Cancer Is Top Killer Of Thais Among All Diseases

webfact

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As highlighted lifestyle also to blame; no exercise, poor diet, taking meals at any time of the day... just general indiscipline towards life.

Snacking causes cancer? Really? Can you enlighten us as to how many times and when we should eat to avoid cancer?

BTW my TGF insists toast more than dark brown is a definite cause of cancer. Not sure if this applies to midnight cheese and Vegemite.

My ex used to give me that BS about toast as well. Right up there with rain makes you ill as utter nonsense.

Aaaah, now we get somewhere, you are all thinking. Glucose does indeed play a massive part in feeding tumour cells. There is a toxin contained in grape seed that cause a communication break in the link between the two mitochondria in cancer cells (healthy cells have only one mitochondria). When the link is severed between the two in a cancer cell, the cell will die. The problem has always been how to get the toxin into the cancer cell, which will reject it under normal circumstances. Bring in the humble grape !!! The purple variety being the most potent. The grapes must be eaten either whole or mulch up a glass full in the blender and take every two hours, between 0830 and 2000 hrs ONLY. After 8pm nothing at all but water must be consumed.

In the first few days you are taking this nectar of nature, all the cells in your body will become addicted to the sweet, sugary, easy source of glucose. By fasting for 12 hours at night you literally cause the cells to become ravenous with hunger for this grape concoction. Cancer cells are stronger and more hungry than normal cells (think of them as the cuckoo in the robins nest). With your first few glasses or meals of grape mulch/grapes the cancer cells will take all the nutrients first, so hungry they ignore their normal fussy checks. In the grape mulch are the many toxins that we need to get in to the cancer cells (these chemicals are NOT toxic to normal cells), and these are swallowed up in the early morning feeding frenzy by the cancer cells.

Result cancer cells completely eradicated in 5 weeks. This method kills only cancer cells/bad cells it causes no harm to healthy cells. Chemo kills all cells, thats why you get so ill. For serious stage cancer such as 4+ it may be necessary to do 5-6 weeks, then break for 2-4 weeks then do another 5-6 weeks. I know many people that have followed this procedure strictly and every single one now has no trace of cancer left. This is a huge dichotomy for Big Pharma, the humble grape at $3-4 a kilo kills cancer! All BP can do is spread disinformation about real alternative cures to their own.

An adult male will need about 2.5 kilos a day and a woman about 2 kg. Please remember to wash the grapes in warm water with lots of baby soap (you can use baby soap for washing vegetables..look at the bottle), use a soft brush and wash then properly, no need doing all that good to you and then ingesting all the sprays and insecticides is there. Whop them in the fridge and when very cold...wow! awesome as they are or simply blended. Remember to crush and eat the seeds (and no, grape seeds do NOT cause appendicitis wink.png ) Good luck!

This is complete absolute nonsensical twaddle, that a single look at a single high school level text book on cell biology would correct if you could be bothered.

I am simply amazed at the level of ignorance that people are able and willing to exhibit in public. I mean it...any simple cell biology text book.

Needless to say of course the rest of the "facts" in your post are of equivalent worth. This stuff about grape seeds and cells getting addicted to the "mulch", it's laughable.

Do you seriously imagine when you eat something it all goes into your bloodstream in little lumps stuck together? So if you ate a sausage tiny particles of sausage float around that your cells can take up as a whole? You seem to not even have a grade school grasp of biology!

From online encyclopaedia Britannica: http://www.britannic...0/mitochondrion

The number of mitochondria per cell varies widely; for example, in humans, erythrocytes (red blood cells) do not contain any mitochondria, whereas liver cells and muscle cells may contain hundreds or even thousands. Mitochondria are unlike other cellular organelles in that they have two distinct membranes and a unique genome and reproduce by binary fission; these features indicate that mitochondria share an evolutionary past with prokaryotes (single-celled organisms).

• Like 1

<snip>

My mother in law is alive after stage 4, and at 30kgs, survived with complete reversal within a month, my wife also from cervical cancer

<snip>

<snip>

I decided to do one of the 'cure' programs myself for 4 weeks to see if it would be too difficult if any member of my family succumbed to Cancer in the future. I was in to it after 3 days and felt completely energised after 7. At 3 weeks, my skin felt like new and skin tags that I had had for two-three years dropped off, a couple of mole types marks on my back disappeared completely. I stopped at 4 weeks, 9kg lighter and feeling like a new person.

<snip>

So why don't either of you two tell us what were the names of these miracle 'cures'?

Grapes!

Purple Grapes. Nothing but purple grapes and water. But definitely the purple grapes must have seeds, which need to be crushed while being eaten, or broken while blending grapes for a drink. The grapes, grape seed and grape skin must all be consumed. The fascinating thing is HOW it works. Its very simple and very clever, I would type it out now but have a school run to do, so if you can't find anything on google, then later perhaps. smile.png

Thanks, GJ. I seem to recall reading articles about that one. I'll Google it more. thumbsup.gif

Thanks, GJ. I seem to recall reading articles about that one. I'll Google it more. thumbsup.gif

No please don't. Seriously. Every single thing in this post is complete nonsense, and it would be a waste of time. I've already shown you that the idea that normal cells have one mitochondrion (that is the singular, the plural is 'mitochondria') while cancer cells have two is just rubbish. So the idea that breaking the non existent link between what there are many hundreds of (not two) in a cancer cell would kill them, and that grape seeds do this, is clearly also nonsense.

A far better idea would be to find a simple online scientific article about cancer, it's causes and treatment, and try to learn what the current understanding really is.

Real knowledge is power. Nonsense makes you into a child.

I just passed the row of food vendors which serve our university campus of 50,000+ students and 1,500+ faculty/staff. Know which vendors are the most popular? The the ones who grill these little meatballs of pork, fish, chicken, and God-knows-what other content; along with all sizes and flavors of hot dogs. For the ten years I've been in Thailand this type of snack food has seemed to only grow in popularity.

In the west, health-conscious people have shunned these foods for decades due to the nature of their composition--usually the throw-aways of the meat industry. Anyone know if it's different in Thailand (the composition of said balls and tubular objects)? I'm not hopeful or optimistic. sad.png

I love those fermented pork Isaan sausages. I grill them myself until almost black all over and eat with chilli, ginger, cucumber and tomatoes. Probably the most dangerous food I eat. ohmy.png

I had some on Saturday and have never had so much flatulence. I think they must've kept fermenting for another 24 hours. Peeuw! post-35489-0-32342400-1359984029.gif

when nobody ever checks the road side food stalls about their oils, maximise profit = use them way to many days and times, that you as a customer gets sick or cancer, that is your problem, i guess, their way of thinking...

what about those people eating spicy everyday = stomac cancer, but hey, they are addicted...

medicine you buy over the counter, antibiotics and others for a cold... no use but can do severe damage, etc...

let's not forget all the chain smokers and drinkers

goodnight

Thank you and goodnight to you too. w00t.gif

Not sure How many people get out to the country side, and observe how much and how many chemicals are sprayed on just about everything you eat. Not to mention what is fed to animals and how they are medicated, as well as the water that they drink.

For those that dont get out to the country much, and depending on wear you live, it is not only pollution from vehicles that contaminates the air.

I am gonna take a wild guess here, and say it is not burnt toast, that is causing most of the cancer.

I recall having read somewhere that Chiangmai/Chiangrai has the highest incidence (or one of the highest) of lung cancer in the world. One of the main factors in that would appear to be the annual stubble burn off.

Burn off and unregulated use of chemicals.

No please don't. Seriously. Every single thing in this post is complete nonsense, and it would be a waste of time. I've already shown you that the idea that normal cells have one mitochondrion (that is the singular, the plural is 'mitochondria') while cancer cells have two is just rubbish. So the idea that breaking the non existent link between what there are many hundreds of (not two) in a cancer cell would kill them, and that grape seeds do this, is clearly also nonsense.

A far better idea would be to find a simple online scientific article about cancer, it's causes and treatment, and try to learn what the current understanding really is.

Real knowledge is power. Nonsense makes you into a child.

What does a closed mind make you into?

Resveratrol

Grape phytochemicals such as resveratrol (a polyphenol antioxidant), have been positively linked to inhibiting any cancer, heart disease, degenerative nerve disease, viral infections and mechanisms of Alzheimer's disease.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grape

Besides, I'm quite interested in his 9 Kg weight loss. w00t.gif

Look resveratrol is well known. It is in grape juice NOT seeds. It is not a wonder drug and does not "cure cancer". There are many claims made for resveratrol which are exaggerated and hyped up by the popular press. It has been shown to have mild beneficial effects in a number of animal and cellular studies, but certainly no miracle cures and it's value in long term human disease is still rather uncertain. It is well known and certainly well known to me.

That is not the point of my post. Grape juice, like other fruit juice is "good for you". I drink it myself. This is not what the post I was objecting to was saying.

He claimed to have a CURE FOR CANCER!!

This cure was claimed to be crushed up grape seeds!

This is a huge claim and it is rubbish. (Resveratrol is definitely not a cancer cure, it's in grape skins not seeds anyway).

He stated mad non-facts about mitochondria in cancer cells, getting the facts completely wrong, and yet stating that these untrue facts were the basis of the way his "cancer cure " worked.

If he had posted "Grape juice is quite good for you" of course I wouldn't object.

He made stupid untrue claims that could seriously mislead gullible people. What I say still stands . That post is crap from beginning to end.

Edited by partington
  • Like 1

As highlighted lifestyle also to blame; no exercise, poor diet, taking meals at any time of the day... just general indiscipline towards life.

And exactly what time of day are you recommending my wife should eat, as she's Thai? The irregular 6 small meals she eats now, or the 3 big ones the average farang eats [Not including healthy snacks sic]?. Colon and rectal cancer, and other alimentary track cancers are much more frequent in western countries than will be in Thailand for a long time. Also, No exercise?, Poor diet?..Which lotus land are you from?

If you have a daughter, arrange for her to have HPV vaccination course before reaching puberty. This is 100% effective in stopping uterine/cervix cancers which are caused by the Human Papilloma(?) virus.

If you have a WIFE, arrange for her to have HPV course as well. There is research from the PAH in Brisbane, stating, I have been told by my GP there, that there is a benefit to older women as well. Before I moved to Thailand, my now wife was in Bris and had 2 Gardasil injections 3 months apart, an her 3rd in Udon this week. Pap smears aren't conducted here to the same level, It wouldn't be a bad idea to encourage the old lady to make the visit and also get the Gardasil treatment. Cervical cancer is a killer here.

No. I don't work for CSL.mellow.png

Edited by lahgon29

when nobody ever checks the road side food stalls about their oils, maximise profit = use them way to many days and times, that you as a customer gets sick or cancer, that is your problem, i guess, their way of thinking...

what about those people eating spicy everyday = stomac cancer, but hey, they are addicted...

medicine you buy over the counter, antibiotics and others for a cold... no use but can do severe damage, etc...

goodnight

Where did you come up with this idea that Chili causes Stomach cancer??? The 1994 Mexican study? it was discredited. mak mak. Only good comes from chilis, mate. read the serious research. Stomach cancer in countries like Mexico and Thailand emanate from Helicopter pylori, mostly. The rest of what you say is mostly right.

Listening to 'The Cure', avoiding grey balls, getting an HPV jab and eating grapes, or this:

Not a lot of analysis out there on the role of glucose and its fueling of most (but not all) tumors.

All carbohydrates increase glucose levels... Thai's and most cultures sure love sweet tastes and their carbs like rice.

http://www.canceract...se feeds cancer

The human body is only 2-3% glucose but humans sure like to eat a lot carbs even if they are not active enough to deplete it.

Spot on Cobra.

Aaaah, now we get somewhere, you are all thinking. Glucose does indeed play a massive part in feeding tumour cells. There is a toxin contained in grape seed that cause a communication break in the link between the two mitochondria in cancer cells (healthy cells have only one mitochondria). When the link is severed between the two in a cancer cell, the cell will die. The problem has always been how to get the toxin into the cancer cell, which will reject it under normal circumstances. Bring in the humble grape !!! The purple variety being the most potent. The grapes must be eaten either whole or mulch up a glass full in the blender and take every two hours, between 0830 and 2000 hrs ONLY. After 8pm nothing at all but water must be consumed.

In the first few days you are taking this nectar of nature, all the cells in your body will become addicted to the sweet, sugary, easy source of glucose. By fasting for 12 hours at night you literally cause the cells to become ravenous with hunger for this grape concoction. Cancer cells are stronger and more hungry than normal cells (think of them as the cuckoo in the robins nest). With your first few glasses or meals of grape mulch/grapes the cancer cells will take all the nutrients first, so hungry they ignore their normal fussy checks. In the grape mulch are the many toxins that we need to get in to the cancer cells (these chemicals are NOT toxic to normal cells), and these are swallowed up in the early morning feeding frenzy by the cancer cells.

Result cancer cells completely eradicated in 5 weeks. This method kills only cancer cells/bad cells it causes no harm to healthy cells. Chemo kills all cells, thats why you get so ill. For serious stage cancer such as 4+ it may be necessary to do 5-6 weeks, then break for 2-4 weeks then do another 5-6 weeks. I know many people that have followed this procedure strictly and every single one now has no trace of cancer left. This is a huge dichotomy for Big Pharma, the humble grape at $3-4 a kilo kills cancer! All BP can do is spread disinformation about real alternative cures to their own.

An adult male will need about 2.5 kilos a day and a woman about 2 kg. Please remember to wash the grapes in warm water with lots of baby soap (you can use baby soap for washing vegetables..look at the bottle), use a soft brush and wash then properly, no need doing all that good to you and then ingesting all the sprays and insecticides is there. Whop them in the fridge and when very cold...wow! awesome as they are or simply blended. Remember to crush and eat the seeds (and no, grape seeds do NOT cause appendicitis wink.png ) Good luck!

After 27 years in the health industry, you've blown my balls off!!! All the lives that could have been saved! My God, If we'd only known! My father in law heard about the Paw paw fruit tea, and died drinking that. The Apricot seed was another "cure" that stopped another couple of patients I knew from accepting radium and Chemo. They died. Cancer sufferers sometimes go into remission for many reasons. Some die. If you get the big C, you take the seeds, mate. I'll try the whole gamut of options.unsure.png

• Like 1

Look resveratrol is well known. It is in grape juice NOT seeds. It is not a wonder drug and does not "cure cancer". There are many claims made for resveratrol which are exaggerated and hyped up by the popular press. It has been shown to have mild beneficial effects in a number of animal and cellular studies, but certainly no miracle cures and it's value in long term human disease is still rather uncertain. It is well known and certainly well known to me.

That is not the point of my post. Grape juice, like other fruit juice is "good for you". I drink it myself. This is not what the post I was objecting to was saying.

This is a huge claim and it is rubbish. (Resveratrol is definitely not a cancer cure, it's in grape skins not seeds anyway).

He stated mad non-facts about mitochondria in cancer cells, getting the facts completely wrong, and yet stating that these untrue facts were the basis of the way his "cancer cure " worked.

If he had posted "Grape juice is quite good for you" of course I wouldn't object.

He made stupid untrue claims that could seriously mislead gullible people. What I say still stands . That post is crap from beginning to end.

I did not make any stupid untrue claims!

In the 1930's Dr Otto Heinrich Warburg won the nobel prize for proving that cancer cells, consumed 15 times more glucose and other sugars than ordinary cells. It was shown that if certain chemicals could be included with the glucose/sugars there was a likely hood the cancer cell would accept it.

The nutrients in grapes which are known to possess anti-cancer properties are:

ellagic acid,

catechin,

quercetin,

oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPC) or procyanidolic oligomers (PCO), originally called: pycnogenol (seeds),

resveratrol (skin coloring of purple grapes),

pterostilbene,

selenium,

lycopene,

lutein,

laetrile (amygdalin or Vitamin B17) (seeds)

beta-carotene,

caffeic acid and/or ferulic acid (together they kill cancer cells), and

gallic acid

No where in my post did I say reservatrol was in the seeds!

A vital element in the process are the OPC's, THEY are what come in the grape seeds.

Why are you suggesting that I think globules of grape mulch go into the blood stream? do you get globules of fillet steak going into the blood stream? No where in my post did I say that?

OPC's and reservatrol help kill the mechanism that stops michochonria in cancer cells from creating Adenosine Triphosphate or ATP molecules. The only way for the cancer cell to create ATP's are via a different mechanism, producing abnormal behaviour. Once the cell is able to revert to normal production of ATP's its behaviour reverts back to that of a normal healthy cell.

Fin

Now if you want debate, or clarification or you disagree then ask, there are ways to progress a discussion without displaying one's self in such an aggressive know it all manner (and you don't!).

I think you will find that if you re-read the posts carefully you will find one or two members who are saying that they have seen this work. There are plants in the amazon that possess the key to the most profound cure systems that have been developed, so much so that Big Pharma have permenent deployment of teams trying to find out what and why various plants and extracts actually do.

Now take off the blinkers and think! Does chemo work...sometimes, are there other things that may work...definitely.

Next time how about you be a little more civilised and play the ball, not the player!

Edited to add lahgon29

Nowhere did I say in any post that this type of program was designed to be used to the exclusion of the others. In fact go back and search the thread, in an earlier post I said I do not advocate anyone skipping Chemo for this but absolutely no harm can be done by including this program in your treatment. Can you guys get off your high horses and check before you start slagging off!

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 1

Then how to explain what happened to the old man in hospital with a terminal cancer.

The Dr's said he should go home to die and that he would need McMillan nursing services to administer pain control. The Dr gave him a couple of weeks.

However, the Dr didn't tell the man about the seriousness of his condition and the man's health improved to the point where he no longer had cancer.

Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Also, as the 108 yr old lady said "Stay away from Doctors - they'll kill you"

I read about someone going on a water only diet for months and getting cured. The body was so starved that it consumed the cancer - or not - who cares, as long as it works.

I read that death from prescription drugs is a leading cause of death in the USA.

Believe what you like but why tell folk that something that might work is rubbish?

In the 2009, March edition of The New Scientist (if I remember correctly) there was an article about The Nobo Effect. (The opposite of the placebo effect.) The article suggested that medics should be rather more careful what they tell their patients. Apparently, various studies show that the most people who get the side effects from medication, are the ones who read the leaflet.

The mind is more powerful than you seem to give it credit for.

Now if you were to say "I can't see how that would work but good luck". then I wouldn't complain....

but to put a total dampener on any possibility seems a bit much.

BTW you WILL die one day - yes I know that, me too, but there's a time and a place to say stuff like that.

Edited by laislica

Cancer – Did you know?

Did you know, that a major cause of ovarian cancer in women and young women in Thailand is the obsession with using copious amounts of talcum powder. It is also a cause of lung cancer and other respiratory diseases. Talcum powder is very similar to the asbestos series of particles. In all Thai schools, especially with young children, they insist on slapping talcum powder on the kids faces before the kids leave school. Tell them to stop doing it to your child and to stop doing it at all if possible. If the Director of the school does not listen then print off one of the many internet articles available on this subject and place it firmly in there hands.

From this article,it would appear that your link to Cancer from Talcum Powder may have a connection,but reseach is inconclusive.

http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-talcum-powder.htm#slideshow

Cancer – Did you know?

Did you know, that a major cause of ovarian cancer in women and young women in Thailand is the obsession with using copious amounts of talcum powder. It is also a cause of lung cancer and other respiratory diseases. Talcum powder is very similar to the asbestos series of particles. In all Thai schools, especially with young children, they insist on slapping talcum powder on the kids faces before the kids leave school. Tell them to stop doing it to your child and to stop doing it at all if possible. If the Director of the school does not listen then print off one of the many internet articles available on this subject and place it firmly in there hands.

Just done a quick search and there does seem to be a lot of evidence on the harmful effects of talc. Oh well, chucked the salt down the toilet after seeing a program on the increase of blood pressure if we take salt, but more to the point, the fact that if you take too much salt from a young age it will cause high blood pressure problems to start earlier.

It helps to get your mind right. Say every day,with feeling,"I am perfectly healthy in every way".Say this seven times a day and soon you will get a surge of good health. Forbid yourself to be ill! Your sub-concious mind will do its best to keep your mind and body healthy.

Welcome to Thaivisa Mr Dyerwai2.gifclap2.gif

I did not make any stupid untrue claims!

In the 1930's Dr Otto Heinrich Warburg won the nobel prize for proving that cancer cells, consumed 15 times more glucose and other sugars than ordinary cells. It was shown that if certain chemicals could be included with the glucose/sugars there was a likely hood the cancer cell would accept it.

The nutrients in grapes which are known to possess anti-cancer properties are:

Firstly you did. You said normal cells have ONE mitochondrion and cancer cells have TWO and toxins in grape seeds sever the link between the two. Sorry, but this is totally untrue, and so far from being sensible it has to be called stupid.

Quote : There is a toxin contained in grape seed that cause a communication break in the link between the two mitochondria in cancer cells (healthy cells have only one mitochondria). When the link is severed between the two in a cancer cell, the cell will die.

Secondly your claim about cells 'accepting' chemicals more readily with glucose isn't true. I don't know where you got this idea, but in any case cells in the body are bathed in glucose all the time, so there is never a state where glucose isn't there. So it's irrelevant.

Thirdly giving a list of compounds with "anti cancer activity" in grapes doesn't prove anything. A similar list could be made for any number of fruits and plants. Jumping from this to a claim that grapes "cure cancer " is just baseless. ( My comments about resveratrol being in skin not seeds were directed at another poster. Nonetheless you claimed specifically it was a "toxin" in grape seeds that killed the cancer cells.)

OPC's and reservatrol help kill the mechanism that stops michochonria in cancer cells from creating Adenosine Triphosphate or ATP molecules. The only way for the cancer cell to create ATP's are via a different mechanism, producing abnormal behaviour. Once the cell is able to revert to normal production of ATP's its behaviour reverts back to that of a normal healthy cell.

This isn't right. Cancer cells do not revert to being normal healthy cells, because the whole point of a cancer cell, and why it uses so much glucose, is because it is dividing and replicating uncontrollably as a result of numbers of accumulated gene mutations. The fact that a cell is cancerous causes it to need extra glucose, the glucose changes aren't causing it to be cancerous. What you are trying to do with cancer cells is stop them dividing, usually by killing them.

In fact some types of cancer cells do have defective mitochondria, which cannot produce ATP effectively by oxidative respiration. They produce most of their ATP from glucose by anaerobic glycolysis which does not take place in mitochondria but in the cell cytoplasm. If you inhibit this process (non-mitochondrial glycolysis) that can cause cancer cells to die.

....Now take off the blinkers and think! Does chemo work...sometimes, are there other things that may work...definitely....

Edited to add lahgon29

Nowhere did I say in any post that this type of program was designed to be used to the exclusion of the others. In fact go back and search the thread, in an earlier post I said I do not advocate anyone skipping Chemo for this but absolutely no harm can be done by including this program in your treatment. Can you guys get off your high horses and check before you start slagging off!

Most importantly of all you stated , about your crushed grape cancer cure:

I know many people that have followed this procedure strictly and every single one now has no trace of cancer left.

I question the truth of this statement. I hope all these many people you know that followed the procedure strictly and are cancer-free didn't stop their other cancer treatments on your say so?

If they didn't, how do you know the miracle grape juice rather than their continuing medically prescribed treatment was the reason for their cure?

If they did stop their other cancer medications for grape juice, that would be appalling. This kind of possibility is what makes me so angry when people with little understanding of medicine or biology try to recommend unwise courses of action to sufferers with serious diseases.

Let me repeat once more. You have claimed here that you know how to treat and cure ALL cancers - with grapes.

This is not acceptable.

But I apologise if my annoyance tempted me into rudeness.

• Like 2

goodnight

Where did you come up with this idea that Chili causes Stomach cancer??? The 1994 Mexican study? it was discredited. mak mak. Only good comes from chilis, mate. read the serious research. Stomach cancer in countries like Mexico and Thailand emanate from Helicopter pylori, mostly. The rest of what you say is mostly right.

#

Helcobactor Pylori causes Duodenal Ulcers,and nowadays a course of Medication can cure,with no major operation necessary.Please show your evidence that said Helicobactor Pilori causes Cancer,which I have never heard of??? though I did have the Duodenal, Major operation.

goodnight

#

Helcobactor Pylori causes Duodenal Ulcers,and nowadays a course of Medication can cure,with no major operation necessary.Please show your evidence that said Helicobactor Pilori causes Cancer,which I have never heard of??? though I did have the Duodenal, Major operation.

Having researched my posting above,you are correct,in a small amount of cases 1-2 % Helcobactor Pylori cases can produce cancer,but in the majority of cases it's non cancerous stomach ulcers!

Of course, the rise in the prevalence of cancer could have something to do with this:

!

"Before Russia, Britain and America outlawed atmospheric testing on August 5, 1963, more than 4,200 kilograms of plutonium had been discharged into the atmosphere. Because we know that less than one microgram [millionth of a single gram] of inhaled plutonium causes terminal lung cancer in a human, we therefore know that your friendly government has lofted 4,200,000,000 [4.2 Billion] lethal doses into the atmosphere, with particle radioactive half-life a minimum of 50,000 years."

"The plutonium mentioned above exists in the actual nuclear weapon before detonation, but by far the greatest number of deadly radioactive particles are those derived from common dirt or sand sucked up from the ground, and irradiated while travelling vertically through the weapon's fireball."

"In most cases several tons of material are sucked up and permanently irradiated in transit, but let us be incredibly conservative and claim that only 1,000 kilograms of surface material is sucked up by each individual atmospheric nuclear test."

"Before being banned by Russia, Britain and America, a total of 711 atmospheric nuclear tests were conducted, thereby creating 711,000 kilograms of deadly microscopic radioactive particles, to which must be added the original 4,200 kilograms from the weapons themselves, for a gross though very conservative total of 715,200 kilograms. There are more than a million lethal doses per kilogram, meaning that your governments have contaminated your atmosphere with more than 715,000,000,000 [715 Billion] such doses, enough to cause lung or skin cancer 117 times in every man, woman and child on earth."

I haven't checked the veracity of these figures, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are correct.

It could certainly explain the massive rise in cancer over the last generation.

But then again, people are living longer, and cancer is a disease of old age. It might be as simple as that.

Edited by nisakiman

It appears one sure way to reduce the cancer rate in Thailand is to quit eating partially-cooked fish as previously discussed here and elsewhere. Another might be quit eating radiated food from Japan and elsewhere.

This news report has no meaning to me. We all know that cancer cells are present in our body since birth but our immune system keeps them in check. Cancer cells kill when our immune system is too weak to battle on.

This report can only make me infer that the life span of the average Thai has increased, so weaker immune system and more cancer death.

Total nonsense.

The primary cause is eating too much meat as well as the increasing popularity unhealthy American-style, man-made fake foods. The main cure is limiting the consumption of meat and maximizing fresh, raw fruit and vegetables.

But then again, people are living longer, and cancer is a disease of old age. It might be as simple as that.

Hmm... Not quite sure I agree with either of these statements. Folks are getting cancer younger and younger these days. And the average life span of some (western) kids (certain demographics in the US I)is decreasing (meaning they will die before the age their parents reach)!

Total nonsense.

The primary cause is eating too much meat as well as the increasing popularity unhealthy American-style, man-made fake foods. The main cure is limiting the consumption of meat and maximizing fresh, raw fruit and vegetables.

I agree with the man-made fake foods, the industial seed oils, the copious amounts of empty calorie foods, soda and white bread. BUT, HOW does meat cause cancer???

It's so easy to blame something like fat or salt, and now MEAT, as 'bad' - but research is now showing that in fact, all three of these are 'good' because they are natural, and were part of our ancestors diet for many, many years.

How do you explain the Innuit's rate of cancer, or the Mongolians. People who ate MEAT all their lives, and yet wen't dropping dead of cancer!

If we go back to the 'sugar idea' that Cobra mentioned, and which I agree with (along with the fake-man-made-crap) I think that eating copious amounts of fructose is a really bad idea. In other words, avoid eating loads of FRUIT, that includes (and especially) juices and smoothies - Not meat! (As long as the meat is organic, pastured and natural).

Take the nutrient content of LIVER:

http://chriskresser.com/natures-most-potent-superfood

It is a powerhouse of nutrients, waaay more than any fruit or vegetable. Now, liver isn't eaten much these days, but it USED to be! And the Thai's used to eat it raw (still do in very rural areas). High-nutient dense food - what a great way to fight off the cancer cells (that I've read are present in our systems most of the time).

If eating right prevents cancer by boosting our immunity and making us healthier and stronger, what does eating wrong do? Weaken us? Prevent us from fighting off infection? Could THIS be why the cancer rate is increasing? In which case it's ABSURD to BLAME meat.

Offal, fish roe, eggs, fish are all chock-full of nutrients. (Which people rarely eat) while SUGAR has NOTHING (and folk eat it all the time!)

Edited by SundayAfternoon

How do you explain the Innuit's rate of cancer, or the Mongolians. People who ate MEAT all their lives, and yet wen't dropping dead of cancer!

Comments please

Just 1 snippet of data available for al to read.

"Inuit Greenlanders, who historically have had limited access to fruits and vegetables, have the worst longevity statistics in North America. Research from the past and present shows that they die on the average about 10 years younger and have a higher rate of cancer than the overall Canadian population.1…

…We now know that greatly increasing the consumption of vegetables, legumes, fruits, and raw nuts and seeds (and greatly decreasing the consumption of animal products) offers profound increased longevity potential, due in large part to broad symphony of life-extending phytochemical nutrients that a vegetable-based diet contains. By taking advantage of the year-round availability of high-quality plant foods, we have a unique opportunity to live both healthier and longer than ever before in human history."

Edited by Artisi