid needs a good whop upside the head.

While I suspected this was the situation nearly three weeks ago, I was still willing to give him the final benefit and made only my tentative post then only speculative. Tom is certainly not alone in what he did. I've seen the same happen several times before and that is where my suspicions with him originated. It's an incredibly selfish thing to just drop out like that. Not only does it affect his family and friends strongly, it impacts even on complete strangers, who are less experienced in what humans are capable of.

Well, we still don't know whether it was really him and without info on the withdrawals it is impossible to tell if HE was taking money from his account or someone else. I am in Bangkok and would like to help - can't someone just please post the ATM locations and dates they were used at?

Read that, too. Still: we don't know if it's true, if it actually happened, if it really was him.

I find it difficult to help being in Bangkok and not having any further info locationwise.

Just drove past that soi yesterday after the football match - could be he only went there once, you could tell a lot from his withdrawals.

The other results from these selfish actions is that it taints the authorities into being lackadaisical when the next missing person report is filed. Potentially quite dangerous when that one may very well be legitimately missing. It also wastes a tremendous amount of manpower and resources.

If a person wants to drop out and tune in and flop on a beach smoking weed or whatever other nonsense Tomw was up to, go for it, but for God's sake (and those that may worry about you), frickin' let them know that is your intention, so that an international man-hunt isn't generated looking for your selfish ass.

p.s. Here's a fourth slap upside his head.

*thwack*

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1