Phuket Fugitive Dane ' Denny' Knudsen Arrested

webfact

Breaking News: Phuket fugitive Dane 'Denny' Knudsen arrested

Phuket Gazette

kn1.jpg

Dennis Knudsen has been arrested for breaking bail conditions, though police have declined to divulge details about the circumstances of his arrest. Photo: Gazette file

PHUKET: -- Patong Police Superintendent Chiraphat Pochanaphan has confirmed to the Phuket Gazette that wanted Danish national Dennis Mark Knudsen, 24, has been arrested by Phuket Police.

Mr Knudsen was wanted for breaking bail conditions after he failed to appear at Phuket Provincial Court on January 22 to resolve a dispute with Australians John Cohen and Adam Shea about a “big bike” worth about 300,000 baht (story here).

newsjs

Mr Knudsen’s failure to appear in court prompted Mr Cohen and Mr Shea to make a “pre-emptive strike” and hunt down the Danish national. That day, the Australians opened fire on Mr Knudsen on Soi Sansabai, near Patong’s renowned nightlife district on Soi Bangla, accidentally wounding two German tourists in the process. However, Mr Cohen and Mr Shea failed to hit their target: Denny Knudsen.

“Mr Knudsen was arrested in another part of the island yesterday,” Col Chiraphat told the Gazette.

“He has broken bail conditions set by the court and is now back in the court’s custody,” he added.

The Gazette has received unconfirmed reports that Mr Knudsen was arrested in Phuket after he trashed a hotel room in the Chalong area. Before going on the run last month, he reportedly trashed another hotel room in Patong to the tune of about 80,000 baht.

After police brought Mr Knudsen in to face unconfirmed charges yesterday, the officers realized he was wanted for breaking bail conditions and handed him over to the court, the Gazette was told.

However, Chalong Police Superintendent Krittapad Dej-intorrasorn today denied his officers were involved at all in the arrest, while Col Chiraphat in Patong declined to reveal where Mr Knudsen was taken into custody.

Patong Police Deputy Superintendent Akanit Danpitaksat confirmed to the Gazette, shortly after the attempted assassination, that police were not interested in questioning Mr Knudsen about why he would be targeted on the streets of Phuket (story here).

“Our investigation focuses only on the shooting incident,” Lt Col Akanoit said. “We have arrested the two suspects [Mr Cohen and Mr Shea] and we have their statements. We are now ready to transfer the case to the public prosecutor.

“The dispute over the [alleged] embezzlement is a separate case to be resolved as a civil matter in the court,” he added.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...sted-20134.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-02-04

So this is braking news at Thai visa. Bet you, you can find 80 more stories of foreigners on the run after not paying a bill or jumping bail on a bounced cheque. Who cares?

i realize it is difficult to keep up when there are so many words on the page, but this individual was the target in a public shooting which injured two Germans. The fact that he has been apprehended is indeed "braking" news.

I certainly could not 'care' less in the greater scheme of things, however i am interested in the story.

Edited by candypants

Guys like this are giving Phuket a very bad name I think it is time to deport him !!!!!!!!

Wrong thinking @crazykopite. It's NOT this kind of guys which gives Phuket a bad reputation. It's Phuket's long lasting bad reputation who attracts guys like him.

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcoffee1.gif

What a bunch of lowlifes, deport and blacklist the 3 of them. 2 for shooting after being unable to get back the loan, the other for trashing hotel rooms and stupid.

To the guy who asks who cares, I do. These scumbags are giving bad name to the rest of foreigners living here.

Guys like this are giving Phuket a very bad name I think it is time to deport him !!!!!!!!

Wrong thinking @crazykopite. It's NOT this kind of guys which gives Phuket a bad reputation. It's Phuket's long lasting bad reputation who attracts guys like him.

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcoffee1.gif

I disagree. I've lived here for 8 years. This idiot is just 24 years old. We didn't have the this type here much back then, nor did we have the Thais from all other provinces that are attracted to the tourist's money in such high numbers as we do now. It's pretty sad what greed breeds...

I disagree. I've lived here for 8 years. This idiot is just 24 years old. We didn't have the this type here much back then, nor did we have the Thais from all other provinces that are attracted to the tourist's money in such high numbers as we do now. It's pretty sad what greed breeds...

No worries Jimi007. Just the usual D-bags that know less than nothing, and don't live here.

• Like 1

And of course you and Michael are Phuket residents then?? being so knowledgeable???

• Like 1

Makes you wonder what Phuket will be like in another 8 years if it continues in this direction.

Makes you wonder what Phuket will be like in another 8 years if it continues in this direction.

I cannot answer that question, but I expect it will deteriorate, like many other places/countries all over the world. I call it 'the continuing breakdown of the social fabric of life'.

I cannot answer that question, but I expect it will deteriorate, like many other places/countries all over the world. I call it 'the continuing breakdown of the social fabric of life'.

I don't doubt that crime would be increasing elsewhere. The question is - is crime on Phuket increasing "out of line" with the rest of Thailand?

Edited by NamKangMan

And you will be another knowledgeable Phuket resident then NamKangMan?????

Do you deny there has been a sharp increase in crime, particularly violent crime, on Phuket in recent years?

Speaking from my own personal experience after living almost 17 years full time here on Phuket Island, it has not been a 'sharp' increase, more like a steady incremental increase. And like I say, this is not isolated to Phuket, this is a world wide trend.

• Like 1

I don't doubt that crime would be increasing elsewhere. The question is - is crime on Phuket increasing "out of line" with the rest of Thailand?

I can't answer that question with any personal experience. My wife tells me that back in her country village area, her sister and other family members worry about crime increase caused by local youth needing money to buy yabaa. As I previously said I believe there is breakdown in society everywhere. Cause - drugs, need for quick money to buy the new necessities in life (phone/Ipad) and the rest of life's little luxuries.

Do you deny there has been a sharp increase in crime, particularly violent crime, on Phuket in recent years?

Speaking from my own personal experience after living almost 17 years full time here on Phuket Island, it has not been a 'sharp' increase, more like a steady incremental increase. And like I say, this is not isolated to Phuket, this is a world wide trend.

You wouldn't say violent crime (murder, rape, armed robbery, bag snatches, muggings, serious assault etc) as well as drug abuse has increased sharply in the last couple of years?

Edited by NamKangMan

I can't answer that question with any personal experience. My wife tells me that back in her country village area, her sister and other family members worry about crime increase caused by local youth needing money to buy yabaa. As I previously said I believe there is breakdown in society everywhere. Cause - drugs, need for quick money to buy the new necessities in life (phone/Ipad) and the rest of life's little luxuries.

I think with an inept and/or corrupt police service, and cashed up foreigners on holidays, a lot of criminals are operating on Phuket now with impunity.

What a lowlife scum and a pathetic creature............................................................but there is probably people who`s gonna stick up for this vermon !!!.

I think I would never say these words on TV : "Lock him up up and throw away the key" !!!!!!

Wow. I just got back from two hours of relaxing on the beach with my wife and dog and returned to the constant whining about what's wrong with Phuket and the world. Enjoy life while you can, it is too short. Get out and live it...

• Like 2

So this guy is responsible for Phuket's troubles, that makes perfect sense......to you.

He is a big part of the problem. Tourist destinations attract all kinds of slime. International as well as domestic... Phuket is a province, not some town. There are many areas of this island with all types of people that come here for many reasons. Sometimes comments from people who have no clue about the area and don't live here are irritating to those of us who have a clue and do live on this rather large island...

I do not deny anything including the sharp increase in social media and sensational reporting and continued

Phuket bashing by people who do not live here and thereby do not have the slightest clue what they are talking

about. There has not been any sharper a rise in crime, voilent or otherwise, in Phuket than there has been in

Bangkok or Patayya, or indeed south Thailand!!!!

If you don't live here then you don't know so please keep your lack of knowledge to yourself.