Phuket Fugitive Dane ' Denny' Knudsen Arrested

webfact

And you will be another knowledgeable Phuket resident then NamKangMan?????

Do you deny there has been a sharp increase in crime, particularly violent crime, on Phuket in recent years?

I do not deny anything including the sharp increase in social media and sensational reporting and continued

Phuket bashing by people who do not live here and thereby do not have the slightest clue what they are talking

about. There has not been any sharper a rise in crime, voilent or otherwise, in Phuket than there has been in

Bangkok or Patayya, or indeed south Thailand!!!!

If you don't live here then you don't know so please keep your lack of knowledge to yourself.

Nam Kang man does live here, but loves to talk trash about the place he choses to live. We now have the Phuket Gazette, Phuket Wan and the Phuket News as well as others who report all the news here. Where else in Thailand do you get three English language news sources as well as several Thai sources? No wonder everything that happens here is put under a microscope. But It's good to know what's going on. Although most Thai officials still stick their heads in the sand and don't read or listen to the complaints that have been made for years...

• Like 1

thumbsup.gif

Do you deny there has been a sharp increase in crime, particularly violent crime, on Phuket in recent years?

I do not deny anything including the sharp increase in social media and sensational reporting and continued

Phuket bashing by people who do not live here and thereby do not have the slightest clue what they are talking

about. There has not been any sharper a rise in crime, voilent or otherwise, in Phuket than there has been in

If you don't live here then you don't know so please keep your lack of knowledge to yourself.

Nam Kang man does live here, but loves to talk trash about the place he choses to live. We now have the Phuket Gazette, Phuket Wan and the Phuket News as well as others who report all the news here. Where else in Thailand do you get three English language news sources as well as several Thai sources? No wonder everything that happens here is put under a microscope. But It's good to know what's going on. Although most Thai officials still stick their heads in the sand and don't read or listen to the complaints that have been made for years...

Many thanks Jimi thumbsup.gifwai.gif

Edited by phuketjock
  • Like 1

It looks like we have moved on from the, "It could happen anywhere" to the, "You don't live here, what do you know" statements. smile.png

I do live here and my head is not in the sand and I don't wear glasses of a certain colour. :)

Edited by NamKangMan

Yes, I do live here, and yes, I live in Patong. Yes, I've also been told, "Patong is not Phuket." :) Well, Patong is Phuket, and a big part of Phuket. In any case, many violent crimes are happening in other areas of Phuket, not just Patong.

You say I "talk trash" but you will never read a ridiculous sweeping statement from me like, "Phuket is a sh*thole."

If the english print media are reporting more incidents of crime, is it possible that's because there are more incidents of crime to report here, and not just petty crimes, serious and/or violent crimes.

If I say there has been "a sharp increase in crime" I am criticisized for "moaning" - "talking trash" - "being negative" etc.

However, the below thread is running at the same time as this thread, and the Phuket Gazette states, "PHUKET: The recent surge in the number of violent crimes involving firearms needs to be addressed by authorities immediately"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/616562-phuket-opinion-stem-the-growing-tide-of-gun-crimes-in-phuket/

The PG uses the term "recent surge" and I use the term "sharp increase." Is the PG talking trash as well?

You don't believe everything you read, but, using this as an example, has there been more gun crime on Phuket recently or not? Sure, due to a higher population, you will get higher crime rates, but what I would like to know is if the crime has increased more on Phuket than in other areas of Thailand, per capita of increase in population.

The statistics from Thai officials can be rubbery, but, for example, last year, it was almost on a daily basis there was a fatal road accident on the island. Just reading the media, I do not remember fatal accidents being that frequent here in the past.

Certainly, serious crime is more prevalent in the media here in recent time.

I have been avoiding both Phuket and Pattaya/Jomtien for more than 10 years. There are so many other places in LOS. One good thing about Phuket and Pattaya is, that most of the "bad guys" seem to go there, which means that the rest of the country can breathe more freely. So far.

All three shoud be deported. The Australian Gun slingers should be in custody pending deportation. The Danish man should be held in custody until all of his crimes are processed.(so that those businesses damaged could be made whole). All three of them should be prohibited form re-entering Thaland during thier life time. This would be a likely sentence for simular offences committed in their countries..

Edited by indyuk

Yes, I do live here, and yes, I live in Patong. Yes, I've also been told, "Patong is not Phuket." smile.png Well, Patong is Phuket, and a big part of Phuket. In any case, many violent crimes are happening in other areas of Phuket, not just Patong.

You say I "talk trash" but you will never read a ridiculous sweeping statement from me like, "Phuket is a sh*thole."

If the english print media are reporting more incidents of crime, is it possible that's because there are more incidents of crime to report here, and not just petty crimes, serious and/or violent crimes.

If I say there has been "a sharp increase in crime" I am criticisized for "moaning" - "talking trash" - "being negative" etc.

However, the below thread is running at the same time as this thread, and the Phuket Gazette states, "PHUKET: The recent surge in the number of violent crimes involving firearms needs to be addressed by authorities immediately"

http://www.thaivisa....imes-in-phuket/

The PG uses the term "recent surge" and I use the term "sharp increase." Is the PG talking trash as well?

You don't believe everything you read, but, using this as an example, has there been more gun crime on Phuket recently or not? Sure, due to a higher population, you will get higher crime rates, but what I would like to know is if the crime has increased more on Phuket than in other areas of Thailand, per capita of increase in population.

The statistics from Thai officials can be rubbery, but, for example, last year, it was almost on a daily basis there was a fatal road accident on the island. Just reading the media, I do not remember fatal accidents being that frequent here in the past.

Certainly, serious crime is more prevalent in the media here in recent time.

If your take on Phuket upsets you so much, as it obviously does, WHY are you still here?????

Move to Samui/Bangkok/Patayya/Changmai/Laos or Cambodia, according to you there is much

less crime in all of those places. Bon Voyage NamKangMan, let us know how you fair in your

crime free areas??