Whats Up With The Weather These Days?

thenervoussurgeon

its been a lovely cool day here again in Pattaya,looks like no air con again tonight.

What are you talking about? Pattaya weather station reported a low of 25.3, and a high of 30.6 degrees today. It's too warm for the season. Maybe you haven't been to Pattaya for long, and don't know that the night temperatures used to be below 20 degrees for much of November till January. Haven't had a single such night for 3 years running. Unusual was the week of rain almost every day at the end of January, one a heavy downpour. A very large climate feature, the Asian NE monsoon has been a failure this dry season. If that's not climate change, what is?

• Like 1

its been a lovely cool day here again in Pattaya,looks like no air con again tonight.

What are you talking about? Pattaya weather station reported a low of 25.3, and a high of 30.6 degrees today. It's too warm for the season. Maybe you haven't been to Pattaya for long, and don't know that the night temperatures used to be below 20 degrees for much of November till January. Haven't had a single such night for 3 years running. Unusual was the week of rain almost every day at the end of January, one a heavy downpour. A very large climate feature, the Asian NE monsoon has been a failure this dry season. If that's not climate change, what is?

Dont care what they reported it was cooler than this time last year,and i have lived here full time for 7 years ,no air con last night ,nice and cool.smile.png

Its the weather, but make it politically correct and include "man made" if you want.

Definately a much longer cool season than there has been in BK for for a long time.

Not really a surprise with global temps remaining flat for more than 15 years and the climate looking likely to go into a cooling period over the next few decades.

Where I came from what I did depended greatly on the weather so I came to understand how things worked.

There we have something called the southern oscillation which means that weather patterns move from north to south and back again over a period of years.

I suspect after watching for a few years that the same happens in this part of the world.

That would be why we had floods in 2010 - 11 with heavy rain in the north of the country.

Then last year the main rain had moved south so the CP river did not rise to the level of the previous 2 years. Flooding mostly in BKK where the heave rain was.

If this continues then it is likely that there will be less rain in the north this year and of course corresponding lower winter temps in the north at this time of the year.

There is a guage down by the river here that shows the level of the river in previous years and I see that the high river level occurs every 4 to 5 years.

I wait to see If what I suspect is correct.

It's called weather

Well at last ,we put the air con on last night for an hour or two ,but the weather still seems cooler for the time of year ,my daughter back home in Britain says that its bitterly cold though.

Why are you concerend about it you weirdo?

Don't worry, you will soon be dripping with sweat again, then you will be happy.

Well at last ,we put the air con on last night for an hour or two ,but the weather still seems cooler for the time of year ,my daughter back home in Britain says that its bitterly cold though.

Don't worry, you will soon be dripping with sweat again, then you will be happy.

God now your wierd if you remark about the weather ,if your so distressed by my post ,why read it ? now thats wierd .

• Like 1

God now your wierd if you remark about the weather ,if your so distressed by my post ,why read it ? now thats wierd .

You remind me of my old nan banging on about the weather. Go out and have a beer to take your mind off it.

You remind me of my old nan banging on about the weather. Go out and have a beer to take your mind off it.

He might be his ol Nan.

Warm today wasn't it.