Land Prices In Khon Kaen

Nonsi

We own 5 Rai of farm land near Paradorn's Far Fang (spelling ?) resort - a few kilometers from the airport road - with full chanot. The land is used as rice fields at the moment and has road access. We bought this land 8 years ago in order to help somebody in my wife's family.

As we are living on the Eastern Seabord, we have no idea about the land prices in Isaan.

Does anybody of you guys in Khon Kaen know about the prices for such land ? Alternatively, for how much could such land be rent out to grow rice ?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

In Ban Fang?

More than a few kilometers from the airport more like twenty and as this area is mainly rice land i would say it is easy to get at a reasonable price as for renting out 5 rai then you will be getting little back if only rice but somebody in that village may be able to give you precise numbers.

It's not worth much.

My wife's mother has 60 rai in Udon and grows rice (she leases the land).

She gets very little as a return.

Your land, compared to hers is worth nowt!

Btw, you must have some idea if price as you know what you paid and when.

Inside the ring road land has appreciated at a rapid pace in the last 3 years, outside its not worth much even with chanote title. The problem you will find with large pieces of land here is no one has or can get the money to buy it (excepting foolish farang). What most people do with their land is to split it into smaller pieces which people can then afford to buy, this also helps to maximize your return on your initial investment. On the bright side there is alot of development by companies going on in the west and southwestern sectors outside the ring road due to the flooding problems in the central plains (companies relocating industries) and also the asean agreement coming into effect in 2015. Hwy access and having good power nearby would def. help in selling your land too.

The problem you will find with large pieces of land here is no one has or can get the money to buy it (excepting foolish farang). What most people do with their land is to split it into smaller pieces which people can then afford to buy, this also helps to maximize your return on your initial investment.

This makes sense, and is what I'd expect people to do.

However, while my fiance and I have been looking for land, we've often found the opposite lol. We've found that groups of 5+ land owners, cousins/sublings etc, often band together to all sell their land in a single block, because otherwise once the land next to the road sells, the land at the back becomes virtually worthless, since there's no guaranteed access to it since the land.

Initially I thought it was a ridiculous idea, but after thinking about it for a little while, it does make sense if you're not in a hurry to sell (Which is usually the case).

I live about 20 kms from Khon Kean airport towards Chumpai, we live on five rai and bought three years ago, and since then prices have gone up three to four times, its worth a bit of checking, if you want your money back contact me I am sure I would be very interested

I live about 20 kms from Khon Kean airport towards Chumpai, we live on five rai and bought three years ago, and since then prices have gone up three to four times, its worth a bit of checking, if you want your money back contact me I am sure I would be very interested

Thanks very much for that. But we'd rather lease the land and hang on to it for a few more years. At the moment, we only make 5k THB / year by renting it out to grow rice and we would like to know if this is a realistic price. Any ideas ?

• 2 weeks later...

There exists a Thai government website (only in Thai) where one can check for the officially closed prices for deals. Needs registration with Thai ID card.

Hi could you also send me a link to this site please.

Thanks in advance!