Where2Buy Ms 4000 Ergonomic Keyboard?

phuketsub

I tried in vain to clean and repair my Microsoft 4000 Ergonomic Keyboard (see pic) then yesterday hit Central and all the shops at BigC seeking a replacement. None had any in stock and the few staff that went to the trouble to see if it could be ordered all said "no have" (eg in Bangkok)...if anyone knows where to buy in Phuket I would be much obliged...my wrists are hurting me already just by typing this.

I bought it here at IT City, but that has since closed down and the building now houses a bank.

I will go to Bangkok soon and understand that Pantip would be the best place to look, but I would really get one in Phuket asap...any help much appreciated.

post-40708-0-78033900-1359951490.jpg

That's quite a collection and some seem to have some ergonomic features, but I really need the one specified...I am starting to fear it is no longer available in Thailand sad.png

Below is a pic of the same model reassembled...this was the top Ergo Keyboard for a long time...where did they go?

post-40708-0-92167400-1359955751_thumb.j

That's quite a collection and some seem to have some ergonomic features, but I really need the one specified...I am starting to fear it is no longer available in Thailand sad.png

Below is a pic of the same model reassembled...this was the top Ergo Keyboard for a long time...where did they go?

I have the same keyboard. I ordered it in Phuket Town a few years ago from a freind of a freind of a freind, who is not around anymore. I am also in need of a new one, I have worn mine out. Let me know what you find..please. I will do some checking on my end too.

I have the same keyboard. I ordered it in Phuket Town a few years ago from a freind of a freind of a freind, who is not around anymore. I am also in need of a new one, I have worn mine out. Let me know what you find..please. I will do some checking on my end too.

It's a deal...if necessary maybe I can get one for each of us in Bangkok...if my hands don't fall off at the wrists by then

http://www.invadeit....gory/keyboards/

any of these do the job?

have a talk with them...they have online chat ...they can probably order one in for you.

will try, tx

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after an extensive search of Pantip Plaza I am afraid to say that neither this keyboard, nor its successor the Microsoft 7000, are available in Thailand. After visiting about 40 shops there I eventually did find a display model at IT City on the top floor, but the service girl said it was 'not real'. I assume she meant it was a display model. I challenged her to plug it in, and after she refused I told her to get the manager. I pleaded and pleaded, showing the scars on my wrists from my surgeries and how much I needed the keyboard for work. I tried to explain that if it is a demonstration unit for a model you no longer carry, why not just sell it off? They said "It doesn't belong to us, it belongs to Microsoft so we can't sell it". Probably the most frustrating shopping expedition I have ever experienced.

Anyway, I got my parents in the US to buy one (US$31) though Amazon.com and ship it out here, since Amazon doesn't ship to Thailand. Hopefully I won't get screwed by Customs.

Just fyi for anyone else who may need an ergonometric keyboard.

• Like 1