2Nd Hand Gigabyte Gtx460 Oc

damole

I have a Gigabyte GTX460 OC in my gaming PC which is over two years old which is still a great card and plays most of my games at 1920x1080 even if with the settings on high rather than max. I had been thinking of buying a GTX660 which would be it's natural replacement or an HD7850, the GTX660 replaced my previous HD4850.

Instead of doing that I've been thinking of tryig to find another GTX460 and run them in SLI mode, it's as much because I've never done it before and it would be fun to see, as it is a way of keeping costs down and making use of an old card. I have a Gigabyte Odin 800W PSU so I think I should be safe there although I only have an Asus P8Z68-V motherboard which I read won't run at x16 if I install two VGA cards.

I'm in Chiang Mai which has a very small 2nd market in the various computer centres so I'm wondering if I might have more luck in Bangkok. I've also just seen one on EBay UK for 60GBP which is unused and so seems like a great deal.

I'm also going to SIngapore at the end of this month but I can't remember much about 2nd hand PC shops there, since my last visit was some years ago

--damole

If u can/want u should go with 660TI.Its about 7.000baht(and much better then regular 660 for gaming).. Single card solutions are better.Less heat in your case, less noise, etc.600series are much better,from architecture to power.With single card you'll never have to wait for the SLI profiles to come out in order to make use of both your cards. It really sucks when you're playing a new game and it's running like crap because it's only using one of the cards you paid for. And some games NEVER get multi-GPU support.(especially for older cards like 460) A single card is also much easier on your CPU. Just some things to keep in mind.

By the way people think sli/crossfire uses full power of both card,but that isn't true.You get only like 50-60% of second card usage.