Dtac Jungceylon

iSabai

There was a small DTAC shop downstairs at JC near all the banks and the 7-Eleven. Very convenient for me at times. My last time through there I noticed there is now a bank in that spot.

Anyone know if they've moved elsewhere in JC or just moved out altogether? Is there another DTAC office in Patong somewhere?

I recently went to the DTAC shop in Phuket Town, on a corner across from the Post Office. I walked up to one of the staff and asked him if he had a twin brother working at DTAC Jungceylon. He told me that office had closed already and that all of the staff were moved to the Phuket Town office. He also said they might open another office in Patong in the future but there were no definite plans yet.

• Like 1

I recently went to the DTAC shop in Phuket Town, on a corner across from the Post Office. I walked up to one of the staff and asked him if he had a twin brother working at DTAC Jungceylon. He told me that office had closed already and that all of the staff were moved to the Phuket Town office. He also said they might open another office in Patong in the future but there were no definite plans yet.

There is a Dtac office in the basement of BigC at the Bypass Road. Very helpful staff each time I go there.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, appreciate the info. I guess then that DTAC has pulled out of JC altogether. Bummer, as it was convenient for me sometimes, and their staff was friendly and helpful there.

And just so as not to make this a total waste of a thread, I have to say I've been pretty happy with DTAC's service after switching to them from AIS. My Thai friends all say, "AIS #1 in Thailand!", and I had been with AIS for years with no problems. But I had phone problems that forced me to try switching service providers for a remedy. As it turned out, it was a problem with my phone, and not the phone provider, which is a whole different story.

When I decided to try a different provider, I went to AIS and asked them about moving my same phone number to DTAC. I had the same number for a long time and didn't want to lose it. They were very helpful and gave me the document I needed (no charge) to bring to DTAC to change over.

I brought that to DTAC, and they charged me ฿99 for the changeover service, plus I had to wait for a few (I think 4) days for approval. They gave me a new SIM card and told me after 4 days to put that SIM in the phone and if approved, it should be okay and I could start using that number with them. That entire transition thing worked out great and I'm now using DTAC with my old number with no problems.

Two things about AIS that always bugged me was: 1) I would always end up losing ฿10 or ฿20 a month for no apparent reason, and for what I have no idea, and nobody at the AIS office could explain to me.

And, 2) I was constantly bombarded with promo SMS's and ads that drove me crazy every day. With DTAC I haven't had either problem (so far!). The only money I lose with DTAC is for calls I actually make, and I get maybe ~3 SMS ads a week as compared with 3 - 5 a day with AIS.

Anyhow, I don't know how their coverage is around the country, maybe they are weaker in other areas. But so far DTAC has been a pleasant surprise for me. And they even extended my usage date for one year for a cost of ฿24, good deal.

Thanks guys, appreciate the info. I guess then that DTAC has pulled out of JC altogether. Bummer, as it was convenient for me sometimes, and their staff was friendly and helpful there.

And just so as not to make this a total waste of a thread, I have to say I've been pretty happy with DTAC's service after switching to them from AIS. My Thai friends all say, "AIS #1 in Thailand!", and I had been with AIS for years with no problems. But I had phone problems that forced me to try switching service providers for a remedy. As it turned out, it was a problem with my phone, and not the phone provider, which is a whole different story.

When I decided to try a different provider, I went to AIS and asked them about moving my same phone number to DTAC. I had the same number for a long time and didn't want to lose it. They were very helpful and gave me the document I needed (no charge) to bring to DTAC to change over.

I brought that to DTAC, and they charged me ฿99 for the changeover service, plus I had to wait for a few (I think 4) days for approval. They gave me a new SIM card and told me after 4 days to put that SIM in the phone and if approved, it should be okay and I could start using that number with them. That entire transition thing worked out great and I'm now using DTAC with my old number with no problems.

Two things about AIS that always bugged me was: 1) I would always end up losing ฿10 or ฿20 a month for no apparent reason, and for what I have no idea, and nobody at the AIS office could explain to me.

And, 2) I was constantly bombarded with promo SMS's and ads that drove me crazy every day. With DTAC I haven't had either problem (so far!). The only money I lose with DTAC is for calls I actually make, and I get maybe ~3 SMS ads a week as compared with 3 - 5 a day with AIS.

Anyhow, I don't know how their coverage is around the country, maybe they are weaker in other areas. But so far DTAC has been a pleasant surprise for me. And they even extended my usage date for one year for a cost of ฿24, good deal.

Why didn't you just turn the SMS adds off? Pretty easy to do just call 1175 and follow the prompts.