Cancer Is Top Killer Of Thais Among All Diseases

webfact

Gentlemen, I just checked the label on this thread - it's past it's sell by date.

wish XYLOPHONE and PARTINGTON all the best for their future.

I thank GENTLEMANJIM, TOLLEY and all the other posters for their contributions, I have learned a lot.However, I will not take any further part in this thread, because the thread is no longer productive, has descended below the level of a children's playground and has, of it'self, become toxic.

There is a time and place for everything and we seem to have long forgotten the OP.

Time for another thread?

Goodnight and may your God go with you. (Dave Allen)

Iaislica

Thanks also for your input.

From the genius himself thumbsup.gif

l

• Like 1

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Medicine is moving toward the use of "Big Data" bases combined with the clinical knowledge base, including genomic data, in order to create evidence based decision support systems to help the doctor choose the best cancer treatment plan with the aid of "Watson". I wonder if Thailand is participating via Blue Cross/Well Point or otherwise?

http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/40335.wss

4000 YEARS of MEDICINE

2000 BC: Here, eat this root.

1000 AD: That root is heathen! Here, say this prayer.

1865 AD: That prayer is superstition! Here, drink this potion

1935 AD: That potion is snake oil! Here, swallow this pill.

1975 AD: That pill is ineffective! Here take this antibiotic.

2000 AD: That antibiotic is poison! Here, eat this root.

• Like 1

4000 YEARS of MEDICINE

Problem being disease has morphed and moved on.....the root is now a liittle dated and requires enhancement

4000 YEARS of MEDICINE

That is of course nonsense. I just got back from the hospital and no one gave me a root. A lot of quacks out there pushing roots always has been.

As highlighted lifestyle also to blame; no exercise, poor diet, taking meals at any time of the day... just general indiscipline towards life.

Snacking causes cancer? Really? Can you enlighten us as to how many times and when we should eat to avoid cancer?

BTW my TGF insists toast more than dark brown is a definite cause of cancer. Not sure if this applies to midnight cheese and Vegemite.

Some macro-biotic guys I worked with believe

eating 8-10 small meals a day, each of one single item,

but all combined and timed were giving a truly balance diet.

Each food was ingested individually, so that the body didn't compete for gathering the nutrients,

but that properly sequenced combining meant that;

as one came in and was assimilated, one that worked with it came in shortly after

and they co-joined without interference from other digestive/assimilation processes.

They believed that 'mixing foods together unscientifically' in the classic 3 meal per day scenario,

actually left much waste products, and unintended carcinogenic interactions, thus storing bad

substances in our colon and other organs, and this makes cancer much more likely.

So what if Steak and Potatoes and Gravy is traditional in many places,

that doesn't mean it is good for you in that combination.

Add to that environmental factors like plastics and solvents in the water we are ready to melt down.

A very good lead in for my contribution, not a cure, I am for assisting prevention, and start young, so......a high fibre diet to me is extremely beneficial, coupled with plenty of water, as I say not a solution but there is reasoning that suggests a high fibre diet will reduce the "unintended carcinogenic interactions", and assist in preventing "storing bad substances in our colon and other organs " as mentioned in the post above. I would suggest as diet changes the world over 'high fibre' input is lowering, in Thailand specificaly the use of fully husked white rice as staple diet, alongside processed meat products. But I also must acknowledge that the Thai I am involved with do eat vegetables (Raw) and fruit on an almost daily basis. I have no idea of the rate of cancer but there are many old people in the village, and most deaths appear to be old age, accident, and the very occasional 'unexplained'

Muselli with bio yogurt for breakfast with a little banana or fuji apple,

and brown whole rice whenever possible in spite of the family liking white rice.

• Like 1

You gotta die sometime, from something!

According to The World Bank, life expectancy in Thailand has risen to about 73, a jump of almost 20 years since 1960.

The onset of cancer occurs mostly (but, of coarse, not always) in a person's senior years. So to me, cancer being the number one cause of mortality in Thailand could be interpreted as a welcome statistic.

Ethiopia's life expectancy by comparison, is 55. Influenza, pneumonia and diarrhoea account for over 30 per cent of those deaths. The Ethiopian Government would probably be delighted if, some time in the future, cancer was to become the nation's biggest killer.

• Like 1

Quote laislica: "The bottom line is simple - if something works for someone - great.

If that something is beyond known scientific facts - so what?

It worked and who should say that it's fraudulent?"

Laislica, you are missing the point again and it must be on purpose, surely???

Taking your points above...............without research who knows if the "something" really was responsible?

If it is beyond scientific facts, how can you know how it worked and why?

How do you know it worked when it can't be replicated anywhere else and that it only worked on one man's say so?

I have a question. Let's say you believe that a diet of mango skins/carrots/red ant eggs, etc. will cure you of your cancer. As a result, that is all you eat for a month or two. Upon your next visit to the doctor, you are declared cancer free. Now we all (I should hope) know of the placebo effect, miracle cures from visiting Lourdes, etc. and other belief based cures/responses. Does the fact that you were cured not because of your diet, but rather your belief that the diet would cure you, make it wrong? That is, because you believe in the diet so strongly, it has a positive effect on the outcome even though there really is no medical basis for the diet.

Just askin’ cos I think it is an interesting subject.

Please be gentle with me!!!!!

• Like 2

Quote laislica: "The bottom line is simple - if something works for someone - great.

If that something is beyond known scientific facts - so what?

It worked and who should say that it's fraudulent?"

Laislica, you are missing the point again and it must be on purpose, surely???

Taking your points above...............without research who knows if the "something" really was responsible?

If it is beyond scientific facts, how can you know how it worked and why?

How do you know it worked when it can't be replicated anywhere else and that it only worked on one man's say so?

I have a question. Let's say you believe that a diet of mango skins/carrots/red ant eggs, etc. will cure you of your cancer. As a result, that is all you eat for a month or two. Upon your next visit to the doctor, you are declared cancer free. Now we all (I should hope) know of the placebo effect, miracle cures from visiting Lourdes, etc. and other belief based cures/responses. Does the fact that you were cured not because of your diet, but rather your belief that the diet would cure you, make it wrong? That is, because you believe in the diet so strongly, it has a positive effect on the outcome even though there really is no medical basis for the diet.

Just askin’ cos I think it is an interesting subject.

Please be gentle with me!!!!!

Oh how I really HATE it when someone comes along and says so clearly what I have been mumbling about forever.

Thank you sir, You got it!

‘Sit down before facts like a child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abysses Nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.’

— Thomas Huxley

‘No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit.’

— Helen Keller

‘Sit down before facts like a child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abysses Nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.’

— Thomas Huxley

‘No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit.’

— Helen Keller

I think you are saying one has to be like an uneducated child to believe some of the unscientific nonsense that has been posted here and I would agree with you on that point.

— Thomas Huxley

— Helen Keller

it's a good point about having beginners mind to consider new answers.

The reality however is it often takes thousands of hypothesis(theories) to find one that has legs and will be accepted. Obviously the ratio depends on the activity in a given field of study.

It's great when a new theory is attempted because even the big failures yield new knowledge in the process of proving it false.

It's often just a colossal waste of time to invest time and resource in an unproven theory that later is considered weak or unproductive.

Believe me I have made the mistake many many times and perhaps have finally learned a lesson in postponing judgement and action.

— Thomas Huxley

— Helen Keller

The reality however is it often takes thousands of hypothesis(theories) to find one that has legs and will be accepted. Obviously the ratio depends on the activity in a given field of study.

It's great when a new theory is attempted because even the big failures yield new knowledge in the process of proving it false.

It's often just a colossal waste of time to invest time and resource in an unproven theory that later is considered weak or unproductive.

Believe me I have made the mistake many many times and perhaps have finally learned a lesson in postponing judgement and action.

People go to college and study under professors who are experts in the field. People don't go to college and study under people who are beginners.

— Thomas Huxley

— Helen Keller

People go to college and study under professors who are experts in the field. People don't go to college and study under people who are beginners.

laislica

you tried! you tried! Banging your head on the wall kinda hurts doesn't it :D

• Like 1

— Thomas Huxley

— Helen Keller

laislica

you tried! you tried! Banging your head on the wall kinda hurts doesn't it biggrin.png

My old Dad used to say that there are some people who, if their brains were turned into gunpowder, wouldn't have enough to ruffle their hair.....

Well, that was him and me, why I never even think such a thing.

(He does have a point though)

Why am I expecting some "Expert" to explain that gunpowder varies in it's potency due to many variables such as.......

I wonder if anyone knows what DILLIGAF means?

Recently here in the US on a main street news channel that there had been a cure found for cancer. I also remember a news broadcast about 4-5 years ago stating that there had been a cure for cancer found....needless to say it was never followed up on. But something interesting was said on the broadcast....that the pharmaceutical companied would NOT be producing the medication because it could not be patented, seeing it was too cheap to produce!!!

There has been a cure for cancer for many years but the companies that have vested interest in cancer will NOT allow it to be eradicated! The FDA and the US government are all in cahoots together in blocking any and all cures for cancer...and most all other diseases.

Interesting reading.... http://rense.com/general95/cures_dev.html

• Like 1

There is probably enough radiation being intentionally released and leaking out of nuclear power plants, research and weapons factories around the world to give everyone cancer. I will continue to take supplements including Vitamin D3, Magnesium, Calcium, etc. to delay the inevitable as long as possible.

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/?o=3554

• Like 1

There is probably enough radiation being intentionally released and leaking out of nuclear power plants, research and weapons factories around the world to give everyone cancer. I will continue to take supplements including Vitamin D3, Magnesium, Calcium, etc. to delay the inevitable as long as possible.

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/?o=3554

A great idea, the supplements would help to ensure a strong immune system.

With a strong immune system, your own body spots cancerous cells and removes them.

I'm very pro D3 and take it even though I always live in a sunny climate but I have read that in addition to the calcium, you need K as well, a natural source is dark green leafy veg.

The D3 helps the body to absorb calcium and the K "tells" the calcium to go into bone rather than lining your arteries.

To know if your arteries are hardening, check the difference in systolic and diastolic readings on BP. The ideal difference is 40 (120/80), with age 150/90 is quite common, and would not need meds but see the difference is up to 60 now. When you are young, the arteries are flexible the heart pumps and the arteries expand to accept the blood, the heart does not have to exert a great pressure to push a heart load of blood out. The heart valve closes and the arteries contract again to continue delivering the blood. With age and calcification, that expansion is restricted, the heart has to push harder to get the blood out, hence the higher readings.

The BBC Horizon program did a study involving 6 men with erectile dysfunction Their MRI scans showed a considerable amount of calcification in their arteries. They had to eat 6 cloves of raw, crushed garlic daily for 6 weeks. The MRI scans then showed a great reduction in calcification and 5 out of 6 no longer suffered from ED.

The garlic is also a great boost for the immune system and therefore helps with cancer avoidance.

• Like 1

Seems like this thread has turned into quack cancer cures discussed by people with absolutely no medical training instead of, Cancer a killer of Thais. OK by me but don't you think you might open another thread to attract readers who are into reading that type of stuff?

Some useful info here and there, according to Dr. CMK, no one has any knowledge on the subject, A new thread to be opened for Dr. CMK on the REAL prevention of cancer, and to correct other posters points of view ??

Seems like this thread has turned into quack cancer cures discussed by people with absolutely no medical training instead of, Cancer a killer of Thais. OK by me but don't you think you might open another thread to attract readers who are into reading that type of stuff?

Some useful info here and there, according to Dr. CMK, no one has any knowledge on the subject, A new thread to be opened for Dr. CMK on the REAL prevention of cancer, and to correct other posters points of view ??

Try reading, Quackwatch; questionable cancer cures by Dr. S Barrett. http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/cancer.html

In any event what does it have to do with the topic? Post all you like. All I am saying is have an accurate title of the thread like Quack cancer cures or Alternative medicine in Thailand, or .......

I am surprised they have reached the stage of having computers in your world CMK, and that they have even taught you to read. There are few people that would complain at a post giving dietary information intended to improve your health, the contents of which can be checked. The thread is attracting readers with an interest in Cancer, who are evaluating ways to perhaps prevent it, a wise course of personal action don't you think? There are then others who frequent the thread with a self gratifying sense of superiority who just wish to slag every poster off.

• Like 1

Try reading, Quackwatch; questionable cancer cures by Dr. S Barrett. http://www.quackwatc...ics/cancer.html

In any event what does it have to do with the topic? Post all you like. All I am saying is have an accurate title of the thread like Quack cancer cures or Alternative medicine in Thailand, or .......

Why don't you read a little about Quackwatch and Dr Steven Barrett....a retired Psychiatrist no less who appears to be having his legal bills paid for by someone as he has lost several multi million dollar class actions already. Deep pockets for a retired Psychiatrist, unless the rumours are true that he is doing the bidding and s**t stirring for Big Pharma! I can choose what I wish in terms of lifestyle and prevention of disease and I KNOW that there are cures for cancer outside chemo and radiation, and believe me, the big C will not get me, but those who truly believe that there fate rests in the hands of Big Pharma will succumb to its ravages, and when they are gone, they will have made a difference.....to the bottom line of big Pharma....and Dr Steven Barrett.

Edited by GentlemanJim

I am surprised they have reached the stage of having computers in your world CMK, and that they have even taught you to read. There are few people that would complain at a post giving dietary information intended to improve your health, the contents of which can be checked. The thread is attracting readers with an interest in Cancer, who are evaluating ways to perhaps prevent it, a wise course of personal action don't you think? There are then others who frequent the thread with a self gratifying sense of superiority who just wish to slag every poster off.

And there are others who know this is a Thai forum and have read the topic, "cancer is top killer of Thais." Thai cancer scams might be a good topic for you to consider. I don't think there is too much in English though. I go to a hospital once a month. I see the little Thai kids in the toy cars with the IV hookups. I don't think it is too funny, sorry. I think cancer in Thailand belongs in the discussion of approved medical procedures. There are enough which doctor types in Thailand as it is.

Try reading, Quackwatch; questionable cancer cures by Dr. S Barrett. http://www.quackwatc...ics/cancer.html

Why don't you read a little about Quackwatch and Dr Steven Barrett....a retired Psychiatrist no less who appears to be having his legal bills paid for by someone as he has lost several multi million dollar class actions already. Deep pockets for a retired Psychiatrist, unless the rumours are true that he is doing the bidding and s**t stirring for Big Pharma! I can choose what I wish in terms of lifestyle and prevention of disease and I KNOW that there are cures for cancer outside chemo and radiation, and believe me, the big C will not get me, but those who truly believe that there fate rests in the hands of Big Pharma will succumb to its ravages, and when they are gone, they will have made a difference.....to the bottom line of big Pharma....and Dr Steven Barrett.

I agree with you. Take the whole discussion quack or not quack somewhere else unless it is related to Thailand.

And there are others who know this is a Thai forum and have read the topic, "cancer is top killer of Thais." Thai cancer scams might be a good topic for you to consider. I don't think there is too much in English though. I go to a hospital once a month. I see the little Thai kids in the toy cars with the IV hookups. I don't think it is too funny, sorry. I think cancer in Thailand belongs in the discussion of approved medical procedures. There are enough which doctor types in Thailand as it is.

Do you know why all the Thai kids in the hospitals have iv hook ups? Because in order to claim medical insurance for the kids, they have to be admitted to hospital and the insurance companies do not deem them ill enough without an IV hook up, so the first thing they do when you take your kid in with a bad cough and cold is say...ooooh we recommend we admit him/her, and stick an IV in. Do you know how bad for your health it is for a healthy person who does not need an IV to be given one? The surfeit of IVs given to Thais are so that insurance companies have to pay up.

Edited by GentlemanJim

]Some useful info here and there, according to Dr. CMK, no one has any knowledge on the subject, A new thread to be opened for Dr. CMK on the REAL prevention of cancer, and to correct other posters points of view ??

I agree with you. Take the whole discussion quack or not quack somewhere else unless it is related to Thailand.

But CMK, the thread is going where the contributors want it to go and it is deemed important enough that the thread has been allowed to go there. You have a choice, read another thread, stop opening this one.