Is My Gf Really Real?

BillH52

The OP has 10 posts in 6 years, surely no one can maintain a relationship with a lady living remotely in another country least of here in Thai, and especially if the lady is living in Phuket.

Save your money, don't bother sending her any more money and don't throw good money after bad by employing a PI.

Perhaps I didn't make it clear. Any doubt I may have comes from farang stories of that sort; bad things happening over and over. NOT from anything she has done or not done.

I believe she has been completely honest, straight forward and is as far from being a gold digger as anyone could be. I have not sent her one penny; and she has not asked for any.

I don't think I will become just another statistic; but, don't want to be one of those who blindly goes forward, thinking "It can't happen to me", either.

If you only have negative things to say, I've already heard them; if you have positive things to say, great!

If you aren't giving her one baht, someone else is.

Don't let stories out of thailand have you thinking the worse, not all the women are greedy and adulterers.

If you heard rumors from your bar pals about her, ignore them because they are the most likely the ones to cut your grass.

Some questions arise.

Have you ever met her?

What was the feeling when you met, if you have?

Is she your GF or someone you chat online with?

If you chat online, do you see her with a cam?

Not all the farang stories are true, some of it is being big headed and showing off to mates.

Rule 1) In the western world if it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then its a duck.

Rule 2) In Thailand if it looks like a bar girl, acts like a bar girl and talks like a bar-girl, then its a bar-girl.

Rule 3) If you met your girl in a bar, (this includes the good girl cashiers and waitresses) then you really shouldn't have to worry about reading the above 2 rules, you have removed all doubt

Perhaps I didn't make it clear. Any doubt I may have comes from farang stories of that sort; bad things happening over and over. NOT from anything she has done or not done.

I believe she has been completely honest, straight forward and is as far from being a gold digger as anyone could be. I have not sent her one penny; and she has not asked for any.

I don't think I will become just another statistic; but, don't want to be one of those who blindly goes forward, thinking "It can't happen to me", either.

If you only have negative things to say, I've already heard them; if you have positive things to say, great!

If she's your girlfriend why wouldn't you want to help her out financially in some way? Unless she's earning more than you, of course.

If she's your girlfriend why wouldn't you want to help her out financially in some way? Unless she's earning more than you, of course.

Big face palm an other guy that rents his g/f.

You might consider giving money after years of relationship but to start off with it only means you have nothing else than your wallet to impress her. I see so many guys like that and guess what most end up scammed.

As i said in an other post a friend of mine is having fun with a lot of those sponsored girls, he looks good talks good and is young and interesting. Those girls often see him when their sponsor is away. They say its all for the money. One girl actually lives with an English teacher and sees my friend when he goes to work. (i do wonder how an English teacher can sponsor a girl though.)

But again this is in Pattaya im sure something like that would never happen in Phuket, sponsored girls would never have a Thai bf to see to get their real fun.

• Like 1

You might consider giving money after years of relationship but to start off with it only means you have nothing else than your wallet to impress her. I see so many guys like that and guess what most end up scammed.

As i said in an other post a friend of mine is having fun with a lot of those sponsored girls, he looks good talks good and is young and interesting. Those girls often see him when their sponsor is away. They say its all for the money. One girl actually lives with an English teacher and sees my friend when he goes to work. (i do wonder how an English teacher can sponsor a girl though.)

But again this is in Pattaya im sure something like that would never happen in Phuket, sponsored girls would never have a Thai bf to see to get their real fun.

Sponsoring is a lovely pejorative term that people love bandying about! If someone has a girlfriend from a poor family who's earning a very low wage (or not working) why wouldn't they want to help them out financially, if they "love" them?

Sponsoring is a lovely pejorative term that people love bandying about! If someone has a girlfriend from a poor family who's earning a very low wage (or not working) why wouldn't they want to help them out financially, if they "love" them?

Sure, do whatever you want and accept it as normal. I see wealthy Thais do the same only they call it renta gf's or giks or mia nois.

Anyway its a real bad idea to give money to a Thai girl at the start of a relationship. You should see if she stays with you without all the perks. Just inmagine yourself without money for what kind of reason will she still stand next to you or take the next bus out of town.

Relations based on money is something for old fools (or young ones) who want girls they normally can't get.

Anyway after a year or so you might start helping out, just plead poverty before. Nothing wrong with helping once you have done some tests before. But even then some smart ones might be in it for the long con.

Wouldnt get involved in the first place, I am sure the girl is lovely, its the baggage they bring with them.

The only Thais I see getting involved with these kind of girls are Thai guys from the same background, dont see middle class Thais tearing up HW#2 to marry poor farmers daughters.

I think the OP has a valid point! My advice, forget the PI as they are silly expensive & get a mate to help you out see where she is etc.,... will be chaper in the long run. My advice is slowly slowly, dont throw money at here from day 1 as this will set a precedent

The OP has 10 posts in 6 years, surely no one can maintain a relationship with a lady living remotely in another country least of here in Thai, and especially if the lady is living in Phuket.

Save your money, don't bother sending her any more money and don't throw good money after bad by employing a PI.

what do the OP's post count and sign up date have to do with his relationship or his question?

Edited by candypants

I know that this post is not helping anyone.

And it is sort of off-topicish.

Went to Barcalona with my wife.

I got robbed by a gang in the subway, no surprise, after all, it was Barcalona.

Lost my money and credit cards.

My wife still had her visa card, and said:

You believe me when I say I realy love you? - even now that you have no more money?

Edited by nidieunimaitre

I know that this post is not helping anyone.

And it is sort of off-topicish.

Went to Barcalona with my wife.

I got robbed by a gang in the subway, no surprise, after all, it was Barcalona.

Lost my money and credit cards.

My wife still had her visa card, and said:

You believe me when I say I realy love you? - even now that you have no more money?

You did not loose all your money you temporarily could not reach it. Big difference.

To the OP, its OK we all make these mistakes. Everyone here in this forum has been played by a bargirl.

Some people choose to live with their heads in the sand and pretend like it didnt happen, they continue to shower them with gifts and buy them land in Isaan and houses in Phuket, the good thing is you recognized the problem early, hopefully you didnt make the mistake of putting a house in her name or buying the family some farming land.

To the OP, its OK we all make these mistakes. Everyone here in this forum has been played by a bargirl.

Some people choose to live with their heads in the sand and pretend like it didnt happen, they continue to shower them with gifts and buy them land in Isaan and houses in Phuket, the good thing is you recognized the problem early, hopefully you didnt make the mistake of putting a house in her name or buying the family some farming land.

....... everyone in this forum has been played by a bargirl.....????????????????????

• Like 1

The OP has asked a question here because of stuff he reads on forums and to be honest with the stuff l have seen go down over the years, and still am, l think he is a wise bloke. Wish l had done it with my ex UK wife of 25 years, not at the beginning but near the end.

OP, my chum is thinking of doing the same thing with his new lady, which he wished he had done with the EX. sad.png

• Like 1

....the good thing is you recognized the problem early, hopefully you didnt make the mistake of putting a house in her name or buying the family some farming land.

...don't forget the funding of nursing a sick water buffalo back to health. Only to find out later that her family lives in downtown Khon Kaen. blink.png